British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Document Confirmation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/document-confirmation-855854/)

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 5th 2015 6:58 am

Document Confirmation

Morning all,

Setting up a new bank account and need somebody to say that I am me and me is I.

Basically, need the standard statement written and signed on a copy of my passport. Do solicitors do this for a fee? Is anyone on here a solicitor or something with a decent level of upstanding that will be respected who wants to do me a favour?

Thanks
Scamp

Irishbeekeeper Apr 5th 2015 8:44 am

Re: Document Confirmation

Well I am not a solicitor but I wouldnt mind signing that paper, although I am not of a decent level of upstanding ;)

Meow Apr 5th 2015 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11610861)
Morning all,

Setting up a new bank account and need somebody to say that I am me and me is I.

Basically, need the standard statement written and signed on a copy of my passport. Do solicitors do this for a fee? Is anyone on here a solicitor or something with a decent level of upstanding that will be respected who wants to do me a favour?

Thanks
Scamp

You need your passport copy certified? If that's the case only a few people here can do this for a UK or offshore account.

I can help if you want to email it to me and give me a couple of days, but you'll need to arrange to collect it. I'll need to know who/what it's for as there are variations in requirements. Unlike a lawyer I won't charge you as I am actually really lovely. ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 5th 2015 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11610910)
Well I am not a solicitor but I wouldnt mind signing that paper, although I am not of a decent level of upstanding ;)

Appreciate it, but I can't put "Drinking Pool-Player" as a job title ;);) :rofl::rofl:

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11610919)
You need your passport copy certified? If that's the case only a few people here can do this for a UK or offshore account.

I can help if you want to email it to me and give me a couple of days, but you'll need to arrange to collect it. I'll need to know who/what it's for as there are variations in requirements. Unlike a lawyer I won't charge you as I am actually really lovely. ;)

Yes, for Lloyds Offshore. I've contacted a couple of legal firms and so far it's 250-300 per document, needing two, it seems a waste of money.

Wondering if my Mrs can do it as a teacher, or perhaps a different teacher at her school?

Your help would be much appreciated Meow - unless you think I can get away with using a teacher? Then it would save you the hassle.

Meow Apr 5th 2015 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11610941)
Appreciate it, but I can't put "Drinking Pool-Player" as a job title ;);) :rofl::rofl:

Yes, for Lloyds Offshore. I've contacted a couple of legal firms and so far it's 250-300 per document, needing two, it seems a waste of money.

Wondering if my Mrs can do it as a teacher, or perhaps a different teacher at her school?

Your help would be much appreciated Meow - unless you think I can get away with using a teacher? Then it would save you the hassle.

A teacher isn't on the list of approved signatories.