Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Does the moon affect your mood?

Does the moon affect your mood?

Old Dec 12th 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does the moon affect your mood?

Is it a full moon, I was just walking the dogs and it looks like one - could explain why I've felt like crap for the last few days.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 2:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does the moon affect your mood?

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Is it a full moon, I was just walking the dogs and it looks like one - could explain why I've felt like crap for the last few days.
never really thought about it to be honest
Old Dec 12th 2008, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

dubaidolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

I am a nurse and the full moon so affects people, could tell some funny stories from my hospital days. I always have a chuckle to myself when i see it
xxx
Old Dec 12th 2008, 3:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
if you are ever back in the Toon walk up westgate road whilst there's a full moon on, serious there are some mad bastards, they ALL come out when there's a full moon on....
Old Dec 12th 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Moonirah is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting ..... ?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_mood_s...he_moon_phases

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the medical / female part, this contributes to the question ?

See the diagram.

http://www.menstruation.com.au/puber...moonmoods.html

It says .... put simply, the waxing phase, that is, from the new moon to a full moon, when the moon is getting bigger is all about the growth stage.
If we were using a the example of a plant... it is the stage between the seed to a fully grown mature plant.

The waning phase, between the full moon to a new/dark moon when the moon is getting smaller, correlates to the flowering, fruiting and dying of the plant.

Energetically or emotionally, the waxing phase is more outgoing, positive, and action orientated.

The waning phase is more reflective, quiet, it is the letting go phase.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
if you are ever back in the Toon walk up westgate road whilst there's a full moon on, serious there are some mad bastards, they ALL come out when there's a full moon on....
hahaha, sounds like camden high street, but they are out there every day...

MM, xx
Old Dec 12th 2008, 4:54 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaidolly
I am a nurse and the full moon so affects people, could tell some funny stories from my hospital days. I always have a chuckle to myself when i see it
xxx
I have friends in medicine who say the same...La luna ..lunatics

Some references (18th&19th) say the brightness of the full moon prevented people from sleeping and the sleep deprivation-in certain cases- triggered 'seizure type' episodes in epileptics and bi-polar personalities.
Think the corealation with pagan festivities and Moon Goddesses tend to support the idea that there is madness around the time of full moon.
Also folklore re werewolves and of course bloodhounds baying at the moon.
People even write about it...a la Leonard Cohen
(I agree this could be interpreted otherways ) from his song 'I'm your Man'

Yeah the moon's too bright
And the chain's too tight
And the beast won't go to sleep

I remember many years ago working in a Law Centre and the number of 'customers' who would seek advice claiming it was the full moon that
caused them to steal a car or break into someone's house etc.It was even accepted as a plea in mitigation by a JP once.We all know what the Judiciary in the UK are like- with their wigs and fancy robes probably out there baying at the Moon with the best of them.
Having said all that, personally, I'm not convinced a full moon can affect your mood though.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 5:32 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
A medically and socially proven fact..... Look at the female menstrual period, linked directly to the lunar cycle.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Stop blaming things on the moon!!!
Old Dec 12th 2008, 5:37 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

The moon will be at its closest point to the earth tonight.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
In that case, it is the best time to start the annual BE ME polls...
Old Dec 12th 2008, 5:45 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Stop blaming things on the moon!!!
I like the moon
Old Dec 12th 2008, 6:00 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
In that case, it is the best time to start the annual BE ME polls...
Agreed. Looking forward to seeing your name in the category of "Poster who looses the plot on Fridays"
Old Dec 12th 2008, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw that on BBC World

That just confirms it then, the moon is responsible for my weird mood for the past few days.

Since the moon also controls the tides and humans consist mainly of water, it would make sense that we are affected in some way.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing your name in the category of "Poster who looses the plot on Fridays"
I lose the plot 9 days a week...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.