British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Don't shisa and drive (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dont-shisa-drive-894920/)

Millhouse Apr 4th 2017 9:16 am

Don't shisa and drive

Smoking shisha or applying make-up while driving calls for fines in UAE | Zawya UAE Edition

Dubai: Motorists eating, reading, fixing their scarf, applying make-up or smoking shisha will be fined Dh800 and docked 4 black points, a senior officer told Gulf News.

General Mohammad Saif Al Zafein, head of the UAE Federal Traffic Council, said the new addition to the revised traffic law is for people who get distracted on the roads indulging in activities other than the use of their mobile phone while driving.

He said that recently the police witnessed people smoking shisha inside their vehicles while driving. “We stopped motorists who were smoking shisha inside their vehicle. It was not a e-cigarette but a proper shisha with charcoal. Such behaviour while driving is dangerous and irresponsible. The new law added a penalty for motorists who get distracted by activities such as shisha, reading, eating or fixing their scarf [while driving],” Gen. Al Zafein told Gulf News.

weasel decentral Apr 4th 2017 10:09 am

Re: Don't shisa and drive

SHISHA

Though the idea of finding some numpty driving around with hot charcoals potentially bouncing around the car is hilarious.

Millhouse Apr 4th 2017 10:24 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12221067)
SHISHA

Though the idea of finding some numpty driving around with hot charcoals potentially bouncing around the car is hilarious.

The typo was just for you.

I want to know how they start the coals going. Probable a little chiminea in the back.

mission Apr 4th 2017 12:10 pm

err who the hell does shisha in the car while driving - like seriously WTF:eek: clearly it's gotta be the locals

Millhouse Apr 4th 2017 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12221148)
err who the hell does shisha in the car while driving - like seriously WTF:eek: clearly it's gotta be the locals

can you imagine the air quality in the car?

weasel decentral Apr 4th 2017 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12221081)
The typo was just for you.

I want to know how they start the coals going. Probable a little chiminea in the back.

I have coals that you can just light with a match, not regular charcoal but some kind of shisha firelighter :rofl: work well actually

Millhouse Apr 4th 2017 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12221203)
I have coals that you can just light with a match, not regular charcoal but some kind of shisha firelighter :rofl: work well actually

Sounds interesting. I'll have to get some for the car.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 5th 2017 5:30 am

When I have kids I'll get one to stand on the central arm rest and sort the coals for me. Much safer.

Meow Apr 5th 2017 5:54 am

Just when I'd finally mastered that particular skill...

UKCityGent Apr 5th 2017 10:14 am

You can get Shisa that plugs into mains of car