Don't Worry, Be Happy

Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:42 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
maudawia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UAE
Posts: 243
maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Don't Worry, Be Happy

Worries are basically fears. Everyone gets scared, but we all handle fear in different ways. Sometimes, it's easier to dwell on a fear than to do something about it......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtcBN...eature=related
maudawia is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:46 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
maudawia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UAE
Posts: 243
maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

what things make u worring and how u face it ?
maudawia is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:58 am
  #3  
Hit 16's
 
Bahtatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Posts: 13,112
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.



Also: we can learn from all experiences (and perhaps that's why we have them), and even though some are painful to go through, we should be stronger and wiser because of them.
Bahtatboy is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:58 am
  #4  
Hit 16's
 
Bahtatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Posts: 13,112
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

And then on the other hand, Jack's been a good friend from time to time.
Bahtatboy is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:02 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
maudawia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UAE
Posts: 243
maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
And then on the other hand, Jack's been a good friend from time to time.
thanks alot for all those but i stopped thinking deeply of this quote
some are painful to go through, we should be stronger and wiser because of them.
it is great
maudawia is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:14 am
  #6  
Hit 16's
 
Bahtatboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Posts: 13,112
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by maudawia View Post
thanks alot for all those but i stopped thinking deeply of this quote
Very wise, my friend
Bahtatboy is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:22 am
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
kittycat1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 5,965
kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

I try to keep the attitude that life is too short to worry, however I am only human so worrying is one of my flaws- well more being a stress bunny- I'm not scared of these things as I think life throws things at you that you just have to deal with but you can worry about the unknown- playing out a million different scenarios when at the end of the day you often have little control over everything in your life and things are never quite as bad as you imagine it to be (touch wood).

But i worry about the following;

Loosing my family- inevitable and part of life but i worry about my mum alot
Money/security- note why I am here sorting out my future security
Being a failure- note why Im a workaholic.
I worry about my house not being immaculate at all times - the OCD in me - I am a perfectionist and can't stand things to be out of place- to the point I have got up in the middle of the night to put random things in the right place. I try to fight the urge but alas i cannot.
kittycat1 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:33 am
  #8  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
I try to keep the attitude that life is too short to worry, however I am only human so worrying is one of my flaws- well more being a stress bunny- I'm not scared of these things as I think life throws things at you that you just have to deal with but you can worry about the unknown- playing out a million different scenarios when at the end of the day you often have little control over everything in your life and things are never quite as bad as you imagine it to be (touch wood).

But i worry about the following;

Loosing my family- inevitable and part of life but i worry about my mum alot
Money/security- note why I am here sorting out my future security
Being a failure- note why Im a workaholic.
I worry about my house not being immaculate at all times - the OCD in me - I am a perfectionist and can't stand things to be out of place- to the point I have got up in the middle of the night to put random things in the right place. I try to fight the urge but alas i cannot.
I worry about my women being out of place.......... sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to make sure my girlfriend is back in the right place before my wife comes home from wherever she's been...........
The Dean is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:46 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
maudawia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UAE
Posts: 243
maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
I worry about my women being out of place.......... sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to make sure my girlfriend is back in the right place before my wife comes home from wherever she's been...........
so u tasted in plate of betrayal
maudawia is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:49 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
maudawia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UAE
Posts: 243
maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
I try to keep the attitude that life is too short to worry, however I am only human so worrying is one of my flaws- well more being a stress bunny- I'm not scared of these things as I think life throws things at you that you just have to deal with but you can worry about the unknown- playing out a million different scenarios when at the end of the day you often have little control over everything in your life and things are never quite as bad as you imagine it to be (touch wood).

But i worry about the following;

Loosing my family- inevitable and part of life but i worry about my mum alot
Money/security- note why I am here sorting out my future security
Being a failure- note why Im a workaholic.
I worry about my house not being immaculate at all times - the OCD in me - I am a perfectionist and can't stand things to be out of place- to the point I have got up in the middle of the night to put random things in the right place. I try to fight the urge but alas i cannot.
so kitty u know well what things malke u worrying do u belive exepcting those things help to sweapt out worry ?
maudawia is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:58 am
  #11  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
kittycat1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 5,965
kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

I believe you can only do so much, what is meant for you won't pass you by. Money comes and goes, at the end of the day if you have your health and people you love in your life your as rich as you need to be- everything else is a bonus. Inevitably life will be kind and cruel to you, worrying won't change things but making the most of good times and getting through the bad times as best you can isn't a bad way to live.
kittycat1 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:34 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
maudawia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UAE
Posts: 243
maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
I believe you can only do so much, what is meant for you won't pass you by. Money comes and goes, at the end of the day if you have your health and people you love in your life your as rich as you need to be- everything else is a bonus. Inevitably life will be kind and cruel to you, worrying won't change things but making the most of good times and getting through the bad times as best you can isn't a bad way to live.
full of wisdom and courage that what we should ...great words...it is a such high values ​​,helps a lot in the promotion of personal

Last edited by maudawia; Jan 29th 2012 at 3:45 pm.
maudawia is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 9:18 pm
  #13  
hnd
BE Forum Addict
 
hnd's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 1,125
hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

I guess this may come back to the 'glass half empty, glass half full' way of thinking. There are those who worry that if they had or hadn't done such and such a thing, things could or would have been better. Seems to me they're always looking back (and we all know that hindsight is a wondrous thing - it has 20/20 vision for one thing).

Then there are those who are, perhaps relatively or even very, happy with the decisions they've made with they're lives and don't particularly worry if things may have been different and/or better if they hadn't made those decisions and get on with their lives and look forward to new opportunities.

Personally speaking my glass is always half full ... and if it get's any emptier than that it gets a refill - it's either time for a top up or time for a new adventure.

Cheers!
hnd is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2012, 11:39 pm
  #14  
ex-expat
 
Hello.Kitty's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: in front of my computer - in sunny Sussex!
Posts: 2,162
Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
I believe you can only do so much, what is meant for you won't pass you by. Money comes and goes, at the end of the day if you have your health and people you love in your life your as rich as you need to be- everything else is a bonus. Inevitably life will be kind and cruel to you, worrying won't change things but making the most of good times and getting through the bad times as best you can isn't a bad way to live.
that is exactly what I needed to hear, right now, KC. Thank you.

---

Funnily enough, I worry about worrying because it's at that point that I've lost sight of how things just work out - maybe not to plan or to your liking, maybe better, but they will. That uncertainty worries me, up until the point where I say "sod that for a game of soldiers" and do something about it.

We're fortunate that in reality, we don't need to worry about fundamental things like not being able to feed your family, not having a roof over your head or not having access to basic services. It's a question of perspective.
Hello.Kitty is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:48 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
maudawia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: UAE
Posts: 243
maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Originally Posted by hnd View Post
I guess this may come back to the 'glass half empty, glass half full' way of thinking. There are those who worry that if they had or hadn't done such and such a thing, things could or would have been better. Seems to me they're always looking back (and we all know that hindsight is a wondrous thing - it has 20/20 vision for one thing).

Then there are those who are, perhaps relatively or even very, happy with the decisions they've made with they're lives and don't particularly worry if things may have been different and/or better if they hadn't made those decisions and get on with their lives and look forward to new opportunities.

Personally speaking my glass is always half full ... and if it get's any emptier than that it gets a refill - it's either time for a top up or time for a new adventure.

Cheers!
pessimism comes from elevating of Will above reason as the mainspring of human thought and behavior.
maudawia is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.