Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Doha Water Park - Dress Code

Doha Water Park - Dress Code

Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

captaincaveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha Water Park - Dress Code

So, a new water park has opened (25km outside Doha) but apparently it has a dress code.

Women to be covered to the knees and no bikini.

Information seems to be sketchy but pretty much sounds like a non starter for many.

Anyone actually know anything for a fact? Cannot just be this

Last edited by captaincaveman; Oct 21st 2010 at 1:59 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

captaincaveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doha Water Park - Dress Code

This is the place - pity about dress code as it looks ok

Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captaincaveman
So, a new water park has opened (25km outside Doha) but apparently it has a dress code.

Information seems to be sketchy but pretty much sounds like a non starter for many.

http://www.ahiida.com/images/T/xctmpBLVk1J.png
Drove past it last week , looks like they've made a bit of an effort but believe you me it ain't no Wild Wadi / Atlantis that's for sure , typical Qatar development , copy what is around then get cold feet and it ends up sh*t

Not sure about the dress code but i there are no single men allowed at anytime . I heard they've built it there so the Saudi's can also 'pop' in on the way to the border.
Why anyone would build a water park there is beyond me . Qataris are really not the most brightest of nations, as my Emirati boss says , Kuwaitis are ignorant , Saudis are arrogant and Qataris are both.......!
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Drove past it last week , looks like they've made a bit of an effort but believe you me it ain't no Wild Wadi / Atlantis that's for sure , typical Qatar development , copy what is around then get cold feet and it ends up sh*t

Not sure about the dress code but i there are no single men allowed at anytime . I heard they've built it there so the Saudi's can also 'pop' in on the way to the border.
Why anyone would build a water park there is beyond me . Qataris are really not the most brightest of nations, as my Emirati boss says , Kuwaitis are ignorant , Saudis are arrogant and Qataris are both.......!
and what are Emiratis?
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

not a fan then Durham boy?
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
and what are Emiratis?
Sorry for the grammar....
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kittycat1
not a fan then Durham boy?
I'm not fan of any of them actually they're just a vehicle for me to make money.
I have the same sh*t here as anywhere else in the Gulf just varying degrees of depth unfortunately...and it's deep here...
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ahiida.com/images/T/xctmpBLVk1J.png
Yes, there is a dress code...albeit not quite clear what it encompasses. We DO know by now that bikinis are defo a NO NO.
Other than that, we will see.
Well, not me, I would not be seen dead there...full of naughty brats, ogling husbands and women in full gear....no my idea of fun.
Good thing Dubai is close....

Local newspapers today featured an ad by Aqua park Qatar advising visitors that suitable swim wear must be worn at all time, in addition to "no denim, buckles or braces". Followed by an advisory caution that local culture must be respected (the peninsula page 02)
This comes after many locals complaining over local media about indecent attire worn by foreigners at Aqua park Qatar including an Outraged Qatari woman calling in the popular local radio talk show " my beloved country, good morning" two days ago expressing her anger towards foreign women who wore " swim wear" to the Aqua Park!!!
http://bit.ly/av9AjF

And here is another good one....
Ajnas said Boy damages kidney in fall at amusement facility ...

Boy damages kidney in fall at amusement facility
Tuesday, 12 October 2010 04:07

By SAMIHA GOUHAR

DOHA: An 11-year-old boy had his right kidney severely damaged and a rib broken in a fall while playing at a local amusement facility.

The incident took place on October 2. The father of the victim, Ahmed, says doctors have declared that his son has lost his right kidney since he could not be brought in for treatment in time.

The management of the amusement centre refused to talk on the issue.

The father who did not want his name in print has filed two police complaints, one with the Mekainis Police (Complaint Number 1100) on October 2 about the incident, the other on October 7 against the manager of the facility for allegedly visiting the hospital and trying to speak with his wife to tender an apology.

HMC doctors have also confirmed that the right kidney of the boy has been severely damaged.

Giving details of the tragic incident, the victim’s father earlier said that on the fateful day he dropped Ahmed and his mother at the amusement centre. “But after a while I got a call on my mobile phone from her. She sounded panicky while telling me that Ahmed had fallen and was lying unconscious.” “I immediately asked her if there were any rescuers attending to Ahmed and whether there was an ambulance, to which she replied in the negative. She said some onlookers had, though, come for help,” said the father, adding that he, therefore, immediately rushed to the amusement facility.

The father further quoted Ahmed’s mother as saying that some of the visitors had helped bring him out. The kid’s mother had told him that the boy was lying on the ground and the people who had come to his help believed he was all right.

But the father said that when he reached there he found his son crying and vomitting. “I talked to the manager of the facility and he told me there was no cause for worry.”

“The manager said that my son may have eaten before entering the play area and it was for this reason that he was vomitting, but my son soon fell unconscious.”

According to the father, he called in an ambulance but since it took time to arrive due to the distance involved, he also called in the police which soon arrived on the spot.

“The police found that safety measures were inadequate,” claimed the father.

Rescuers must weigh every child before allowing him into the play area which is, ironically, called the ‘Death Game,’ he said.

For example, a child weighing 60kg should not be allowed into the play area with a child of 80kg, he claimed.

“But my child was not weighed,” he said.

Three accidents have taken place before his son was involved in one at the amusement facility, claimed Ahmed’s father.

The manager asked a woman to call Ahmed’s mother saying he wanted to apologise.

The woman tried to convince Ahmed’s mother that the family shouldn’t lodge a police complaint and instead make a rapprochement. Meanwhile, this reporter’s efforts to seek comments on the issue from the manager met with failure.

The manager first dillydallied saying he would be speaking tomorrow and the day after but finally refused to say a word.

THE PENINSULA

http://www.thepenins...

Last edited by Alexa; Oct 22nd 2010 at 9:31 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
For example, a child weighing 60kg should not be allowed into the play area with a child of 80kg, he claimed.
bloody hell
Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:42 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Would this qualify (if they pulled them up a bit)?

Doha Water Park - Dress Code-socks.jpg
Old Oct 24th 2010, 3:26 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

did I read - '...a child weighing 80kgs...' ?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
That's standard here mate , that and inter family relations , largest genetic disorders in the world.

They all look like Cartoon characters.......
Old Oct 25th 2010, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

NSFW

not safe for wahabi

you can see some calf
Old Oct 25th 2010, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen a few birkinis over the last week as have been hanging out in water parks with my nephew, I must say they are quite bizarre! and the fact the men are wearing speedos and the women are trussed up like tellytubbies... I can't say its a look I'll be investing ion this season.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
if that is the case they should all be done for child abuse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.