Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Don't swear at a policemen!

Don't swear at a policemen!

Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't swear at a policemen!

Originally Posted by Scamp
Very long story.

The bit that dumbfounded me was that I was spat at twice, within two minutes, by the same bloke. Unreal. Never been so angry, fortunately did nothing and walked away...
It would have taken ALL my strength of will and then some not to kick this arse's balls until they come out of his ears.
I can easily walk away from verbal abuse, even physical to an extent...but spitting...NO, I think not.
I think a heartfelt Chinese rozzer on his, assumingly, pristine garnment would have been rather satisfying.

Last edited by Alexa; Nov 27th 2013 at 2:39 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
you have a very long fuse my friend. I can take all sorts of crap but if anyone spat on me, I would go all jockanese on them.
Vile vile vile.
Originally Posted by Alexa
It would have taken ALL my strength of will and then some not to kick this arse's balls until they come out of his ears.
I can easily walk away from verbal abuse, even physical to an extent...but spitting...NO, I think not.
I think a heartfelt Chinese rozzer on his, assumingly, pristine garnment would have been rather satisfying.
I was shaking when talking about it to the people the next day.

Not worth losing my life here for hitting some idiot.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I was shaking when talking about it to the people the next day.

Not worth losing my life here for hitting some idiot.
Respect. That is some pretty amazing self control..even in light of losing one's life.

I am still curious as to why he spat at you though....
Old Nov 27th 2013, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Respect. That is some pretty amazing self control..even in light of losing one's life.

I didn't mean death, just losing job and being here et.

Because we argued. I'll explain tomorrow when I'm not on my phone typing...
Old Nov 27th 2013, 5:55 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

You argued and he spat at you twice? Surely he can't be western - can he?

Must say mate, I'd have ****ing hammered the guy.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Short version:

Leaving the golf, quite late, had a few beers, wasn't hammered. Just merry.

Girls went to loos by buses. I'm stood daydreaming waiting for them. Pal of mine has shouted over at some guys asking if the car with Dubai Taxi is a cab or not.

Next thing I know, security guard and another two blokes start screaming from about 50yds away to get away from the car. At which point I wonder what's going on. Then, I turn around to be greeted by a bloke, probably The Dean's size, stood screaming at me for hitting this car. Obviously I told him I hadn't been. At which point he just stood closer, toe to toe, looking down on me shouting that I had been hitting this car and jumping on it and all sorts.

So I was quite surprised, stepped back and asked him what the hell he thought he was doing and why was he standing over me like that. Called him a ****ing monkey (he wasn't black, don't worry) because he was acting like one. At which point I turned around to walk away to the buses and he spat at me.

I turn around wondering what the hell just happened, veins popping and start going into orbit asking him what kind of an animal he is. His pal (another person in uniform) said I called him a monkey and apparently that's justification. So I said, I won't call him a monkey, I'll call him a ****ing animal **** because that's the kind of person that spits.

So argued a bit more, then decided this had exploded into something ridiculous and took the mother-in-law onto a bus home. As I walk away he spits again, this time hitting me again in the back of the head and my pal's mrs in the face.

Fortunately, the mrs' mum had hold of me and we carried on walking away.

Now. I know what you're all thinking, pissed up young idiot gets into row etc etc. Fortunately, the European Tour Tournament Director met me with the club deputy manager and said that he'd actually seen it all happen and my account was identical to what he saw.

I have never complained about anything really, but in this instance I thought the whole thing was completely avoidable and there was never any need to spit.

Disclaimer: JGE were brilliant, the mgr, deputy mgr and european tour guy were all great and listened and apologised even though not their fault. I've tried to play there since but couldn't get a tee time. They were top chaps about it.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:05 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

So it was a security monkey that spat at you?

I trust he'd been sacked and deported.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

you did well not to lose it...me I would have wrapped my 9-iron round the tw*t
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
So it was a security monkey that spat at you?

I trust he'd been sacked and deported.
Apparently punted, which I kind of felt bad about.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently punted, which I kind of felt bad about.
Why?

He deserved it. He was a complete and utter tosser no matter which way you look at it. No need to feel bad at all - the man needed a bit of a push into a different career choice. He'll probably thank you one day
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
Why?

He deserved it. He was a complete and utter tosser no matter which way you look at it. No need to feel bad at all - the man needed a bit of a push into a different career choice. He'll probably thank you one day
I guess so, still...it's done and it wasn't fun but I survived!
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

A security guy. Well, that makes it worse. For him. If indeed, he was hired to provide security, then his behaviour was totally unprofessional and he should have been fired.
As a security person one is obliged to see to it that things stay calm and safe...not instigate and escalate.

Again, respect to you for staying relatively calm

Last edited by Alexa; Nov 28th 2013 at 7:44 am.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:48 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

He made you feel small?, blimey mate.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

years ago I was spat at by an old Emirati woman, was disgusting.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
He made you feel small?, blimey mate.
It was definitely part of the decision to not start swinging. Stood comfortably over me and wasn't small. Boxhead Russian/Eastern European type too.

He'd tear me apart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.