Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Originally Posted by JTF

Question? Is it a requirement that before posting on this forum you are required to be bitter and twisted, or do you just become that way over time? Is it the sun, heat and sand, or is the negativity inbred?
What’s so wrong that some people may have decided to buy rather than rent?
No. That'll be the requirement for the people you want to come to your meeting. That effect you describe is caused by buying property. I'm off to have a beer - before offering a JBR landlord 60k for nice view and subletting to this nice Indian village I know. Cheers!:
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I remember seeing the plans for JBR at one of this little sales office they had scattered around town years ago. I can't remember where I was, think it might have been out side Ikea when a group of tourists said they were seriously considering investing in JBR, because of it's name!!!! Yes Jumeirah Beach Residence - had some sort of brag factor. So living in a Gotham City look alike with poor build quality etc was fine, as long as they could say they lived in JBR. I still think alot of people feel there is alot of prestige to being able to say they live there. Personally I have never got it.

I agree with you Insellafen about the promenade and location, restuarants etc, but personally I think I would rather drive to that area than live in it.

Now if I get an apartment on Palm Island I will be bragging
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Now if I get an apartment on Palm Island I will be bragging
At least until it sinks beneath the waves
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
At least until it sinks beneath the waves
I will leave before that happens LH, once whiff of salt water and we will be out of there, if we go there in the first place. Hoping to bag a bargain villa
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

B Bear brought up an interesting point.

Are we going to start seeing a significant shift in the demographic make-up of the New Dubai communities as rental prices drop faster than a large oblong heavy object falling onto a yowling street cat.

As in, will we start seeing Asian service workers cobbling together to share a villa in the Springs? (as a freehold compound, it's not illegal to share villas). Will the smell of curry start wafting over into a Western family's back garden, interrupting their beloved Saturday evening bbq? Will we start seeing beat up white Yaris with Sharjah plates driving around the Springs, hunting for a villa to rent?

Methinks we could be in for some interesting "OMG, is the Springs declining?" threads on expatwoman.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:59 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ethos83
B Bear brought up an interesting point.

Are we going to start seeing a significant shift in the demographic make-up of the New Dubai communities as rental prices drop faster than a large oblong heavy object falling onto a yowling street cat.

As in, will we start seeing Asian service workers cobbling together to share a villa in the Springs? (as a freehold compound, it's not illegal to share villas). Will the smell of curry start wafting over into a Western family's back garden, interrupting their beloved Saturday evening bbq? Will we start seeing beat up white Yaris with Sharjah plates driving around the Springs, hunting for a villa to rent?

Methinks we could be in for some interesting "OMG, is the Springs declining?" threads on expatwoman.
well the Greens is turning into 'mini Bombay', it has dropped dramatically in my opinion.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:01 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

well the Greens is turning into 'mini Bombay', it has dropped dramatically in my opinion.
The indians are probably saying the same about being neighbors to Geordies....
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:06 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm... the water's running orange again in my appartment - lol!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JTF
Hi Folks, yes I originally past this on the ‘Skyscrapercity.com’ website and then cut and pasted it across to this forum. Yes, I failed to remove the reference to the photo on that site, sorry for the oversight on my part.

Question? Is it a requirement that before posting on this forum you are required to be bitter and twisted, or do you just become that way over time? Is it the sun, heat and sand, or is the negativity inbred?
I thought that there just might be one or two of you who owned property in JBR who would be interested in joining the association… clearly not.
‘Hello. Kitty’ the website that you are referring to is operated by the Salwan property management company and has nothing to do with the Association.

Folks, I have been a member of your forum for nearly 2 years, but this is only my 7th post. Why so few posts? Have you have ever wondered why it’s always the same clique of regular posters on this forum? If so, have a look back, and check out the way some of you respond to other new members posts and you will have your answer.
Anyway, your responses to my post speak volumes… I’ll now leave you to get back to your self congratulations and back slapping.

