Doha Copthorne Hotel

Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha Copthorne Hotel

Originally Posted by Geordie1968
So nobody knows a fkn thing about the Copthorne then apart from it's dry, it's over the road from the Crowne Plaza and it's next door to the Concorde.. which is nice with good rates.

Now that's the sort of top notch, insider type low-down that you just don't get on that new fangled Google thingy. So you can jam that right up your cracker mikewot
Dreadfully sorry that the information you received about it being dry but you can get a drink easily accross the road wasn't up to scratch.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Geordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mikewot
Well the thing is we live here (ME) but not in hotels

But... I thought that's where the beer is...

Mummy the man's being nasty to me!!
I'll show her that when she comes outta the shower
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:43 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

So nobody knows a fkn thing about the Copthorne then apart from it's dry, it's over the road from the Crowne Plaza and it's next door to the Concorde.. which is nice with good rates.

Now that's the sort of top notch, insider type low-down that you just don't get on that new fangled Google thingy. So you can jam that right up your cracker mikewot
PMSL. Gotta love us Geordies!

tripadvisor might be an idea too.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Geordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant futureGeordie1968 has a brilliant future

To be honest I don't really give a sheyt about the Copthorne, just wanted to start a thread!

Quite chuffed that it's over the road from the Crowne tho.

I'm getting in Monday morning Kix... what time does it open
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:47 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
PMSL. Gotta love us Geordies!

tripadvisor might be an idea too.
To be honest, when I look at TripAdvisor, most of the reviews for places I've stayed at are bollox.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I cannot confirm any of the information you have received. I've not been there.

Copthorne - Sounds like it will be either surprisingly nice or absolutely turd though. The name just sounds dodgy.

Still, the above can't be confirmed by me.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp

Copthorne - Sounds like it will be either surprisingly nice or absolutely turd though. The name just sounds dodgy.

Website looks nice and shiny and the chain usually have fairly nice joints... Well, the one in the Toon used to be canny anyhow. I'll find out for myself soon enough!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

You've only been to Southampton and JLT .....
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:11 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

To be honest I don't really give a sheyt about the Copthorne, just wanted to start a thread!

Quite chuffed that it's over the road from the Crowne tho.

I'm getting in Monday morning Kix... what time does it open
5pm....

Although The Oryx Rotana opens at midday.

But Krossroads bar at the Horizon Manor is the one for you - just remember to take your passport to get in.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
5pm....

But Krossroads bar at the Horizon Manor is the one for you - just remember to take your passport to get in.
Where's the Horizon Manor ?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:14 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I'm telling you this google malarky is the dogs doodas! http://www.horizonmanor.com/
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:16 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by co durham boy
On Jabr Bin Mohd Street, next to the big Standard Chartered Bank and kind of South of Souq Waqif

Horizon Manor

If anyone ever went to Krossroads at Imperial Suites in Bur Dubai, the same guy runs it.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kix
5pm....

Why this one Kix? does look canny tho...

Last edited by Geordie1968; Apr 4th 2013 at 8:23 am.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:19 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Why this one Kix?
Like a working mans club. Without the strippers or bingo.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Well, I can cope without the strippers.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.