British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Do men... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/do-men-612526/)

MataHari Jun 2nd 2009 10:25 am

Do men...

at the end of the day, if they are really honest, prefer a subservient, stay at home type wife, who brings him his slippers, newspaper and pre-dinner drink without complaining...
Or are they more happy with a woman who has her own mind, speaks up when things bother her and makes them get their own drinks...

lionheart Jun 2nd 2009 10:27 am

Re: Do men...

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7625860)
at the end of the day, if they are really honest, prefer a subservient, stay at home type wife, who brings him his slippers, newspaper and pre-dinner drink without complaining...
Or are they more happy with a woman who has her own mind, speaks up when things bother her and makes them get their own drinks...

Are you serious?

Alexa Jun 2nd 2009 10:29 am

It may depend on culture etc.....but generally, I think it would be a mix of the two,with emphasis on the first part of your post. ;)

MataHari Jun 2nd 2009 10:31 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7625872)
Are you serious?

as always...

Meow Jun 2nd 2009 10:31 am

Are all men are exactly the same?

Some are insecure enough to want the former. Others have a brain.

-

Cow Pie Jun 2nd 2009 10:32 am

A feistier, more intelligent woman is far better than a doormat. Provided the drinks, bothering was two way traffic I see no problem - get your own G&T missus...

moto111 Jun 2nd 2009 10:35 am

I like this question MH:) will get back to you with an answer

AnotherWorld Jun 2nd 2009 10:36 am

Mine is more of the former.
Sometimes I wish she was more of the latter but Im pretty satisfied. More than I've been with any other woman in the past.

Madam Medusa Jun 2nd 2009 10:40 am

depends on the man, and the woman, and the stage they are in life i think...can seem like a great idea marrying the outspoken party girl, but it could for some, i guess, get tiresome after a few years, lol and then they'd probably rather have a "siamese-twin type wifey"..

MM, xx

lionheart Jun 2nd 2009 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7625892)
Are all men are exactly the same?

Some are insecure enough to want the former. Others have a brain.

-

Nothing to do with insecurity...more a simple case of male laziness.

Spugsy Jun 2nd 2009 10:42 am

I'd hate to have a wife who always did as I say, mine is a right feisty little minx, she challenges me in life and at home and keeps me on my toes, she makes sure I never take her for granted and keeps me happy as ****.

lionheart Jun 2nd 2009 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7625938)
I'd hate to have a wife who always did as I say, mine is a right feisty little minx, she challenges me in life and at home and keeps me on my toes, she makes sure I never take her for granted and keeps me happy as ****.

I once had a wife like that but she ran off with a night club owner so now I prefer the other type...less stressful, especially with kids to support. Each to his own.

Meow Jun 2nd 2009 11:20 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7626100)
I once had a wife like that but she ran off with a night club owner so now I prefer the other type...less stressful, especially with kids to support. Each to his own.

Maybe she left you because you are as miserable as sin?

-

glynster Jun 2nd 2009 11:27 am

For me it depends on the fathers wealth and if she is an only child :rofl: Well I dont earn enough!!!:thumbup:
Maybe thats why I am still searching and today is my 39th birthday!!!:eek:

Sandboy Jun 2nd 2009 11:28 am

depends which has the biggest tits ;)