Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Old Aug 26th 2013, 7:25 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

I really hate the engineering of American cars, big ol' barges on couch springs with engines from the 1940s. Nice to look at if you are into that sort of muscle look but I couldn't have one as a daily driver.

The interior of (I think) a charger my friend had was some kind of tacky moulded plastic, similar in feel and quality to the wrapping of a child's toy.

What do the general public of America hate about decent responsive suspension, working brakes and being about to get 200HP out of a 2 litre engine, in a considerably lighter frame.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 7:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Dodge Charger RT - the worst piece of automobile crap currently on sale

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I really hate the engineering of American cars, big ol' barges on couch springs with engines from the 1940s. Nice to look at if you are into that sort of muscle look but I couldn't have one as a daily driver.

The interior of (I think) a charger my friend had was some kind of tacky moulded plastic, similar in feel and quality to the wrapping of a child's toy.

What do the general public of America hate about decent responsive suspension, working brakes and being about to get 200HP out of a 2 litre engine, in a considerably lighter frame.
I dunno. I bought mine because it's big with a big engine and it's something I wouldn't / couldn't have in the UK.

However, I do very much miss my A3, the interior was mega, really comfy and utterly rapid.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:15 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I dunno. I bought mine because it's big with a big engine and it's something I wouldn't / couldn't have in the UK.
Sure why not but despite the big engine its probably only producing slightly more horse power to a 2L diesel SUV in the UK

Last edited by weasel decentral; Aug 26th 2013 at 8:18 am.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sure why not but despite the big engine its probably only producing slightly more horse power to a 2L diesel SUV in the UK
torque for mid-range acceleration -- Oh, the exploder doesn't have any of that either.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:26 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Millhouse
torque for mid-range acceleration -- Oh, the exploder doesn't have any of that either.
The torque in the equivalent diesel will be much higher than the petrol engine and come in at lower (usable) part of the rev range.

Anyhow it's always puzzled me, however should I make my way to the UAE I will buy some ridiculous penis extension for myself.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The torque in the equivalent diesel will be much higher than the petrol engine and come in at lower (usable) part of the rev range.

Anyhow it's always puzzled me, however should I make my way to the UAE I will buy some ridiculous penis extension for myself.
There are very few diesels here though - the diesel is utter crap and the petrol cheap.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I can't disagree, I just wanted something big and silly. I'm not sure how far in the future it will be before I have a proper 4.0l V6 which produces some actual power...

Nope. But with the speed cameras here I can red line to compete with most other cars up to 120kmh and then sit just ahead of them
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't disagree, I just wanted something big and silly. I'm not sure how far in the future it will be before I have a proper 4.0l V6 which produces some actual power...
Fortuner, Prado or FJ?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Fortuner, Prado or FJ?
No - Ugly.
No - More common than my Exploder
No - Interior is worse and can't see ANYTHING out of it.

I wanted a Discovery until the comments on here of things going wrong non stop.

Now I've seen the new Exploder, it looks very nice, but would rather something different.

Fancy a Tahoe but the good ones are very pricey.

Then I remember I've had mine only 18 months so need to stop being a dick looking at other cars.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

No - Ugly.
No - More common than my Exploder
No - Interior is worse and can't see ANYTHING out of it.

I wanted a Discovery until the comments on here of things going wrong non stop.

Now I've seen the new Exploder, it looks very nice, but would rather something different.

Fancy a Tahoe but the good ones are very pricey.

Then I remember I've had mine only 18 months so need to stop being a dick looking at other cars.
get a Jeep - reliability massively improved now they are part of...erm...Fiat
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by saudiflares
get a Jeep - reliability massively improved now they are part of...erm...Fiat
Nah, I was taught to drive in a Wrangler (a proper one, no roof, hose it down inside kind of Wrangler) and have no desire to drive one every day.

The Grand Cherokee is nice, but I'd want the Hemi or the SRT (I think it is), but then you'd all be mourning my premature death from driving like a twat.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:24 pm