British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Does Anyone Want a Kitten (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/does-anyone-want-kitten-614207/)

Morecambe Mindy Jun 11th 2009 5:04 am

Does Anyone Want a Kitten

I'm pretty sure my villa is bloody magnet for all things unwanted and unloved, and now a tiny black kitten has decided to loiter in the garden.

I already have 2 rescue cats, husband spotted the kitten and said no immeditely, so keeping it isn't an option. Also, I am pregnant, so really can do without a load more cat poo in to the bargain to be honest.

It looks maybe a month old at most, is very cute in a trampy sort of way and is not at all skittish.

Anyone????????? I am happy to deliver.

Or if anyone knows of anywhere I can take it where it won't get destroyed?

Thanks in advance.
:)

Spugsy Jun 11th 2009 5:57 am

Re: Does Anyone Want a Kitten

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 7654295)
I'm pretty sure my villa is bloody magnet for all things unwanted and unloved, and now a tiny black kitten has decided to loiter in the garden.

I already have 2 rescue cats, husband spotted the kitten and said no immeditely, so keeping it isn't an option. Also, I am pregnant, so really can do without a load more cat poo in to the bargain to be honest.

It looks maybe a month old at most, is very cute in a trampy sort of way and is not at all skittish.

Anyone????????? I am happy to deliver.

Or if anyone knows of anywhere I can take it where it won't get destroyed?

Thanks in advance.
:)

take a few pics if you can, then register with dubizzle and put an ad on there, I did that with my last one and I had 3 calls within an hour of putting the ad up.

lionheart Jun 11th 2009 6:03 am

Our local stray Tabby is expecting again. Last time she brought two of her dead kittens home to show us. Saw no others so I guess they all died. This time with the girls both at home for the summer, it would be nice for the cat to have them inside. Unfortunately, we cannot get her to stay. Any tips? We have set up a basket with blanket but the cat seems only interested in getting fed. We don't want to keep her indoors by force.

Spugsy Jun 11th 2009 6:29 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7654382)
Our local stray Tabby is expecting again. Last time she brought two of her dead kittens home to show us. Saw no others so I guess they all died. This time with the girls both at home for the summer, it would be nice for the cat to have them inside. Unfortunately, we cannot get her to stay. Any tips? We have set up a basket with blanket but the cat seems only interested in getting fed. We don't want to keep her indoors by force.

if you keep them inside you'll have to keep them, put a basket somewhere with shade, we had a thing we hung our washing on, erm, a clothes horse type of thing and the cats loved it under there.

lionheart Jun 11th 2009 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7654408)
if you keep them inside you'll have to keep them, put a basket somewhere with shade, we had a thing we hung our washing on, erm, a clothes horse type of thing and the cats loved it under there.

If they are inside, why the shade?

Spugsy Jun 11th 2009 6:33 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7654409)
If they are inside, why the shade?

sorry that was outside, just outside the doors, so they could come in but they preferrred to sleep in the basket in the shade outside, I think they sometimes get scared inside the house.

lionheart Jun 11th 2009 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7654413)
sorry that was outside, just outside the doors, so they could come in but they preferrred to sleep in the basket in the shade outside, I think they sometimes get scared inside the house.

Okay but I really have no control over where the cat decides to give birth. She never sits in one place for more than 10 minutes but is always sat by the garage door at 5.30pm for when I arrive home. Hopefully she will be considerate and have the kittens when we are around but last time it was probably in one of the gardens nearby .

seraphnina Jun 11th 2009 6:40 am

Unfortunately you don't. She will find somewhere quiet and dark to have them.

Spugsy Jun 11th 2009 6:43 am

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7654427)
Unfortunately you don't. She will find somewhere quiet and dark to have them.

ours had them in the basket on the front step, was horrible seeing her biting through the umbillical cord.

YUK!

seraphnina Jun 11th 2009 6:47 am

Well never seen that just seen mum cat and babies after the fact.

malak2009 Jun 30th 2009 1:25 pm

is the kitten still in need of a home? im interested:thumbup:

Blue Cat Jun 30th 2009 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by malak2009 (Post 7712194)
is the kitten still in need of a home? im interested:thumbup:

it's in Dubai though :)

Shadya Jun 30th 2009 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7712336)

...and we have five looking for a new home, currently three days old..

BethPageBlack Jun 30th 2009 2:43 pm

I don't know why my post was deleted? Those were true stories, and I thought they were on topic..Anyone that missed them can PM me for a cut n paste of it.

Roadking Jun 30th 2009 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7712336)

Post it?