Don't Worry, Be Happy

Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
that is exactly what I needed to hear, right now, KC. Thank you.

---

Funnily enough, I worry about worrying because it's at that point that I've lost sight of how things just work out - maybe not to plan or to your liking, maybe better, but they will. That uncertainty worries me, up until the point where I say "sod that for a game of soldiers" and do something about it.

We're fortunate that in reality, we don't need to worry about fundamental things like not being able to feed your family, not having a roof over your head or not having access to basic services. It's a question of perspective.
this will guide me to forecasting and prediction which is generally considered good practice to indicate the degree of uncertainty attaching to forecasts, or on the basis of observation, experience, or scientific reason .but i think Predicting things may help to low the worry about things unknown!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:30 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maudawia
this will guide me to forecasting and prediction which is generally considered good practice to indicate the degree of uncertainty attaching to forecasts, or on the basis of observation, experience, or scientific reason .but i think Predicting things may help to low the worry about things unknown!
hehe - at this point, I really wish forum posts could convey tone.

now time to get my crystal ball...
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:07 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Shoot me if you will but I've become a lot more of a worrier since moving to the Middle East.

I was definitely more optimistic before. And of such a sunny disposition that my ex boss said I was like sunshine on a dull day - yep, puke inducing I know but I'm usually such a happy person.

I was also more trusting. These days I just assume things will bugger up, or someone will try to cheat me, or feed me bullshit information which is awful really. But, with reason - all the above has happened to me here pretty much from day one. With knobs on.

I'm trying to regain my sunshine though...
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
hehe - at this point, I really wish forum posts could convey tone.

now time to get my crystal ball...
yeah yeah
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lullabelle
Shoot me if you will but I've become a lot more of a worrier since moving to the Middle East.

I was definitely more optimistic before. And of such a sunny disposition that my ex boss said I was like sunshine on a dull day - yep, puke inducing I know but I'm usually such a happy person.

I was also more trusting. These days I just assume things will bugger up, or someone will try to cheat me, or feed me bullshit information which is awful really. But, with reason - all the above has happened to me here pretty much from day one. With knobs on.

be on trust and feel happy and be sure no one can cheat u
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:28 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle

yup, a sharp lesson in humanity. You will be able to focus on the positive again, but be wiser for this experience and not waste your sunshine on worthless people... and do so with dignity.

Ok... my first ever (and hopefully only post) of a full poem, but it really does just sum it all up:

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

R Kipling
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on, Kitty
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.

Also: we can learn from all experiences (and perhaps that's why we have them), and even though some are painful to go through, we should be stronger and wiser because of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQk1-...layer_embedded