Is Dohar paradise?

Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

simon-hannah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Dohar paradise?

I have received an offer for a job in Dohar. If i take it i would like to bring my family out with me. Is this possible and if so how do wives and children get on out there?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Dohar paradise?

Originally Posted by simon-hannah
I have received an offer for a job in Dohar. If i take it i would like to bring my family out with me. Is this possible and if so how do wives and children get on out there?
expect to see plenty of negative replies! I don't remember seeing anyone post anything positive about the place!

understand you have to get an exit every time you want to leave the country!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Well Dohar is not a place on Earth so I am guessing yes it is probably paradise!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
Well Dohar is not a place on Earth so I am guessing yes it is probably paradise!
Well if you are going to be pedantic

"Dohar (Bengali: দোহার) is an Upazila of Dhaka District in the Division of Dhaka, Bangladesh."

so that makes it a place on earth
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:06 am

gedge has disabled reputation

well going back 20 years it weren't so bad, i guess it depends upon your expectations
have you lived anywhere other than the UK before? (ok i'm assuming you are in the UK)
have you visited a muslim country before? do you know how this will differ from the society you are used to?

one final assumption, i guess you mean Doha, Qatar?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:11 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

If it was paradise...we'd all be there....but we're not
Do a search on this forum, a lot has been said about it before...if you like a quiet life it should be ok...
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by MataHari
If it was paradise...we'd all be there....but we're not
Do a search on this forum, a lot has been said about it before...if you like a quiet life it should be ok...
does that not apply to Dubai then? the quiet life bit
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
does that not apply to Dubai then? the quiet life bit
haha...and haha again
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:18 am

haha...and haha again
did i tickle? i was being serious
i hope you know i'm having a severe avatar crisis because of you
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:23 am
hmmmm...nice

did i tickle? i was being serious
i hope you know i'm having a severe avatar crisis because of you
oh you were...well, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a quiet spot in Dubai...construction everywhere 24/7, the trafficjams...
I would never consider to recommend Dubai as the place for a quiet life...but I guess if you stay away from it all you could...but it's not to be compared with Doha(r)

oh good...at least you are taking notice of what I say...
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:29 am

oh you were...well, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a quiet spot in Dubai...construction everywhere 24/7, the trafficjams...
I would never consider to recommend Dubai as the place for a quiet life...but I guess if you stay away from it all you could...but it's not to be compared with Doha(r)

oh good...at least you are taking notice of what I say...
the last lot of piccies i saw from Novi made it look like Doha was on the same track albeit at it's own pace

when you say at least me, does that mean no one else does? haha...haha
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:31 am
hmmmm...nice

the last lot of piccies i saw from Novi made it look like Doha was on the same track albeit at it's own pace

when you say at least me, does that mean no one else does? haha...haha

I think in terms of bars, clubs, restaurants, concerts, sports events etc, Doha is nowhere near Dubai...

oh now, you should know that they do...
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:36 am

I think in terms of bars, clubs, restaurants, concerts, sports events etc, Doha is nowhere near Dubai...

oh now, you should know that they do...
yeah i guess you'd be right on that front, it's always been more progressive
but still you can have a good time without any of those

and if they don't then they bloody well should!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:43 am
hmmmm...nice

yeah i guess you'd be right on that front, it's always been more progressive
but still you can have a good time without any of those

and if they don't then they bloody well should!
of course you can...it all depends what you are after...that's why this sort of question (the OPs) is impossible to answer...

I agree...lol
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:05 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

might be an idea before you accept to find out a little about the place eg where it is and how you spell it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.