Doha- urgh

Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doha- urgh

Hi All,

OK I am stuck in Doha because of this sodding Volcano- desperately hoping Ill get back to the UK in time for my mates wedding so in the mean time trying not to go stir crazy- can anyone suggest things to do in Doha?

Can't head back to Dubai as will lose my standby status for a flight home so have to stay here until it gets to the point of no hope ie if I miss my mates wedding then I'll head back... sob

any suggestions anyone?

xxx
Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha- urgh

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi All,

OK I am stuck in Doha because of this sodding Volcano- desperately hoping Ill get back to the UK in time for my mates wedding so in the mean time trying not to go stir crazy- can anyone suggest things to do in Doha?

Can't head back to Dubai as will lose my standby status for a flight home so have to stay here until it gets to the point of no hope ie if I miss my mates wedding then I'll head back... sob

any suggestions anyone?

xxx
We have people stuck here and they have been told 10 days (making the visit 24 days in total ) 'till the next flight back to blighty that they can get on (BA). I'd go back to Dubai if I were you...
Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:39 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

any suggestions anyone?

xxx
I just came back from a roadtrip to Doha this weekend, and truth be told there isn't much to do there. You can hit the Souq which is nice, but after a while you'll have had enough coffee and smoked enough shisha.

The museum of islamic art (down on the corniche) is pretty cool, but other than that there isn't much in the way of entertainment.

If you are desperate for shopping (which i'm guessing you're not) then there is a huge shopping centre out by the national football stadium. can't remember the name off the top of my head, villagio or something equally bizarre i think...
Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:42 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
We have people stuck here and they have been told 10 days (making the visit 24 days in total ) 'till the next flight back to blighty that they can get on (BA). I'd go back to Dubai if I were you...
friend here was told 29th at earliest to the UK from Dxb.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
friend here was told 29th at earliest to the UK from Dxb.
Don't tell me that... our stranded guests are a family of four (two kids) to add to the pain!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 4:28 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you thought about flying to Athens/Istanbul and getting the train to the UK which is what Gary Lineker had to do (more or less) with his family to get back for his TV show at the weekend. They were in Tenerife and got a flight to Madrid then drove home.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Don't tell me that... our stranded guests are a family of four (two kids) to add to the pain!
am I the only one in Abu Dhabi without ash cloud house 'guests'?

Scrub that...mate flies in from Mumbai today as he believes he's got more chance of getting back to UK from UAE. I would have chosen Muscat if I were in his boots.

He's a teacher and is supposed to be back in sunny Sussex today...Brit School Abu Dhabi were 20 teachers down yesterday...in an ideal world they could do a job swap
Old Apr 19th 2010, 5:42 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Indie's 48 Hours in Doha:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...a-1793142.html
Old Apr 19th 2010, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Have you thought about flying to Athens/Istanbul and getting the train to the UK which is what Gary Lineker had to do (more or less) with his family to get back for his TV show at the weekend. They were in Tenerife and got a flight to Madrid then drove home.
i guess if someone else is paying that is what they would do - however BA are flying them back at no additional cost so they wait by our pool...
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:02 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Problem solved
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100419/...n-45dbed5.html
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:28 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
And how cool is it to be picked up by a warship? It's almost so I wish I was stranded...
Old Apr 19th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

any suggestions anyone?

xxx
I actually live in doha... So if you are still here and want to meet, let me know.xoxoxo
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I've done the Souk, Ive done Villagios-( had to buy some emergency clothinga s we weren't given our cases for the first 3 days), went to sealine beach club- now very sunburnt- was meant to fly into Manchester this morning but now on standby- wish me luck folks- PS I would come back to Dubai but Im desperate to go to my mates wedding- meant to be doinga reading and play quite a big part in the day so sitting it out til Firday if not I'll come bak to Dubai- :-(

Alexa, I'm currently comfined to my hotel as on standby for a flight so daren't leave just in case and also am so sunburnt that moving hurts

xxx
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I've done the Souk, Ive done Villagios-( had to buy some emergency clothinga s we weren't given our cases for the first 3 days), went to sealine beach club- now very sunburnt- was meant to fly into Manchester this morning but now on standby- wish me luck folks- PS I would come back to Dubai but Im desperate to go to my mates wedding- meant to be doinga reading and play quite a big part in the day so sitting it out til Firday if not I'll come bak to Dubai- :-(

Alexa, I'm currently comfined to my hotel as on standby for a flight so daren't leave just in case and also am so sunburnt that moving hurts

xxx
Kitty meet up with Alexa!! she is a friend of mine
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BACK IN THE UK!!!! HOORAH!!! flight to edinburgh and then a 10 hour coach trip to Heathrow- so relieved to be home and will make it to my best friends wedding so all has ended well- apart from being completely sunburnt! Alexa- sorry didn't get to meet up- if I get stuck in Doha again I will ge in touch!

Good luck to anyone else stuck travelling!

xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.