Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do You Really Hate Them ?

Do You Really Hate Them ?

Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Re: Do You Really Hate Them ?

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
Many posts openly display rather negative views of our hosts - Qataris, Emiraties, Saudis, Kuwaitis, Bahrainis.

Do you REALLY hate your paymasters so much ? Do you not find it difficult working for people you dislike ?
Difficult question Scot47, but the common reason is frustrations. A similar kind of attitude also exists with Some members of the ethnic communities in Briton. They chose not to work but rather live comfortably off the state social benefits and yet they keep bashing the West
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope View Post
Some of us have been fortunate enough to have had more opportunities to penetrate the local community and have found many members to be receptive when we do.
Congratulations, you've passed your test and you've now got every STD known to man (and camels and goats)

Last edited by dubaiguy2011; Mar 11th 2013 at 10:13 pm. Reason: Forgot the bestiality aspects (doh - how foolish of me)
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:52 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark View Post
Difficult question Scot47, but the common reason is frustrations. A similar kind of attitude also exists with Some members of the ethnic communities in Briton. They chose not to work but rather live comfortably off the state social benefits and yet they keep bashing the West
As do many ' white ' British people .

How much time have you actually spent in so-called 'ethnic communities '?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:57 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Red Shark.

Back to topic, I do not hate them, I actually pity them. As an educated guy I can go anywhere I want in the world and do pretty much what I want. They are stuck in a job they probably hate, cannot legally drink beer, will never have sex on a beach and have married their aunt. Keep your Ferrari I shall stick to bars and taxi's
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I found the Saudis to be actually a very diverse lot. The men all wear the thobe and the ghutra and look uniform but .......................................

Many are very welcoming and helpful. Kuwaitis less so.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britexpat76 View Post
I agree with Red Shark.

Back to topic, I do not hate them, I actually pity them. As an educated guy I can go anywhere I want in the world and do pretty much what I want. They are stuck in a job they probably hate, cannot legally drink beer, will never have sex on a beach and have married their aunt. Keep your Ferrari I shall stick to bars and taxi's
But they might also pity you on one point. You can’t bare life without alcohol, but they can
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:52 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

But they might also pity you on one point. You can’t bare life without alcohol, but they can
I can take it or leave it. I have a choice.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
As do many ' white ' British people .

How much time have you actually spent in so-called 'ethnic communities '?

I am actually considered as being from a minority ethnic group, although I am more comfortable with the title ‘ foreigner British’.

My neighbour before was white; he never lasted a month in one job, always on the doll, and so was his father, as well as his grandfather before . He goes fishing nearly every day to a near by lake.

That was not my point, I was actually drawing a parallel between the two mentalities that stem from a wrong attitude
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can take it or leave it. I have a choice.
But in your post you were assuming that every body in this world share your idea of joy in life, which is not actually true. Many people wouldn’t agree with you that drinking beer and shagging on the beach is a fanciable idea! Some time ago a friend of mine gave me a bottle of alcohol-free beer to try (knowing I am tea-total). When I tried it, it tasted like urine, I just spat it out. I took the bottle to a friend of mine who was a convert and asked him to try it and tell me if this is how beer actually tastes. He confirmed that it is the taste of beer. I realized then that nothing good I am actually missing in life
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:18 pm
Shark Fisherman

You was right about 0 alcohol beer, it is piss. If it tasted as good as the real thing everyone would drink it.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Not all of us from the "West" are on an endless hedonistic pursuit of the pleasures of fornication. adultery and drunkeness !!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:50 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

When I tried it, it tasted like urine, I just spat it out. I took the bottle to a friend of mine who was a convert and asked him to try it and tell me if this is how beer actually tastes. He confirmed that it is the taste of beer. I realized then that nothing good I am actually missing in life
That's just your personal taste. I work with a devout muslim who loves drinking alcohol-free beer.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:58 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
That's just your personal taste. I work with a devout muslim who loves drinking alcohol-free beer.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:20 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
I work with two who love drinking beer.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:22 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I work with two who love drinking beer.
There is a lot more than two in our office who love the real thing. Seeing one guy in Left Bank necking JD from a bottle sticks with me.