Discovery Gardens

Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:32 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Discovery Gardens

Ok we need somewhere cheapish to live, just found this great place at Discovery Gardens, 1 bed place, 100k sq ft, brand new, AED 60k with 12 cheques and then 13th month free - thats half what we're paying now, went to Ibn Butta mall which is 5 mins away and that was ok.

It seems great to be honest, quite quiet and near the marina (ish),

so....any bad points about living there?

Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discovery Gardens

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Ok we need somewhere cheapish to live, just found this great place at Discovery Gardens, 1 bed place, 100k sq ft, brand new, AED 60k with 12 cheques and then 13th month free - thats half what we're paying now, went to Ibn Butta mall which is 5 mins away and that was ok.

It seems great to be honest, quite quiet and near the marina (ish),

it's quite a way out of town further from your office than Mirdif, it can be a nightmare to get out of during term time, but the road systems are getting better. Mrs Spugsy will be spend a fortune on salik, apart from that it is a nice enough area 60k is well cheap!!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's quite a way out of town further from your office than Mirdif, it can be a nightmare to get out of during term time, but the road systems are getting better. Mrs Spugsy will be spend a fortune on salik, apart from that it is a nice enough area 60k is well cheap!!
it seems spot on to me, I'm closer to the marina, some lads I work with live there.

Think we'll go for it.

Oh aye, and a ground floor so Santi can go out from time to time.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it seems spot on to me, I'm closer to the marina, some lads I work with live there.

Think we'll go for it.

Oh aye, and a ground floor so Santi can go out from time to time.
that is one thing I do like about Disco Gardens is the landscaping, it looks really nice
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

I would make a few inquries about this issue with your landlord and make sure they do not try and pass on such costs to you ?!

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....707179811/1041
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:53 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Foxes
I would make a few inquries about this issue with your landlord and make sure they do not try and pass on such costs to you ?!

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....707179811/1041
yeah we looked into hidden fees, but these seem for homeowners, we're renting.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Razzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really nice

yeah we looked into hidden fees, but these seem for homeowners, we're renting.
If you didnt already ask - I recommend that you check about the charging for consumption of Chilled Water for the A/C. I believe that there are no individual meters and thats why the service charges to owners looks so horrendous. The rent sounds fab if your landlord is paying for the chilled water. If you have to pay it, you might just get an apportioned bill which is clearly unfair as you have no control over these costs.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:49 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Razzy
If you didnt already ask - I recommend that you check about the charging for consumption of Chilled Water for the A/C. I believe that there are no individual meters and thats why the service charges to owners looks so horrendous. The rent sounds fab if your landlord is paying for the chilled water. If you have to pay it, you might just get an apportioned bill which is clearly unfair as you have no control over these costs.
hmmmm this is the one thing, apparently you don't pay, but it does say in the contract they can start charging you at any time, he reckons as its the government they won't charge - I'll speak to him more this afternoon.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Are Discovery Gardens the 3-4 storey blocks in walking distance of Ibn Battuta Mall or those pink tower blocks further away? The Metro should be useful for you when it opens. Why not go for something bigger?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lionheart
Are Discovery Gardens the 3-4 storey blocks in walking distance of Ibn Battuta Mall or those pink tower blocks further away? The Metro should be useful for you when it opens. Why not go for something bigger?
thats them (not the pink ones).
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

thats them (not the pink ones).
Very nice but personally I would go for a 2-bed version so you can accommodate guests. One word of caution. Get yourself House Contents Insurance with a Tenants Liability section as Nakheel (the owners) are bastards when it comes to fire damage. I dealt with a fire there and the poor tenant got stuck with a AED75,000 bill for structural damage because the Civil Defence said it was his lamp which was faulty. He had insurance for his contents (barely enough) but had not requested Tenants Liability cover so AXA refused to pay for the structural damage. Nakheel wouldn't let him back into the apartment until he had paid for everything and they didn't offer him alternative housing while his place was being repaired.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

Spugsy, interested in your Disco Gardens adventure! I'm also looking for a "cheaper" option this side of town - can you advise a contact number to set up a viewing appointment?
Thanks.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:57 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sessou
Spugsy, interested in your Disco Gardens adventure! I'm also looking for a "cheaper" option this side of town - can you advise a contact number to set up a viewing appointment?
Thanks.
speak to Neal at colliers 040 335 8676 or mob: 050 811 4805
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

grapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nice

found this great place at Discovery Gardens, 1 bed place, 100k sq ft,
You meant 1k sq ft (or 1000 sq ft)? Still good for 1 brm but will be disappointing if you really were expecting 100,000 sq ft .

No undercover carparks, no water in the swimming pools. Or have they sorted that out now?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by grapefruit
You meant 1k sq ft (or 1000 sq ft)? Still good for 1 brm but will be disappointing if you really were expecting 100,000 sq ft .

No undercover carparks, no water in the swimming pools. Or have they sorted that out now?
pools almost finished, we shall see though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.