domestic goddess

Old Dec 9th 2011, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default domestic goddess

Thank you very much to Hello Kitty for helping me on my journey towards domestic goddess status. I am now the proud owner of a microwave and hoover. Now I know how to use the hoover (surprisingly). But with the mircowave I know how to make scrambled eggs and heat beans and spaghetti hoops. SO not quite at Nigella lawson levels yet.

So does anyone have microwave recipes so I can make some food other than eggs and beans and popcorn?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: domestic goddess

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Thank you very much to Hello Kitty for helping me on my journey towards domestic goddess status. I am now the proud owner of a microwave and hoover. Now I know how to use the hoover (surprisingly). But with the mircowave I know how to make scrambled eggs and heat beans and spaghetti hoops. SO not quite at Nigella lawson levels yet.

So does anyone have microwave recipes so I can make some food other than eggs and beans and popcorn?
So it's tinned ravioli for Christmas Day ?

http://www.microwaverecipe.net/ Just for you sweetie !

Last edited by co durham boy; Dec 9th 2011 at 6:21 am.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol durhamboy! Luckily for me Im rocking up at my parents just in tome for dinner so no ravioli for me this year :-)

Thanks for the link
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
lol durhamboy! Luckily for me Im rocking up at my parents just in tome for dinner so no ravioli for me this year :-)

Thanks for the link
No worries , im sure your microwave will be dinging soon
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Use the baked potato setting and do some spuds?

Saying that, it's a great way to do them if you then slice up and chuck in the oven to make either chips or oven roasted spuds as they'll be nice and fluffy on the inside.

Also stick a bunch of diced veg in a plastic tub and nuke with a splash of oil and garlic salt and you've got some nice steamed veg for a side, or spinach leaves in a ziplock bag thingy and you've got wilted spinach leaves for a salad.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 8:57 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Use the baked potato setting and do some spuds?

Saying that, it's a great way to do them if you then slice up and chuck in the oven to make either chips or oven roasted spuds as they'll be nice and fluffy on the inside.

Also stick a bunch of diced veg in a plastic tub and nuke with a splash of oil and garlic salt and you've got some nice steamed veg for a side, or spinach leaves in a ziplock bag thingy and you've got wilted spinach leaves for a salad.
You're going to kill me for this, but... what the heck

Three Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake!
- 4 table or desertspoons self-raising flour
- 4 same spoons sugar
- 2 spoons cocoa
- 3 spoons milk
- 3 spoons oil
- 1 egg

Mix all the dry ingredients (in a mug if you're desperate), then add the egg (and mix) and then the wet ingredients (and mix again...)
Stick in the microwave for 3 minutes.

Voila! If I remember rightly, it's great with custard.

Oh, and I still can't believe that after 3 years of relatively rubbish hoover, I cleaned it out 10 minutes before you came round... I wouldn't be surprised if it sucked through some of your flat's walls if you weren't careful!

Oh oh oh! And I also had a brain bypass because I could have given you a "cookbook"... it's for cakes, but based on cake mixes, so really not difficult at all... it's just that I don't use cake mixes (blasphemy!)

Enjoy!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 11:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

microwaved scrambled egg! you should be shot
Old Dec 13th 2011, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
microwaved scrambled egg! you should be shot
Agree.

My Mum does it like that and it's just rank.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 11:53 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

So who's got the best scrambled egg recipe? I use a huge dollop of butter, lightly beaten eggs with a splash of milk plus black pepper and some herbs, and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly till they're the right consistency.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:03 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
You're going to kill me for this, but... what the heck

Three Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake!
- 4 table or desertspoons self-raising flour
- 4 same spoons sugar
- 2 spoons cocoa
- 3 spoons milk
- 3 spoons oil
- 1 egg

Mix all the dry ingredients (in a mug if you're desperate), then add the egg (and mix) and then the wet ingredients (and mix again...)
Stick in the microwave for 3 minutes.

Voila! If I remember rightly, it's great with custard.

Oh, and I still can't believe that after 3 years of relatively rubbish hoover, I cleaned it out 10 minutes before you came round... I wouldn't be surprised if it sucked through some of your flat's walls if you weren't careful!

Oh oh oh! And I also had a brain bypass because I could have given you a "cookbook"... it's for cakes, but based on cake mixes, so really not difficult at all... it's just that I don't use cake mixes (blasphemy!)

Enjoy!
That cake sounds good. Might give it a go!
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
So who's got the best scrambled egg recipe? I use a huge dollop of butter, lightly beaten eggs with a splash of milk plus black pepper and some herbs, and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly till they're the right consistency.
I wouldn't bother with the milk or 'erbs. Pepper of course is essential, served on a crusty roll with cucumber.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Just butter in the pan, whisk the eggs and cook, chucking in salt, pepper and a hardly dollop of some kind of hot sauce.

Slap the cooked slop on some buttered toast, serve with bacon or sausages, if I can be arsed.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 5:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Scrambled Eggs;

1. Sit on sofa
2. Shout to the mrs that I'm hungry
3. Wait for her to suggest eggs
4. Wait.
5. Eat.

PERFECT.