Don't buck the Mawaqif

Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't buck the Mawaqif

There's a small side road beside PJs bar in AD, usually parked both sides. No clear indication that its a no-parking area, but I guess fairly obvious since there's the black and blue Mawaqif bays nearby. Left my car there overnight last night, being a responsible no-drink-and-drive kind of guy. Plenty of other cars there, thought it would be ok.

AED 500 fine. Ouch.

Not looking for sympathy. Should've bought a Mawaqif ticket and let it overrun: AED 100 according to the link.

http://www.mawaqif.ae/parking_violations_en.html
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't buck the Mawaqif

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
There's a small side road beside PJs bar in AD, usually parked both sides. No clear indication that its a no-parking area, but I guess fairly obvious since there's the black and blue Mawaqif bays nearby. Left my car there overnight last night, being a responsible no-drink-and-drive kind of guy. Plenty of other cars there, thought it would be ok.

AED 500 fine. Ouch.

Not looking for sympathy. Should've bought a Mawaqif ticket and let it overrun: AED 100 according to the link.

http://www.mawaqif.ae/parking_violations_en.html
I have been caught in exactly the same place. Lunch in the Ally Pally that day cost over 600 AED all in.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:05 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I have been caught in exactly the same place. Lunch in the Ally Pally that day cost over 600 AED all in.
Thanks for letting me know...
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for letting me know...
Yup, sorry. For what it's worth, I also got a fine last week for parking on the sand at the DIFC. Don't let any part of the car hang over the pavement is the lesson.

Thankfully, today, I have finally received my space in the underground car park so that should be the last of them.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread inspired me to check my plate digits online to see if there are any outstanding fines. So far I haven't received any of the dreaded SMS notifying of a fine since early 2010 when I got one for not wearing a seatbelt (600 AED).

600 AED fine from 6 November in Abu Dhabi Emirate.

Wonder what I did since I rarely, if ever, speed.

Lesson: never go to Al Ain.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ethos83
This thread inspired me to check my plate digits online to see if there are any outstanding fines. So far I haven't received any of the dreaded SMS notifying of a fine since early 2010 when I got one for not wearing a seatbelt (600 AED).

you wimp.

I've been in Dubai 5 months... in that period we have obtained:

1) Using mobile phone: 200 AED
2) Speeding: 600 AED
3) Parking: 200 AED
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:30 am
Account Closed

37 months in DXB:

2 x parking tickets (150 AED each)

1 x failure to wear seatbelt (600 AED

1 x (presumably) speeding ticket (600 AED).

Works out to 40 AED per month. Remind me to add that to the Pajero running costs spreadsheet.

you wimp.

I've been in Dubai 5 months... in that period we have obtained:

1) Using mobile phone: 200 AED
2) Speeding: 600 AED
3) Parking: 200 AED
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:37 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

You're all pussies.

Girl in my office racked up 37,500 in eight months - she did wonder why no-one fixed the bright flashing light on the road near her house apparently...
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:10 am
Hit 16's

Could you post link, please?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:25 am
Account Closed

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/eng...g=1&isEng=true

Tell us the bad news.

Could you post link, please?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:40 am
Hit 16's

Think I must've been hit with the stupid stick--can't find the relevant bit in the site. Doh. And presumably it only records Dubai fines, and I'll have to got to Abu Dhabi Police site for the ones in Abu Dhabi.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:42 am
Hit 16's

Whoa, zilch in AD. That anti-reflective spray must be working.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Think I must've been hit with the stupid stick--can't find the relevant bit in the site. Doh. And presumably it only records Dubai fines, and I'll have to got to Abu Dhabi Police site for the ones in Abu Dhabi.
it should record both - however, I find it best to check both as sometimes some are missing.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:53 am
Hit 16's

Ok, got there eventually. Zilch in Dubai, too. It won't last.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

it should record both - however, I find it best to check both as sometimes some are missing.
balls. I've only been checking the Dubai one (2 - 1,200dhs total), just checked the Abu Dhabi one and there is another 10 - 6,200dhs

FFS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.