I have to say that i agree this individual. He was trying to help people who live in JBR i say keep up the fight. Those of you who mocked should be ashamed of yourselves, a well worth thread in my opinion

Last edited by pauldxb; Mar 18th 2009 at 1:32 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JTF
Hi Folks, yes I originally past this on the ‘Skyscrapercity.com’ website and then cut and pasted it across to this forum. Yes, I failed to remove the reference to the photo on that site, sorry for the oversight on my part.

I thought that there just might be one or two of you who owned property in JBR who would be interested in joining the association… clearly not.
‘Hello. Kitty’ the website that you are referring to is operated by the Salwan property management company and has nothing to do with the Association.

Folks, I have been a member of your forum for nearly 2 years, but this is only my 7th post. Why so few posts? Have you have ever wondered why it’s always the same clique of regular posters on this forum? If so, have a look back, and check out the way some of you respond to other new members posts and you will have your answer.
Anyway, your responses to my post speak volumes… I’ll now leave you to get back to your self congratulations and back slapping.
I agree with all the negative posts about JBR and property in dubai in general but I have to say also I don't understand why everyone has to have a go at the OP and basically say it serves him right for buying there.

We all know what the OP was asking....if you're not interested or it's not appropriate to anyone - why bother with rubbishing the guy.

This guy is trying to do something positive in his community. So be it I say. I don't see him asking for any pity either.

As much as i'd love to rant about the sh....it...hole that is JBR I don't think it serves the OP's needs too much does it?

Last edited by Jeeper; Mar 18th 2009 at 2:47 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I agree with all the negative posts about JBR and property in dubai in general but I have to say also I don't understand why everyone has to have a go at you and basically say it serves you right for buying there.

We all know what the OP was asking....if you're not interested or it's not appropriate to anyone - why bother with rubbishing the guy.

This guy is trying to do something positive in his community. So be it I say.

As much as i'd love to rant about the sh....it...hole that is JBR I don't think it serves the OP's needs too much does it?
yes but Jeeper I think you will find some of us are sick of hearing about their fantastic money making schemes a few years ago, now they are crumbling and they want us all to give them sympathy. Yes it is a shame but it aint my problem, and I am not normally like that. I had enough of it being stuffed in my face.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

yes but Jeeper I think you will find some of us are sick of hearing about their fantastic money making schemes a few years ago, now they are crumbling and they want us all to give them sympathy. Yes it is a shame but it aint my problem, and I am not normally like that. I had enough of it being stuffed in my face.
I'm completely with you....but this clown wasn't asking for sympathy was he?
And no - it's not your problem...or mine....But he wasn't addressing you or me...he was addressing fellow JBR owners.

I'm laughing as much as the next renter....but if my jeep breaks down and I come here asking where I can get it fixed....30 replies of "serves you right for buying a jeep" ain't much use to me.

Gee it's a long way down from this high horse..... :-)

Last edited by Jeeper; Mar 18th 2009 at 2:53 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:54 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I'm completely with you....but this clown wasn't asking for sympathy was he?
And no - it's not your problem...or mine....But he wasn't addressing you or me...he was addressing fellow JBR owners.

I'm laughing as much as the next renter....but if my jeep breaks down and I come here asking where I can get it fixed....30 replies of "serves you right for buying a jeep" ain't much use to me.

Gee it's a long way down from this high horse..... :-)
Yeh, but it would, wouldn't it?

hehehehe
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I will leave before that happens LH, once whiff of salt water and we will be out of there, if we go there in the first place. Hoping to bag a bargain villa
Palm villa : Let me know what your after
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:11 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly wasn't laying into him... if I was planning on staying in JBR a bit longer, I'd be at his meetings, owner or not. I love to help make our world a better place and can only commend those who also try to.

I wish him luck (will no sarcasm)

Saying that... there is a bit of a trend towards turning the most innocent thread into a bit of a bitchfest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.