British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Does anyone know this lovely family? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/does-anyone-know-lovely-family-506993/)

Shudson Jan 17th 2008 7:01 pm

Does anyone know this lovely family?

Whilst on holiday in Bali, in July 2007 we met a lovely British expat family who are living in Dubai, but unfortunately we don't have any contact details for them. I was just wondering if anybody knows them from the details I'm going to give. The parents were Penny - a nursery teacher and Robin - who works for American Express. They had 2 teenage children called James and Stephanie, who go to a private school and can speak several languages.
We would be really grateful if anybody could give us any contact details for this family as we are hoping to visit Dubai and we would love to meet up with them.
Thank you in advance,
Sarah and Tom Hudson from Chesterfield, England.

Madam Medusa Jan 18th 2008 3:10 am

Re: Does anyone know this lovely family?

nope, sorry...

MM, xx

IndieG Jan 18th 2008 4:13 am

Hi,

The number for Amex in Dubai is 00 9714 4082222 :) Try calling and asking for Robin....

Cheers

The Dean Jan 18th 2008 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Shudson (Post 5801833)
Whilst on holiday in Bali, in July 2007 we met a lovely British expat family who are living in Dubai, but unfortunately we don't have any contact details for them. I was just wondering if anybody knows them from the details I'm going to give. The parents were Penny - a nursery teacher and Robin - who works for American Express. They had 2 teenage children called James and Stephanie, who go to a private school and can speak several languages.
We would be really grateful if anybody could give us any contact details for this family as we are hoping to visit Dubai and we would love to meet up with them.
Thank you in advance,

What a nice thought - good luck in finding them.

Eva Jan 18th 2008 9:15 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5803752)
What a nice thought - good luck in finding them.

Too funny Dean.

Blue Cat Jan 18th 2008 1:26 pm

try www.expatwoman.com ;)

zamboooka Jan 18th 2008 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Shudson (Post 5801833)
Thank you in advance,

Jeez, who wouldnt wanna meet em..!
They sound like they're out of some perfect family movie thingi

Amazing Grace Jan 18th 2008 6:21 pm

....and that's bad because............

littlejimmy Jan 18th 2008 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by zamboooka (Post 5806056)
Jeez, who wouldnt wanna meet em..!
They sound like they're out of some perfect family movie thingi

Sound like a typical shallow, fake Dubai family to me. Did they bore you to death with what great cars they have and about their Villa in Arabian Ranches? Needle in a haystack springs to mind...

axlenoyl Jan 18th 2008 8:25 pm

You certainly have a chip on your shoulder little jimmy, and, after all your complaining you still went back

NorthernLad Jan 19th 2008 6:01 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 5806917)
Sound like a typical shallow, fake Dubai family to me. Did they bore you to death with what great cars they have and about their Villa in Arabian Ranches? Needle in a haystack springs to mind...

That's the Little Jimmy of old - a family live in Dubai and kids go to private school so they must be must be intolerable.

Eva Jan 19th 2008 6:22 am

Originally Posted by axlenoyl (Post 5807235)
You certainly have a chip on your shoulder little jimmy, and, after all your complaining you still went back

I've been reading his Blogs-don't think he'd waste a chip-well scoffed by now I think fluff'n all.

Confucius Jan 19th 2008 6:29 am

Originally Posted by axlenoyl (Post 5807235)

A chip???Try the whole of Burj Dubai...He moans....And i don't mean it in a sexual way...

littlejimmy Jan 19th 2008 9:15 am

Seems I struck a raw nerve with some people. Hehe. I need to add smileys to avoid confusing them.

I mean I was one of those "intolerable" people with 2 cars, the villa in Springs and the kids at DBS. How I miss it, especially when it's blowing a gale.

But then my opinion doesn't count because I'm a bit of a salad dodger. If that's not shallow, I don't know what is... ;)