Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do people ever go for their dinners in Dubai Marina?

Do people ever go for their dinners in Dubai Marina?

Old Oct 19th 2009, 6:14 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do people ever go for their dinners in Dubai Marina?

My favourite restaurants in the Marina are Spice Empourium, Azur, Buddha Bar and Counter Culture for dinner. For breakfast it's got to be Coco's.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Where's Spice Emporium? And the other places u mention are sort of on the other side.

I too like Buddha Bar and had cracking nosh up in there the other week.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:07 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
don't forget the Yacht Club has got two too!
Went to Aqara Restuarantat the Yacht Club with 3 Aussies for a meal on Saturday night...quite expensive DHS 1,250 for four 2-course meals and 2x bottles of wine, 4x coffee and 2x Drambuies. But a very good time...
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh i'm sorry, but the johnny rockets there is filth...it's not good at the best of times, but even my kids won't eat at that one, lol...

think the big problem for all of those restaurants is that they aren't licensed...as i understand it, they were told that they would be, but then once they had set up, it didn't happen...don't know whether that is true or not, mind...

MM, xx
agreed, it's pure muck, they are appalling bad burgers.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:45 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
You will be telling me to avoid Fuddrockers next! Burgers at Meat Co are excellent (although I think that Meat Co is crap in general)
I love the meat company, I think it's ace.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

hahaha...i've never been there...

MM, xx
oh and the alamo is opened again and it not a Sho Jos thank fûck, its been done out quite well to be honest, althoguh you have a whole barrel of heineken connected to your table and you can pull your own pints,

which is a bit odd.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
Where's Spice Emporium? And the other places u mention are sort of on the other side.

I too like Buddha Bar and had cracking nosh up in there the other week.
Spice Emporium is at the Westin so it'll require a short taxi journey, I had the best thai short rib beef curry there. They also have a lovely selection of wine.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:38 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
No. The Walk is the original part of the Marina.

I heard the same thing about licencing that MM did.

Despite some posters thinking that are super cool by living in The Marina, I am not convinced that it is entirely a success. Empty restaurants is not a good sign, nor is the fact that at least 40% of all apartments are empty. Too many people have bought into the high rise hype.

-
Meow, I have to disagree, although the difference is borderline pedantic: "Marina Walk" is the original part of the Marina (with Spinney's et al) and "The Walk" is the whole beach-side stretch of JBR.

It's like "The Address" in Bur Dubai or wherever has now got a contender: "The Address" is also in the Marina!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spugsy
oh and the alamo is opened again and it not a Sho Jos thank fûck, its been done out quite well to be honest, althoguh you have a whole barrel of heineken connected to your table and you can pull your own pints,

which is a bit odd.
Whilst they have upped the decor at "Loca", formerly the Alamo etc the prices have also rocketed! 17 for a glass of diet coke and 41 for a glass of white wine!!! Also much reduced menu (choice not price!)
Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Whilst they have upped the decor at "Loca", formerly the Alamo etc the prices have also rocketed! 17 for a glass of diet coke and 41 for a glass of white wine!!! Also much reduced menu (choice not price!)
the food used to be abysmal mind you, I haven't tried it yet - and aye it was always expensive in there anyway.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Tha Alamo that was formerly El Paso?

-
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

which is a bit odd.
hmmm...reckon i'll still give it a miss, lol...

MM, xx
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Meow
Tha Alamo that was formerly El Paso?

-
aye thats the bunny, my local, about 45 steps from my office door...
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

hmmm...reckon i'll still give it a miss, lol...

MM, xx
aye it's probably not posh enough for you like pet...
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

aye thats the bunny, my local, about 45 steps from my office door...
Is it still sleezy? Used to be hooker central although they used to have various look-alike acts on. I sang a duet with Meat Loaf several years ago!

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.