Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:47 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you own an apartment at Jumeirah Beach Residence?

Originally Posted by Chesney Hawkes
Oh well cana beat a good bike!

BTW did you used to be AA?

Mrs H
ive never drunk...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by commander
ive never drunk...

Aye i think you know what i meant! That actually made me laugh, aye i don't think your all bad!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Aye i think you know what i meant! That actually made me laugh, aye i don't think your all bad!
and the answer was yea i guess
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Well good on you but there is still no need to slag off other peoples houses. It's obviously just about making money for you but it's not the case for everyone. I don't see whats so bad about Dubai, i like it here. We intend to be here a good few years so what is so wrong with buying. There is NO NEED for it!!! I think you should apoloygise the the OP?
If anybody hates the UAE that much then they should move back to the UK / or wherever you call home, for me home is here & im loving it..... And guess what i was an investor & overall im still

This thread is starting to turn to get silly..... if you rent well done & if you bought a house & made it into a home then congratulations......
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:36 am
banned

Originally Posted by pauldxb
If anybody hates the UAE that much then they should move back to the UK / or wherever you call home, for me home is here & im loving it..... And guess what i was an investor & overall im still

This thread is starting to turn to get silly..... if you rent well done & if you bought a house & made it into a home then congratulations......
I dont hate the UAE at all, i just see it for what it is. In time that happens to everyone i think

Good luck to those who did buy for a home. Unfortunately its the other tossers who have turned, through their greed, what could have been a really nice place to call home into an unfinished pile of sand and dust.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I dont hate the UAE at all, i just see it for what it is. In time that happens to everyone i think

Good luck to those who did buy for a home. Unfortunately its the other tossers who have turned, through their greed, what could have been a really nice place to call home into an unfinished pile of sand and dust.
the last bit i agree with
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Well our house should be finished this Dec (year late). Fingers crossed! They seem to be cracking on like so heres hoping.

It'll be home to us and i can't wait!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:04 pm
banned

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
Well our house should be finished this Dec (year late). Fingers crossed! They seem to be cracking on like so heres hoping.

It'll be home to us and i can't wait!
where is it (dare i ask)
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

where is it (dare i ask)
JV Circle.....

Oh i'm scared now! What are you going to say????
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:16 pm
banned

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
JV Circle.....

Oh i'm scared now! What are you going to say????
nothing, was just curious..
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb

Sorry Paul, i hate that phrase, if you don't like it go back home, Just because u criticize the place it doesn't mean you hate it, every country has its positives and negatives. I love the UAE, but there are days when it drives me mad, even tho i have been here a long time. Thats life. People love to moan, human nature
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:08 am
Just Joined

Knoblet is just really niceKnoblet is just really niceKnoblet is just really niceKnoblet is just really niceKnoblet is just really niceKnoblet is just really niceKnoblet is just really niceKnoblet is just really niceKnoblet is just really nice

Hey Paul I did end up hating the UAE and as you know buggered off...... to the jungle.

See you in the skies, soon I hope.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JTF
Dear All, are you an apartment owner at JBR?
If so, are you...
• Happy with the present quality and level of service that Salwan Property Management provide?
• Believe that Dubai Properties have fulfilled their obligations in respect of the facilities that they have provided to JBR owners?
• Happy to pay a service charge with has increased from AED 9.5 to AED 21.75 per square foot?
If you have answered YES to each of the above questions, the rest of this post does not apply to you.

However, if you feel that any of the following is true...
• Salwan has failed to provide a level of transparency and quality of service (eg. regular window cleaning, adequate security, access to swimming pools, cleanliness and maintenance of common areas etc...) that merits a service charge of AED 9.5 per sq. ft.
• That there has been no justification provided that would merit an increase in the service charge to AED 21.75 per sq. ft.
• That Dubai Properties have failed to provide the facilities that you believed would be provided. Facilities which they heavily touted in advertising literature as being an important part of the ‘JBR Community’ and 'Beach Resort Lifestyle'; facilities that may have influenced your decision to purchase at JBR and convinced you to hand over your hard earner cash (eg. gyms, beach park, children’s play areas etc...) Take a look at the Master Community Declaration document, Schedule A, Master Plan, and there you will see a plan of the
each park you were supposed to have access to (now a car park).
• That when you purchased your sea facing apartment in Amwaj, Rimal or Bahar, you thought that your view would be of a beach park, but now find that the extra money you paid was for a view of a stretch of tarmac for 1,000+ cars to park (see picture in post 3591 above).
• That Salwan are in breach of various sections of its own Master Community Declaration and Co-Owners Association Constitution.

So, what can you do about it? Well, on your own, probably not a lot, but by working together with other owners there is a much better chance that Salwan, Dubai Properties and Estithmaar Realty, will be forced to hear your voice.
Whether you bought at JBR as an investment, or as a place to live full time or just on holidays, it is in your interest to have someone stand up for you and make JBR the best that it can be.
The Interim JBR Residents Association was formed because of the frustration many of us felt about having no say in the decisions taken by Salwan that affected our investment/home/holiday apartment. The motivation of the Association is to get best value for our money and to improve the quality of facilities and life at JBR for all owners and tenants. The Association is also there to hold Salwan to account for their actions or lack of them.
The Association (despite there being no other forum for residents to put forward their views, is still to be formally recognized by Salwan), now needs to increase the size of its membership in all the towers of JBR. Otherwise the impression that Salwan is accountable only to its parent company, Dubai Properties, rather than those who own the apartments and pay the service charge will continue.
So please email
[email protected].
and give them your support. To register, all you have to do is provide the following…
• your Name,
• apartment number,
• apartment Block Name, and
• email contact, mobile or landline number
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

P.S. Salwan have a meeting on Thursday with RERA at which it is believed they will attempt to seek approval for their service charge increase. Tha Association really need your support. If you own an apartment at JBR, this is not the time to sit on you hands.
I thought RERA ruled that developers can't increase charges at whim? In any case always a good idea to have the association up and running. And yes, include tenants as well - strength in numbers and all......
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

i was lying. i dont own anything but a bicycle. but i still wouldnt buy a place in JBR.
Now you are lying. My brother in Nairobi owns two bicycles but I am sure you are wealthier than him.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:39 am
banned

Ok, I have a road bike and a mountain bike lol. Incidently, I have been cycling in Niarobi, around 93. Was in mombassa and then Niarobi...maybe I saw him...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.