British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Doing a Spugsy.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/doing-spugsy-719694/)

TGFKASE Jun 5th 2011 3:09 pm

Doing a Spugsy....

Yep, I have found myself unable to trawl through the detritus that inhabits Google, and simply wish to know which company I can take some visitors to to experience Quad biking. All are experienced quad bikers and want to go 'off piste', so to speak...

Any ideas?

MacScot Jun 5th 2011 3:15 pm

Re: Doing a Spugsy....

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 9411749)
Yep, I have found myself unable to trawl through the detritus that inhabits Google, and simply wish to know which company I can take some visitors to to experience Quad biking. All are experienced quad bikers and want to go 'off piste', so to speak...

Any ideas?

Contact Matahari...I think her son is into quad-biking from a previous post of hers.

PS Long time no hear.

TGFKASE Jun 5th 2011 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 9411760)
Contact Matahari...I think her son is into quad-biking from a previous post of hers.

PS Long time no hear.

I shall contact the font of all knowledge..

And, yes, still in the Sandpit..

Leaving it to the newer generation to hand out the 'pearls of wisdom' these days...

Autonomy Jun 5th 2011 4:40 pm

I was worried for you when you said "doing a Spugsy", though if you had said "doing Spugsy" I would have been far more worried, in fact, traumatised....

MacScot Jun 5th 2011 5:40 pm

There's almost enough words or sayings to do a BE Middle East version of the urban dictionary:

Doing a Spugsy - too lazy do do one's own internet search :rofl:
Doing an Eva - posting witty but obscure or indecipherable replies...

lionheart Jun 6th 2011 4:02 am

There is a place off the Emirates Rd between Ajman and RAK, which looks good. Desert Bikers or something.

ctfc Jun 6th 2011 7:38 am

Try on here also for latest info: http://www.dubaipetrolheads.com/

Though suspect it's too hot now for anything other than very early morning?

KTM Farm are very good for bikes, though don't know if they have quads

Spugsy Jun 6th 2011 10:12 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 9411749)

Any ideas?

I went with this lad from Nottingham, he was ace - he takes 4 people out at a time, you just follow him around and have fun. Quite often people go out and go flying over a hill and half kill themselves but he knows the area, it's brilliant.

Got his card at home and I'll get his number if you want it.

p.s. spent my first night out at jebal ali club on Friday, my mates formed a band for their leaving do, it was bloody great - like being in some shit working mens club.

Brains1983 Jun 6th 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 9412870)
Though suspect it's too hot now for anything other than very early morning?

KTM Farm are very good for bikes, though don't know if they have quads

They do, 475s and 525s. 550dhs for 4 hours. Not the right time of year though, we went from 6-10am and was 45oC when we dropped them off.

Bwarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!

TGFKASE Jun 8th 2011 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9413118)
I went with this lad from Nottingham, he was ace - he takes 4 people out at a time, you just follow him around and have fun. Quite often people go out and go flying over a hill and half kill themselves but he knows the area, it's brilliant.

Got his card at home and I'll get his number if you want it.

p.s. spent my first night out at jebal ali club on Friday, my mates formed a band for their leaving do, it was bloody great - like being in some shit working mens club.

Ahhh, you were with the party thru the back??? And, yes, it is like being in some shit working-mans club. S'why I love it...

Aye, drop me a note on FB with the number, Spugs. Cheers..