The dog is dead

Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:23 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dog is dead

Originally Posted by Meow
What a charmer seven seas is, and confused too. He sent me karma, but with a message to ****offanddie

-
Who is anddie?

I know, i know... He truly is a saddo!
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
What a charmer seven seas is, and confused too. He sent me karma, but with a message to ****offanddie

-
really, he did the same to me, he called me a wanker...

out of order but i guess accurate..
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
really, he did the same to me, he called me a wanker...

out of order but i guess accurate..
This is the problem with no road raging and drunken pub brawls in Dubai, he has to take out his aggression on faceless people on an internet forum. I think there should be a new law passed on Dubai that once a month expats can go scream obscenities from their car windows and stumble out of a pub throwing punches without fear of landing in the slammer.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:43 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
This is the problem with no road raging and drunken pub brawls in Dubai, he has to take out his aggression on faceless people on an internet forum. I think there should be a new law passed on Dubai that once a month expats can go scream obscenities from their car windows and stumble out of a pub throwing punches without fear of landing in the slammer.
Wot, you mean we can't???
Old Nov 16th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Wow- my social skills are more such a fascinating topic to some sad people with worthless empty lives.....

Meanwhile, back in the real world:

I have a feeling all of Bangladesh is a big floodplain and no amount of stilt-house construction or temoprary dams can do much , even in the short-term.

We hear about Bangladesh because:
-the lingering effects of the media-attention caused by the visits of some pseudo-hippies after the disastrous invasion by Pakistan
-it is kinda near us
-there are millions of pepole there, many of whom die as a result of the floods. Other areas where there is coastal erosion and loss of wildlife don't get much attention. There's nobody there anyway, and certainly nobody to reoprt it. The old 'if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it..' question makes no sense in Bangladesh because there is not a single square foot of land that's emtpy.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 11:19 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Wow- my social skills are more such a fascinating topic to some sad people with worthless empty lives.....

Meanwhile, back in the real world:

I have a feeling all of Bangladesh is a big floodplain and no amount of stilt-house construction or temoprary dams can do much , even in the short-term.

We hear about Bangladesh because:
-the lingering effects of the media-attention caused by the visits of some pseudo-hippies after the disastrous invasion by Pakistan
-it is kinda near us
-there are millions of pepole there, many of whom die as a result of the floods. Other areas where there is coastal erosion and loss of wildlife don't get much attention. There's nobody there anyway, and certainly nobody to reoprt it. The old 'if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it..' question makes no sense in Bangladesh because there is not a single square foot of land that's emtpy.
1) stilt housing is a permanent solution in many parts of the world and works pretty damn well.
2)some of us are fairly geo politically aware and as such need no media buzz to keep informed
Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, really?

stilt houses in the same conditions...?

I have a feeling that bangladesh has only been a semi-permanent floodplain for the past few years. Otherwise why would have so many people settled there?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:17 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Wow, really?

stilt houses in the same conditions...?

I have a feeling that bangladesh has only been a semi-permanent floodplain for the past few years. Otherwise why would have so many people settled there?
the country now known as bangladesh lies on a floodplain delta for the ganges and bramaputra, it is the largest delta in the world and is several thousand years old although the channels have changed numerous times the entire area exists solely as a floodplain delta. this is not a new problem. As to why so many people live there the answer lies very simply in the fact of people having too many children.

as for stilt houses, yes they are quite coomon in indonesia, the phillipines, malaysia etc, in the past they were also quite common in europe, scotland had its crannogs for example

Last edited by shiva; Nov 16th 2009 at 12:19 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

so the increased birthrate, is it due to a spike in sexual apeal of the Bengali male/female?

Or improved fertility/life expectancy /live birthweights thanks to the availability fo medicine and know-how?

I still can't understand why they don't just do the same as they do in the countries you mentioned....

or what the dog has to do with it all...