Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Old Sep 16th 2013, 10:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Ha ha, a little bit. I've got a Wrangler but it is pretty much dormant over the summer and then once the winter comes its camping / 4x4ing time! Then it's ace. Agreed that its a similar situation to the Landy tho. Doing any kind of distance on road is a complete ball ache. It's loud, has poor performance and is uneconomical. It doesn't help that I fitted Recaro buckets to mine either..... not much in the way of 'give'. Very supportive when in the dunes tho.
Oh absolutely. When learning I was doing reverse hill starts off road on silly steep bits. Also, parallel parking a Wrangler with old, blotchy / dirty plastic rear and rear side windows was a great challenge.

Aced my driving test, as you can imagine.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

New Wranglers are supposed to be OK though aren't they? Funky new engine, new school auto box, still take the roof and doors off.

Seriously looking at a new Wrangler Unlimited despite saying never own a Jeep in ME again because of AC issues in the 'mander.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Oh absolutely. When learning I was doing reverse hill starts off road on silly steep bits. Also, parallel parking a Wrangler with old, blotchy / dirty plastic rear and rear side windows was a great challenge.

Aced my driving test, as you can imagine.
Also the mirrors are ******* terrible!

Originally Posted by saudiflares
New Wranglers are supposed to be OK though aren't they? Funky new engine, new school auto box, still take the roof and doors off.

Seriously looking at a new Wrangler Unlimited despite saying never own a Jeep in ME again because of AC issues in the 'mander.
Indeed, the newer version of the JK is meant to be pretty good and a big improvement on the first version of the JK. Improved interior and engine, which to be honest were the only main issues. And they're still pretty handy off road too.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Reset the fuel consumption button and drove the F150 like a local and it still returned 15.9 L per 100kms
I drive the expy like a pussy and 17.4 is the best I get.

Therefore from a green perspective, driving the F150 like a loon will save trees and small furry things etc.

Behold, I am an Eco warrier.