Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Dismal State Of The UK As Seen On BBC1's Traffic Cops

The Dismal State Of The UK As Seen On BBC1's Traffic Cops

Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Dismal State Of The UK As Seen On BBC1's Traffic Cops

[QUOTE=Sky Blue;7183138]
Immigration System - So have influx of Irish, Indian, West Indian population that came over in the 50/60's not been rewarded?

Rewarded? I am interested to know what you mean by that...
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:55 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
if you want english independance then please feel free to go for it, there are an increasing number of us who would be more than happy to support you
I would never support English independence. Division would reduce England, Scotland and Wales to provincial backwaters of the EU. There are no logical grounds for division when all that is needed is a full review of the current Union and a move towards balance and fairness.

I currently support the fair distribution of revenue to benefit ALL the people in the Union though.

When you say an increasing number of "us" who would be more than happy to support you what do you mean? Who is "us"? and who is "you"? Where are you from?

N.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=annacarna;7183158]
Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Immigration System - So have influx of Irish, Indian, West Indian population that came over in the 50/60's not been rewarded?

Rewarded? I am interested to know what you mean by that...
"We have economic apartheid and we have an unelected head of state. We also have an immigration system that does not reward hard work and full cultural integration."
I was using Norms statement and making broad themes, my point was that I think that the system has and can reward people who work hard, not in 5 minutes but over time I think that there has been a mutual economic benefit and many other benefits to migration for those specific groups and many others, also it isnt perfect and many others have had a bad time, for a variety of reasons...
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Sky Blue;7183181]
Originally Posted by annacarna

"We have economic apartheid and we have an unelected head of state. We also have an immigration system that does not reward hard work and full cultural integration."
I was using Norms statement and making broad themes, my point was that I think that the system has and can reward people who work hard, not in 5 minutes but over time I think that there has been a mutual economic benefit and many other benefits to migration for those specific groups and many others, also it isnt perfect and many others have had a bad time, for a variety of reasons...
Um i would tend to disagree with you SB, people who came over in the 50/60's and worked bloody hard are now retired and struggling in the UK with the pathetic pension they get. Is that a reward for their hard work! Many Irish went back to Eire for their retirement, as the Irish Pension and benefits is the same as the Scottish system. but the Indians/West Indians who stayed in the UK are finding it very tough to survive on their pension alone.

Does this inspire people to work hard in the UK?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:09 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I take it you've never heard of the Barnett Formula?

1.25 million pensioners in England and Wales say they cannot afford heating bills during the winter while in Scotland pensioners can apply for home improvement grants to install central heating systems and double-glazing for free.

Scottish pensioners can get free care to help those over 65 with feeding, dressing and washing. They can also get free eye and dental check ups. They get free bus and coach travel anywhere in Scotland and access to a wider range of cancer treating drugs than their cousins south of the border. Most don't pay for parking fees when they visit the hospital either.
Nothing to do with Barnett consequentials...the Scots spend their block grant in the manner they see fit. Same can be done with the English block grant, which is huge.

Scottish MPs (almost all left of centre) look after the people first. English voters should elect left of centre MPs that would do the same...unfortunately many vote conservative...so social-minded programs for looking after the sick and pensioners south of the border are unlikely to happen anytime soon.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MacScot
Nothing to do with Barnett consequentials...the Scots spend their block grant in the manner they see fit. Same can be done with the English block grant, which is huge.

Scottish MPs (almost all left of centre) look after the people first. English voters should elect left of centre MPs that would do the same...unfortunately many vote conservative...so social-minded programs for looking after the sick and pensioners south of the border are unlikely to happen anytime soon.
Its a bloody disgrace that pensioners are treated the way they are in the UK, shocking!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=annacarna;7183199]

Um i would tend to disagree with you SB, people who came over in the 50/60's and worked bloody hard are now retired and struggling in the UK with the pathetic pension they get. Is that a reward for their hard work! Many Irish went back to Eire for their retirement, as the Irish Pension and benefits is the same as the Scottish system. but the Indians/West Indians who stayed in the UK are finding it very tough to survive on their pension alone.

Well then they are doing as well as the rest of the people who worked hard in the country then, its all relative, isnt it! There are opportunities for people, one shouldn't forget we still have a class system in the UK and there are millions of people who will struggle as the powers that be and the population forget about them.

At least those nice Irish and Scottish have left some more extra pension fund to subsidise our poor nation for a wee while longer
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=annacarna;7183199]

It's also Capitalism as well Anna, work really hard and you shall be rewarded?? Thats the dream isnt it?????
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Sky Blue;7183255]
Originally Posted by annacarna

It's also Capitalism as well Anna, work really hard and you shall be rewarded?? Thats the dream isnt it?????
Shame that its just a dream chuck!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:31 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Why does this happen then? Why do we get this 'subsidy'?

**** it must be shit being english, no wonder you have a chip on your shoulder
I think the whole system is corrupt and needs to be rebooted or the whole country will go down the drain of separatist movements which will simply reduce our influence and respectability around the world, not to mention reduce our national security and economic prosperity.

As long as we have a system that celebrates past injustice and robs from peter to paul we'll never have a political system that represents all the folk from the Isles fairly.

N.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=annacarna;7183280]

Shame that its just a dream chuck!
and don't get me started on inheritance tax. Absolute joke in the UK!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:49 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I would never support English independence. Division would reduce England, Scotland and Wales to provincial backwaters of the EU. There are no logical grounds for division when all that is needed is a full review of the current Union and a move towards balance and fairness.

I currently support the fair distribution of revenue to benefit ALL the people in the Union though.

When you say an increasing number of "us" who would be more than happy to support you what do you mean? Who is "us"? and who is "you"? Where are you from?

N.
scots, a scot, scotland
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:49 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I think the whole system is corrupt and needs to be rebooted or the whole country will go down the drain of separatist movements which will simply reduce our influence and respectability around the world, not to mention reduce our national security and economic prosperity.

As long as we have a system that celebrates past injustice and robs from peter to paul we'll never have a political system that represents all the folk from the Isles fairly.

N.
Perhaps it might be better to get rid of the surly lodger and end up with a good neighbour instead...UK R.I.P.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bison
I watched the latest episode of Traffic cops yesterday, they were up north in Hull and it just pissed me off that the whole program featured foreign f**kers breaking our laws, causing chaos and f**king up our country.

Now when I say breaking laws, I am not talking about the odd "speeding" offence, the program was following the Armed response unit and featured a couple of russians that decided to have a fight in the street with knives, some other Italian guy who was parked on a Pelican Crossing, when questioned by police told about 70 lies, said he had an Italian licence to try and get out of having points etc etc, the whole country is f**ked!

When are the British Public going to wake up and reclaim their bloody land!
Light the touch paper and stand back is a term that springs to mind.
What a wind up merchant you are
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by shiva
scots, a scot, scotland
So you think Scotland would be better off having to rely on the tax revenue of a few million people and dwindling North Sea Oil and Gas reserves do you?

I can't see the free bus passes lasting very long if that happens can you? They would be at least 3-4 billion quid a year worse off...

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.