British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Do you have computer problems? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/do-you-have-computer-problems-719025/)

paca May 31st 2011 6:58 am

Do you have computer problems?

Running slow? Doesn't work? Need a rebuild?

I wont say for free but will work for beer or coffee.

I dont have transport at the moment so will meet in marina or easily got to on the metro. If its a quick fix you buy the coffee. Need something like a re-build and we would have to work it out for you to drop off and collect. If you have wireless problems and need a home visit then would have to ask for taxi fare at least

Whats in it for me? Maybe nothing or maybe a contact or future reference.

kittycat1 May 31st 2011 6:59 am

Re: Do you have computer problems?

I need a new computer- thinking a mac- can I get one of those for a coffee?

paca May 31st 2011 7:02 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9399113)
I need a new computer- thinking a mac- can I get one of those for a coffee?

Yep, sure can, you can have red or green.... the green one still has the golden delicious sticker on, I already had a bite of the red one :D

kittycat1 May 31st 2011 7:02 am

an IT geek with a sense of humour- will wonders never cease :rofl:

Millhouse May 31st 2011 7:09 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9399122)
an IT geek with a sense of humour- will wonders never cease :rofl:

he has waited years to deliver that joke

kittycat1 May 31st 2011 7:14 am

lol Millhouse- I am sure but i am sure it will get used again and again.

I used to love the IT crowd

I am an IT geeks worst nightmare to be fair!

nottmbantam May 31st 2011 8:39 am

Originally Posted by paca (Post 9399119)
Yep, sure can, you can have red or green.... the green one still has the golden delicious sticker on, I already had a bite of the red one :D

To be pedantic, she asked for a Mac. Not an apple. Therefore the 'joke' is meaningless.

Mac ( laptops ) these days do not come in red or green, but a rather sleek brushed aluminium unibody. I know, as I have two of them.

Alternatively, a polycarbonate unibody in white.

Mogs May 31st 2011 8:56 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 9399338)
To be pedantic, she asked for a Mac. Not an apple. Therefore the 'joke' is meaningless.

Mac ( laptops ) these days do not come in red or green, but a rather sleek brushed aluminium unibody. I know, as I have two of them.

Making a joke about the need for a raincoat in Dubai wouldn't have been any funnier either,

norsk May 31st 2011 9:22 am

Originally Posted by paca (Post 9399111)
Running slow? Doesn't work? Need a rebuild?

I wont say for free but will work for beer or coffee.

I dont have transport at the moment so will meet in marina or easily got to on the metro. If its a quick fix you buy the coffee. Need something like a re-build and we would have to work it out for you to drop off and collect. If you have wireless problems and need a home visit then would have to ask for taxi fare at least

Whats in it for me? Maybe nothing or maybe a contact or future reference.

Wow you must be desperate for human contact! I used to do this kind of thing as a business I ran on the side with a mate back in the UK and my god it is painful even when you're charging 40 quid an hour...:thumbsup:

paca May 31st 2011 10:00 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 9399338)

To be even more pedantic and possible look like a looser or t.wat..... Mac is short for macintosh which is a type of apple, So my joke stands and I win the internet today

kittycat1 May 31st 2011 10:02 am

:rofl:

paca May 31st 2011 10:03 am

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 9399406)
Wow you must be desperate for human contact! I used to do this kind of thing as a business I ran on the side with a mate back in the UK and my god it is painful even when you're charging 40 quid an hour...:thumbsup:

well, more a glutton for punishment I think. Even at £80/h it was painfull

My thinking is sooner or later I will help someone with a boat and get some wakeboarding in before the heat kicks in.

kittycat1 May 31st 2011 10:05 am

paca- I actually am after a mac- preferably for free- nottmbantam could give me one of his as he has two! anyway I can trade lingerie- unworn or worn lol - no boat though

lionheart May 31st 2011 10:06 am

Originally Posted by paca (Post 9399457)
well, more a glutton for punishment I think. Even at £80/h it was painfull. My thinking is sooner or later I will help someone with a boat and get some wakeboarding in before the heat kicks in.

You don't think it's hot enough already? I've just spent two hours outside and I'm scorching.

nottmbantam Jun 1st 2011 5:43 am

Originally Posted by paca (Post 9399452)
To be even more pedantic and possible look like a looser or t.wat..... Mac is short for macintosh which is a type of apple, So my joke stands and I win the internet today

Not so fast, young 'un.

Firstly, the computers that were built by the company were actually called Apple Macintosh. Since then, the Macintosh has been dropped and the computers are built by Apple. Mac is the generic name these days to an Apple computer, but is essentially the name of the software - Mac OS. So, it isn't a type of Apple, but basically, what makes the Apple run, as they ALL run on Mac OS.

Secondly, and even more pedantically, it's spelt 'loser'. Looser indicates that something should not be as tight, or the tension need to be released.

But, you can still win the internet. As Catherine Tate said, Suis je bothered? Regardez mon visage.