DJ

Old May 28th 2015, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute
Default DJ

Is there seriously a DJ in Dubai called John Dickweed?!?!
Old May 29th 2015, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DJ

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Is there seriously a DJ in Dubai called John Dickweed?!?!
Yes. He was also quite famous in the UK with the same name for a long time.
Old May 29th 2015, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Yes. He was also quite famous in the UK with the same name for a long time.
Can't say I've ever heard of him either here or the UK. His name did make me chuckle tho, simple things and all
Old May 29th 2015, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute

John Digweed is a popular DJ in the UK.

DJ! DJ! D - D - D - D - DJ!

Who's that gigolo on the street
With his hands in his pockets and his crocodile feet
Hanging off the curb, looking all disturbed
At the boys from home. They all came running
They were making noise, manhandling toys
That's the girls on the block with the nasty curls
Wearing padded bras sucking beers through straws
Dropping down their drawers, where did you get yours?

Simple things and all
Old May 29th 2015, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gobobo
John Digweed is a popular DJ in the UK.

DJ! DJ! D - D - D - D - DJ!

Who's that gigolo on the street
With his hands in his pockets and his crocodile feet
Hanging off the curb, looking all disturbed
At the boys from home. They all came running
They were making noise, manhandling toys
That's the girls on the block with the nasty curls
Wearing padded bras sucking beers through straws
Dropping down their drawers, where did you get yours?

Simple things and all
Thanks for the little rap there, can't say I'm down with the kids
My hearing must be playing up along with my DJ knowledge
Old May 29th 2015, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute

Released in 1978, God I feel old
Old May 29th 2015, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buffalo Stance

Haha I wasn't even a twinkle then!
Old May 29th 2015, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Haha I wasn't even a twinkle then!
I was still in short trousers, but had a huge crush on her - a Swedish rapper with a Swedish, artist mother and engineer father from Sierra Leone whose father was a tribal chief there, but later her mum remarried to an American jazz musician, Don Cherry. The rest is filled with music, art, and music in England transitioning from the 70s to 80s and 90s.

Buffalo Stance was groundbreaking for a female rapper, has some lyrics that try too hard but was hugely popular, the song has been repeated for years. Like Eminem she was revolutionary in rap or Hip Hop, brought the music mainstream. She decided to pursue other challenges, such as bringing up her children. Good for her, she should do what she wants, but I'd have really enjoyed watching her progress as an artist.
Old May 29th 2015, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bearing in mind, 'Staying Alive' was #1 in '78, and Hip-Hop wasn't. Even Run DMC was an 80's group, House of Pain was 90's, Salt-N-Pepa rode on the waves of Buffalo Stance in the 80's, De La Soul were late 80's and 90's, as were LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, Ice T and N.W.A.

Here's a late 80's band:

Old May 29th 2015, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

If she'd only carried on! Rap and Hip Hop could've taken a very different route.
Old May 29th 2015, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

And for those who aren't limited by what we should believe in, maybe agnostic or atheist or just don't buy in to the crapola we're force-fed, every day:

Old May 31st 2015, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Eh? Buffalo Stance was released in 1988, not 1978.
Old May 31st 2015, 8:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

House of Pain, De La Soul, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, Ice T and N.W.A.
You've literally just read my iTunes list haven't you?
Old May 31st 2015, 8:23 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Dunno why but US3 - Cantaloop came into my head reading the above list...

Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special down here at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records......
Old May 31st 2015, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
Eh? Buffalo Stance was released in 1988, not 1978.
Thanks! I don't feel so old now, although it does kind of negate my gushing description of the lovely Ms Cherry.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Heh, good music is good music

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.