Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do you get Irn Bru in KSA?

Do you get Irn Bru in KSA?

Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:38 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you get Irn Bru in KSA?

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Particularly at 9a.m. when a monumental hangover is beginning to kick in...
Indeed. I remember waking up at about noon the day after the the millennium Hogmanay at my uncle's place in Hawick (not thinking how the **** did I get here?), going downstairs and my uncle offering me a drink...
Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

The Snowman Irn Bru ad is clever mind
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:03 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Haven't seen it but I am sure we can make it like everything else.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

david999 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL @ DD.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

After Uni plus a few extra years in the city that smiles better I am a convert to Irn Bru.

Also the adverts are top drawer...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAUV4-Bzq8
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

lostinthedust is an unknown quantity at this point

It's sometimes available, but it's not always the Scottish produced product so check the label if you need the genuine thing.
Lulu is the market that most often stocks, and occasionally Tamimi though have not seen it there for a long time. Often available in Bahrain.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

up until a few years ago, scotland was one of the few places in the world where a local soft drink outsold coca cola.

I dont mind it now and again (it has my name on the can after all (Barr).!

Pretty popular all over the UK now and, strangely, Russia is a big market for it?

The chippy at dubai marina sells it as well and not too bad with fish and chips and 5 pickles!!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
The chippy at dubai marina sells it as well and not too bad with fish and chips and 5 pickles!!
Correct. Bobs used to deliver me dinner 4 nights a week and I always got a can of Irn Bru.

My old man, being a Scot, told me it really, actually, definitely, honestly was made with parts of girders.

I believed that until I was about 17.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
Correct. Bobs used to deliver me dinner 4 nights a week and I always got a can of Irn Bru.

My old man, being a Scot, told me it really, actually, definitely, honestly was made with parts of girders.

I believed that until I was about 17.
you mean it isn't? damn (im 33!)
Old Feb 24th 2013, 9:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
you mean it isn't? damn (im 33!)

I'm genuinely not joking. I told someone stone faced that it was when I was at college. It took a moment on wikipedia and a lot of people laughing at me to realise that my Dad is a joker.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

david999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Classic comments, lol.

I'm glad it may be available.
It would be easier for me to break a 'crack' habit than to stop drinking Irn Bru tho!!

David
Old Feb 24th 2013, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

I found a bottle in Lulu in Doha a couple of weeks ago....not sure if they're in Saudi as well?

My god that made me very damn happy, even though the price of a 500ml bottle was 50% more than a 2 litre bottle of coke

Best bit was it was imported from Scotland, with an Arabic sticker on it, tasted perfect, all I needed to find was some tottie scones and I might just have had a trouser accident there and then - not to be though!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jam25mack
After Uni plus a few extra years in the city that smiles better I am a convert to Irn Bru.

Also the adverts are top drawer...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAUV4-Bzq8
They're good, but these are better.....absolute belters

http://youtu.be/RmxS2DreHcU

http://youtu.be/C3DVlaqlMiI
Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imack1811
They're good, but these are better.....absolute belters

http://youtu.be/RmxS2DreHcU

http://youtu.be/C3DVlaqlMiI
Ha ha, awesome!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Do not forget that a pickled gherkin together with 330ml of Irn Bru will remove any hangover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.