Dives of Dubai

Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Greying fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dives of Dubai

Couldn't agree more. Can we have a list of bars that Dubai wakners go to so we can avoid? I have my own but then I'm prejudiced.

Can I start with Scarlets and Long's Bar?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Boudoir for lebo's

Although I have to admit that I actually quite liked it, a few years ago
Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Im afraid it's gay night most nights in there.......'Dubai's underground gay scene'
Must admit it is probably 5 years since I have been there. Plus it is a long way from Jebel Ali!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:12 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm....

Most of the really awful ones have been mentioned....

Jockies at Panorama; Yorks; Barnasti; The Underground (unless you like a pub full of scousers!!); Boudoir...

I now seldom drink anywhere else other than JA club, for my sins. Cheap pints, good craic and not a hooker in sight.

It has been a while since I have been out and about in DXB, so would be more than willing to join up with the scouting party....
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

Ive got to say ive been to a whole host of dives in abu dhabi and dubai, smelly, sticky, sea of hoors, the usual... theres one in abu dhabi in particular called "The Trap"... lives up to its name believe me... but never have i found any bar either abu dhabi or dubai to be dodgy... always feel relativley safe. It may be due to walking into some bars in scotland and immediatley feeling the eyes staring at you that seem to be saying "if u like your blood inside your body turn around and leave" but generally apart from the dirt grime and shit beer these bars all tend to feel pretty safe. Maybe its the dubai bubble syndrome, dunno... Honestly one of the best ive been to in dubai (for a few quiet pints and fairly decent food has been in the peninsula hotel at the bus station. Well be the only two white people in this indian restaurant/ bar everytime and the staff always remeber u, treat u good (occassionally free food too) and the beers good and dirt cheap.... the places thsat look like shitholes sometimes tend to turn out a lot better than you had expected...
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:22 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Surprised the York Club hasn't picked up a vote, good or bad! Or Jules Bar in Deira. Avoid Thursdays as that seems to be gay night!!
Since when has Le Meridien Airport Hotel moved to Deira? Its always been at Al Garhoud, my friend...next to Dubliners, another expat hole.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
Since when has Le Meridien Airport Hotel moved to Deira? Its always been at Al Garhoud, my friend...next to Dubliners, another expat hole.
Garhoud... Deira... Same side of the creek. What difference does it make?
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Garhoud... Deira... Same side of the creek. What difference does it make?
Do you happen to live in The Marina?
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Naw, darling.

Greens.

If it makes you feel better I'm in one of the posher Emaar towers overlooking the golf course, so I'm a spiritual kin of the Marina.

I did spend two and a half years in an Umm Suqeim villa share so we were probably close neighours without realising it.

Originally Posted by Meow
Do you happen to live in The Marina?

Last edited by Ethos83; Aug 29th 2010 at 6:41 am.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 7:23 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Naw, darling.

Greens.
Greens...Al Quoz...same side of The Creek and same side of SZR so no difference.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:06 am
Account Closed

Once heard a broad claim she couldn't live anywhere west of Sheikh Zayed.

Originally Posted by lionheart
Greens...Al Quoz...same side of The Creek and same side of SZR so no difference.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Once heard a broad claim she couldn't live anywhere west of Sheikh Zayed.
er, surely u mean east?
Old Aug 29th 2010, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
er, surely u mean east?
no. she liked motorcity.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
no. she liked motorcity.
al quoz industrial is also up and coming
Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Yes. Meant east. My bad.

Originally Posted by expat.brat
al quoz industrial is also up and coming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.