British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Doha Copthorne Hotel (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/doha-copthorne-hotel-792762/)

Geordie1968 Apr 3rd 2013 3:29 pm

Doha Copthorne Hotel

Hey all

looks like work have got their act together and I'm heading out to join you this Friday / Saturday.

They're sticking us in the Copthorne on Airport Road, has anyone been / stayed there. or heard anything about it?

More to the point, does it have a bar? ;)

Cheers
Geordie

Theseus Apr 3rd 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Doha Copthorne Hotel

Dry as the bottom of a birdcage i'm afraid, however the Crowne Plaza is just over the road and has a really nice bar.

mikewot Apr 3rd 2013 4:27 pm

Some very nice reviews on booking.com, tripadviser etc. etc. I used a site called Google, it's pretty good.

Geordie1968 Apr 3rd 2013 9:24 pm

Google huh... I think I might have heard of it. And it would have told me if any BE members had any experience of that hotel.. didn't think it was that good but thanks for the comment mikewot

Kix Apr 4th 2013 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Geordie1968 (Post 10638969)
Google huh... I think I might have heard of it. And it would have told me if any BE members had any experience of that hotel.. didn't think it was that good but thanks for the comment mikewot

I stay next door in the Concorde and recommend it highly. Really good rates too.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 4th 2013 5:21 am

I've never been. Sorry.

Kix Apr 4th 2013 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10639482)
I've never been. Sorry.

It's insightful comments like this that makes me return to this bored time and time again... :rofl:

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 4th 2013 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10639484)
It's insightful comments like this that makes me return to this bored time and time again... :rofl:

I actually forgot to say, I've never heard of it either.

I'm just trying to steer the thread back to information requested.

Kix, we've all got to pull our weight and help out buddy.

mikewot Apr 4th 2013 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10639485)
I actually forgot to say, I've never heard of it either.

Try a site called Google, it's brilliant and got loads of info on it. It's almost like when you put a question into it away it goes trawls the internet then gives you loads of links for what you wanted. Amazing!

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10639485)
Kix, we've all got to pull our weight and help out buddy.

Better than the normal pulling of the pud ;)

NorthernLad Apr 4th 2013 5:40 am

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10639500)
Try a site called Google, it's brilliant and got loads of info on it. It's almost like when you put a question into it away it goes trawls the internet then gives you loads of links for what you wanted. Amazing!
Better than the normal pulling of the pud ;)

I think it's fair to assume that you don't work in sales.

Aren't we supposed to attract new members to this forum?

mikewot Apr 4th 2013 5:45 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10639507)
I think it's fair to assume that you don't work in sales.

Spot on, I don't have a customer facing role because the public and I don't see eye to eye.

And expose them to our robust expat Sense of Humour if they want to be able to cope out here ;)

Irishbeekeeper Apr 4th 2013 6:51 am

attract? you mean to tell me there might be an advert out there with mike posing shirtless on behalf of BE? wot wot!! :rofl:

Geordie1968 Apr 4th 2013 7:34 am

So nobody knows a fkn thing about the Copthorne then apart from it's dry, it's over the road from the Crowne Plaza and it's next door to the Concorde.. which is nice with good rates.

Now that's the sort of top notch, insider type low-down that you just don't get on that new fangled Google thingy. So you can jam that right up your cracker mikewot :D

mikewot Apr 4th 2013 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 10639576)
attract? you mean to tell me there might be an advert out there with mike posing shirtless on behalf of BE? wot wot!! :rofl:

Shudder! Attract not repel!

mikewot Apr 4th 2013 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Geordie1968 (Post 10639607)
So nobody knows a fkn thing about the Copthorne then apart from it's dry, it's over the road from the Crowne Plaza and it's next door to the Concorde.. which is nice with good rates.

Well the thing is we live here (ME) but not in hotels :D

Originally Posted by Geordie1968 (Post 10639607)
So you can jam that right up your cracker mikewot :D

Mummy the man's being nasty to me!!