British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Doha - England Game Sunday 1am, Bars (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/doha-england-game-sunday-1am-bars-836186/)

britexpat76 Jun 11th 2014 10:29 am

Doha - England Game Sunday 1am, Bars

Just read this on Dohanews Where to watch the 2014 World Cup in Qatar - Doha News and I am now ringing around all the places charging QR165 etc entry to see which ones will actually serve alcohol after 1am. So far 0.

Does anyone know anywhere serving after 1am else I may aswell stay at home or go somewhere free with a bottle of *special water*.

britexpat76 Jun 11th 2014 10:38 am

Re: Doha - England Game Sunday 1am, Bars

Update. Champions closing at 2am regardless, so you get to watch the 1st half.........

Irishbeekeeper Jun 11th 2014 12:42 pm

Better to stay home and enjoy it mate.
Btw I might as well ask the question here than start a new thread, the opening ceremony is tomorrow night at 11.30 pm UAE time...right?

Brains1983 Jun 11th 2014 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11297767)
Btw I might as well ask the question here than start a new thread, the opening ceremony is tomorrow night at 11.30 pm UAE time...right?

sounds about right, KO is 00:00 I think.

co durham boy Jun 12th 2014 3:52 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11297637)
Update. Champions closing at 2am regardless, so you get to watch the 1st half.........

There's not anywhere for the 1.00am games mate and that rules out Englands opener as well .

I might pitch up somehwere next Thursday for the England game as it's a 10pm kick off, will have to choose carefully mind because it will be rammo everywhere and i'm not one for waiting around to get served .

The St Regis have turned the Jazz club into a venue but it will be a 60 QR a pint job to say the least and no cheering or having fun.

The usual Qatar restrictions;)

britexpat76 Jun 12th 2014 8:01 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11299021)
There's not anywhere for the 1.00am games mate and that rules out Englands opener as well .

I might pitch up somehwere next Thursday for the England game as it's a 10pm kick off, will have to choose carefully mind because it will be rammo everywhere and i'm not one for waiting around to get served .

The St Regis have turned the Jazz club into a venue but it will be a 60 QR a pint job to say the least and no cheering or having fun.

The usual Qatar restrictions;)

There is one venue for Englands game where you will still be able to drink. Paloma are serving until 2am and you can order enough then to see you through the last half. I booked a table - No entrance fee, Winner

Mogs Jun 12th 2014 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11297767)

3.15pm local time - which is 10.15pm Dubai time

Irishbeekeeper Jun 12th 2014 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Mogs (Post 11299267)
3.15pm local time - which is 10.15pm Dubai time

dont know mate, most of the websites are saying 11.30 pm uae time but I will tune in at 10.30 pm anyway :thumbsup::thumbsup:

JamesandTamsin Jun 14th 2014 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11299141)
There is one venue for Englands game where you will still be able to drink. Paloma are serving until 2am and you can order enough then to see you through the last half. I booked a table - No entrance fee, Winner

I'm guessing you don't have to start early tomorrow? Damn my 7:30 am start! If you're going to watch some of the games which are shown at a more reasonable hour I may see if I can join you - buy you a beer for a seeing all of my emails 👍

britexpat76 Jun 15th 2014 9:20 am

Originally Posted by JamesandTamsin (Post 11302066)
I'm guessing you don't have to start early tomorrow? Damn my 7:30 am start! If you're going to watch some of the games which are shown at a more reasonable hour I may see if I can join you - buy you a beer for a seeing all of my emails 👍

I will hold you to that. I got driven into work at 1130, It still felt too early...........