Diwali in Bur Dubai

Old Oct 31st 2016, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Diwali in Bur Dubai

Any of you expats from the Arabian Ranches or Marina ghettos ever make it down to Bur Dubai for Diwali?

Was there last night for a few hours, walking around the area between BurJuman and Fahidi, especially the Golden/Silver Sands blocks. The lights were tackier than an American Christmas in Vegas A few hours of non-stop fireworks and firecrackers. One of the best evenings I've had in a while.

Must say I was gobsmacked at how casual the firecracker usage was - parents letting little kids run around with sparklers and throwing firecrackers. Kept waiting for the sound of an ambulance in the distance.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diwali in Bur Dubai

In our compound in the Greens some idiot set off firework that sounded like a bomb. Lots of shouting and arguing followed. Think a few down there would have needed their Saris dry cleaned today.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 6:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Saw some blokes with what looked like a couple of flare guns down near our building. Looked like awesome fun.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Any of you expats from the Arabian Ranches or Marina ghettos ever make it down to Bur Dubai for Diwali?

Was there last night for a few hours, walking around the area between BurJuman and Fahidi, especially the Golden/Silver Sands blocks. The lights were tackier than an American Christmas in Vegas A few hours of non-stop fireworks and firecrackers. One of the best evenings I've had in a while.

Must say I was gobsmacked at how casual the firecracker usage was - parents letting little kids run around with sparklers and throwing firecrackers. Kept waiting for the sound of an ambulance in the distance.
You'll find that the men from the suburbs only go to Bur Dubai when the wives are away in the summer to play "Lads on Tour" .

It's always been decked out like that , especially around the Golden Sands area and in towards the large Spinneys .
Old Oct 31st 2016, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

There's still the odd firework going off tonight too. I'm not too far from the Golden Sands area... I live behind the Sea View, there's also lots of tacky lights around here - I like it.