Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do the hotels in Dubai Maria do a Full English?

Do the hotels in Dubai Maria do a Full English?

Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:06 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do the hotels in Dubai Maria do a Full English?

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, so is the one at al qasr cos you can sit round the pool, it's lovely...i reckon they are all be pretty good to be honest...

MM, xx
sitting round the pool with sausage fat dripping down your chin, I can see you now pet....
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:06 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
Bur Dubai's meant to be disgusting isnt it?

Sorry to anyone who lives there, its just what I've heard
Bur Dubai is the real Dubai I guess, bust, hustling, indians, phillipinos, loads of shops and takeaways and that.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

But I heard it was Dubai Marina that was supposed to be a horrible concrete mess...no offence intended. Bur Dubai, Karama and Satwa have more charm than most places in Dubai I could mention.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Bur Dubai is the real Dubai I guess, bust, hustling, indians, phillipinos, loads of shops and takeaways and that.
I love the "vibe" of old dubai, much better then all the mowed lawns of all the expat areas
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:53 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
But I heard it was Dubai Marina that was supposed to be a horrible concrete mess...no offence intended. Bur Dubai, Karama and Satwa have more charm than most places in Dubai I could mention.
You're right. The souks there are much more genuine than the sanitised, safe, disneyfied surrounds of the Madinat Souk.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Euc-
I love the "vibe" of old dubai, much better then all the mowed lawns of all the expat areas

I think Marina's nice, shame there's no bars which would give a bit more hustle and bustle which it does lack

I know what you mean about expat mowed lawns. A friend of mine lives in Jumeriah Islands, great house and all that, but I wouldnt live there. Absolutely zero charm
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

I think Marina's nice, shame there's no bars which would give a bit more hustle and bustle which it does lack

I know what you mean about expat mowed lawns. A friend of mine lives in Jumeriah Islands, great house and all that, but I wouldnt live there. Absolutely zero charm

sorry, I meant Villa not house
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

but when you were apartment hunting did you look anywhere else other than concrete Dubai?
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but when you were apartment hunting did you look anywhere else other than concrete Dubai?

well, everyone I spoke to said Dubai Marina.

I posted here too Dubai Marina v JBR, and everyone here said Dubai Marina an' all.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

well, everyone I spoke to said Dubai Marina.

I posted here too Dubai Marina v JBR, and everyone here said Dubai Marina an' all.
I know, but there is more to Dubai that the Marina and JBR
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I know, but there is more to Dubai that the Marina and JBR
OK, excluding Mirdif and Al Barsha - as I had friends that lived there and didnt like it - where else?

I did hear Old Town is fast becoming the place to be.

TM - LB
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

OK, excluding Mirdif and Al Barsha - as I had friends that lived there and didnt like it - where else?

I did hear Old Town is fast becoming the place to be.

TM - LB
old town is great...there is so much there now, and it's near enough to everywhere else, i'd defo choose to live there if i was looking for an apartment...rents are coming down there too...

MM, xx
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:30 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
old town is great...there is so much there now, and it's near enough to everywhere else, i'd defo choose to live there if i was looking for an apartment...rents are coming down there too...

MM, xx
I like the Al Murooj Rotana development as well, good location too
Old Jul 12th 2009, 8:40 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you should leave New Dubai for once and actually see the rest of the city? The older areas have lots of offer and plenty of character. Hardly fair to call them 'disgusting' if you haven't been there.

I have little time for the plastic expats who want to live in a concrete bubble in The Marina/Springs/etc and think they are being daring by eating a shwarma.

-
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow
Perhaps you should leave New Dubai for once and actually see the rest of the city? The older areas have lots of offer and plenty of character. Hardly fair to call them 'disgusting' if you haven't been there.

I have little time for the plastic expats who want to live in a concrete bubble in The Marina/Springs/etc and think they are being daring by eating a shwarma.

-

So everyone who lives in Marina is a plastic expat?

Getting back to OP. Yesterday at Jumeriah Beach Hotel was outstanding.

Thanks to the expat (plastic or otherwise) who suggested this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.