Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Don't swear at a policemen!

Don't swear at a policemen!

Old Nov 27th 2013, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't swear at a policemen!

Originally Posted by Kix
Most of the green uniformed cops aren't Emiratis, they're more often than not Yemenis, the Emiratis wouldn't take such a menial job, they want to be officers (sand uniforms) or CID (no uniforms).
Indeed, your standard Po Po's are genereally Yemanis, Omanis or Pakistanis.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Have to say I agree with this. Impatient and with an inflated sense of self-worth...their crowing achievement is being married to someone who has been lucky/ruthless enough to earn a decent living. They have no class, dress terribly and give Brits a bad name as much as the chavs we all love to hate.

N.
Could not agree more. What is it with white linen pants and thongs? Who'd have thought JJ's could make wobbly arsecheeks a fashion statement
Old Nov 27th 2013, 6:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ok I'm making a few assumptions here but: To be honest I believe him, some of the jumeriah jane types here are so rude so impatient and complete bitches with an inflated ego and over rated impression if self importance, I had one behind me in the supermarket the other day where the queue was very slow the girl on the til was incredibly flustered and this woman flew into a tirade of abuse as obviously she was late for her coffee morning or facial on wax or whatever, she was completely out of order, which I may have pointed out and to show some respect- she looked like she was ready to kill me and how date I belittle her in front of the staff! So I say good for the copper slam a few more of the old witches up! Honestly I have no idea where these women come from surely they once knew how to show respect to others? Anyway rant over!

In regards to her sentence,I think its good - that'll teach her some manners! however the sentence for the drink driver was far too relaxed.

Amen KC. That's a great post and more importantly, good on you for pointing out when people are acting like dickheads (irrespective of if a middle aged Brit woman etc...)
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The woman in the article is described as an American expat.

Unusual, though. Not because Americans aren't capable of crass actions but this may be the first I've heard of an American in trouble in Dubai. A nice change of pace from the usual British suspect.

Wonder how she reacted when the US consulate refused to help.

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Have to say I agree with this. Impatient and with an inflated sense of self-worth...their crowing achievement is being married to someone who has been lucky/ruthless enough to earn a decent living. They have no class, dress terribly and give Brits a bad name as much as the chavs we all love to hate.

N.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

When Johnny Foreigner does not understand SHOUT at him !
Old Nov 27th 2013, 10:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Amen KC. That's a great post and more importantly, good on you for pointing out when people are acting like dickheads (irrespective of if a middle aged Brit woman etc...)
agree totally.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 11:06 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be quite happy for anyone anywhere to get banged up for swearing at or abusing a copper.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 11:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'd be quite happy for anyone anywhere to get banged up for swearing at or abusing a copper.
I found something out a while ago that if you spit at a rozzer in the UK, you get fined (I think £50) and it goes directly to the person you gobbed on. Good.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I found something out the hard way a while ago that if you spit at a rozzer in the UK, you get fined (I think £50) and it goes directly to the person you gobbed on.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flares
I can assure you that's not the case. Especially having been spat on (twice) at an event here in the last month.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I can assure you that's not the case. Especially having been spat on (twice) at an event here in the last month.
Somebody SPAT on you ???? WTF is wrong with people???????
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alexa
Somebody SPAT on you ???? WTF is wrong with people???????
Very long story.

The bit that dumbfounded me was that I was spat at twice, within two minutes, by the same bloke. Unreal. Never been so angry, fortunately did nothing and walked away...
Old Nov 27th 2013, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was spat at by a stranger in Southampton when I was at uni so going back a few years-maybe it's a Southampton thing? They also called me a slut- (i was actually very sweet back then and certainly not a slut) I was on my way to the doctors wearing jeans and a cami in a very indie chick non slutty way and as it was a lovely sunny day.. The joys of st Mary's!

Last edited by kittycat1; Nov 27th 2013 at 1:57 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:13 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Spitting at someone is actually classed as assault in the UK.

Anyone shouting abuse at a policeman, especially one attending the scene of an accident deserves everything they get. What is wrong with people?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:27 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

you have a very long fuse my friend. I can take all sorts of crap but if anyone spat on me, I would go all jockanese on them.
Vile vile vile.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.