Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do you believe in "the One"

Do you believe in "the One"

Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in "the One"

Oh Brains- pass me the sick bucket! (sweet though )
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Oh Brains- pass me the sick bucket! (sweet though )
agree, spewk material..
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
agree, spewk material..
it's his hormones, he's pregnant, remember...

MM, xx
Old Nov 18th 2010, 6:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in fate, and look what happened to Mr and Mrs Commander I met my husband whilst on here on holiday, I was visiting because I had been through a bad patch in UK, trouble at work and a friend who had died of cancer. I only wish she had lived to see me married, it was her one wish, to get rid of me!!!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 6:21 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

No such thing as the one, if i was to be believe in fate it means my whole life is predestined and nothing I do alters that as I am following a mapped out course

its surprising if there is the one usually despite a world population of billions we find them in our own country or town

thats not negativity by the way, I prefer the idea that anything could happen rather than an idea of destiny.

I am atheist by the way, and because of Eid no one is in work hence me posting too much today
Old Nov 18th 2010, 6:51 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

it was bizzare as we knew eachother at school age.

For me to go to work in Glasgow on a monday and get sent on a last minute emergency job to Melbourne the same day, to stop off in Singapore on the way back a few days later as my ticket allowed me a 48hr layover, to meet my now wife who had flown into Singapore that day with work.

Fate was playing a hand i think. Its played a few more hands recently also

Its the roadmap of our lives, everyone has one and they are all different
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
it was bizzare as we knew eachother at school age.

For me to go to work in Glasgow on a monday and get sent on a last minute emergency job to Melbourne the same day, to stop off in Singapore on the way back a few days later as my ticket allowed me a 48hr layover, to meet my now wife who had flown into Singapore that day with work.

Fate was playing a hand i think. Its played a few more hands recently also

Its the roadmap of our lives, everyone has one and they are all different
everything happens for a reason, you just don't know what the reason is yet. My Mother always says you can't change yesterday but you can change tomorrow.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

I believe in fate more than I believe in 'The One'. Thought I'd met the one when I first met my wife, knew at the moment she walked through the door I'd marry her. I did.....what a mistake that was!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:54 pm
Global Hobo

Norsk-also is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people are just luckier than others. I've been very lucky, but I know others who haven't..yet. Ah yes, and how 'complicated' it was to begin..really secret, meeting in the dark sort of thing too. Quite the adveture. It's fun.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:44 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Do I believe in 'the one' - emphatic no!

I think there are many people in the world who you could potentially be happy with, to varying degrees.

The story of how I met my first wife was similar to Commanders. Very much by chance. However, it was probably one of the worst things that could have happened (long story).

If this is what fate is then you can forget it!

Second wife - I went and actively sought quite systematically, with a very clear idea of what I was looking for.

Much better result
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:17 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Do I believe in 'the one' - emphatic no!

I think there are many people in the world who you could potentially be happy with, to varying degrees.

The story of how I met my first wife was similar to Commanders. Very much by chance. However, it was probably one of the worst things that could have happened (long story).

If this is what fate is then you can forget it!

Second wife - I went and actively sought quite systematically, with a very clear idea of what I was looking for.

Much better result
But that's fate in itself. Quite possibly if you had not met your first wife you wouldn't have met your second--you wouldn't have been systematic enough to find her.

We've gotta learn to be thankful for both the "good" and the "bad" things in life, coz they both offer us something to learn from.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:21 am

SugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to all

I believe in everything, peace, love and all that jazz
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

frenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nice

I believe in "the One"

"the One" for birthdays
"the One" for Christmas
"the One" for valentnes

make sure I get a present!!!!!

"the One" for Monday
"the One" for Tuesday...........etc etc etc

Old Nov 21st 2010, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to think KittyCat only ever designs Bridgette Jones style big knickers, and has a similar mentality....

Your dreamboats will endlessly morph into footnotes, my dear....
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

ha - so wrong on the design front my dear! Sex and love are two very different things