Don't buck the Mawaqif

Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't buck the Mawaqif

Bloody hell.

Just checked the AD website. There's the same ticket registered on it - but that one has been given a 50% discount so the fine is only 300 AED.

But....

Wait.....

Get this.....

According to the AD website I apparently have an outstanding fine from Sharjah Emirate for 700 AED

.....dated to 2003.

Note that I first set foot in this country in January 2008.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Bloody hell.

Just checked the AD website. There's the same ticket registered on it - but that one has been given a 50% discount so the fine is only 300 AED.

But....

Wait.....

Get this.....

According to the AD website I apparently have an outstanding fine from Sharjah Emirate for 700 AED

.....dated to 2003.

Note that I first set foot in this country in January 2008.
I have the same on the Dubai one... 2 speeding tickets since 2007. They have always been there, never caused a problem at renewal.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:26 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you wimp.

I've been in Dubai 5 months... in that period we have obtained:

1) Using mobile phone: 200 AED
2) Speeding: 600 AED
3) Parking: 200 AED
14 years and not one fine, got three in a week on the road behind here that has no traffic on it ever just a twat hidden behind a bin with a speed camera
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
balls. I've only been checking the Dubai one (2 - 1,200dhs total), just checked the Abu Dhabi one and there is another 10 - 6,200dhs

FFS!
get in there. This is funnier than shaving your nuts with an epilator.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
balls. I've only been checking the Dubai one (2 - 1,200dhs total), just checked the Abu Dhabi one and there is another 10 - 6,200dhs

FFS!
Youch! Heard on the radio yesterday that a lot of people have been shocked by their January fines in AD city because a lot of the limits have been lowered. There aren't many active cameras in the city, but there are lots of average speed ones cropping up and I think they'll be active before long. But there are also a lot of unmarked cars, ranging from mundane Toyotas to Cayennes.

Also, for any of you Dubai-ites coming to AD, if you come into the city over the new bridge and along the Eastern Ring Road, the stretch between the bridge and the city is very heavily policed, I see at least 2 drivers caught there every evening. Just keep up with the flow at 80-100.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Also, for any of you Dubai-ites coming to AD, if you come into the city over the new bridge and along the Eastern Ring Road, the stretch between the bridge and the city is very heavily policed, I see at least 2 drivers caught there every evening. Just keep up with the flow at 80-100.
Also, the speed limit changes on that road about 50m past the Maqta bridge junction, with a speed camera just after the sign (if you can see it through the overgrown trees!)

On the plus side, both my Dubai tickets were on the Abu Dhabi page, so it's really only 8 new ones, with the discount it's "only" 3,700dhs.