Is this disconcerting?

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is this disconcerting?

Doha, Nineteen Eighty - mumble....Is this disconcerting?-img037.jpg
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice
Default Re: Is this disconcerting?

Huh?
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britmal
Huh?
What puzzles you? A street lamp and a Locheed Tristar~?
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

Nothing wrong with that, it's just the angle the pic was taken from.

Probably taken just at the start of the runway.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nothing wrong with that, it's just the angle the pic was taken from.

Probably taken just at the start of the runway.
And when was the last time you could get that close to a landing aircraft?
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

The lamp post is not that close to the aircraft.

In fact I think this pic was taken at the junction of the Al-Wakra road and the road that leads to the Marriot hotel.

It's right at the start of the runway, driven past it many times.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The lamp post is not that close to the aircraft.

In fact I think this pic was taken at the junction of the Al-Wakra road and the road that leads to the Marriot hotel.

It's right at the start of the runway, driven past it many times.
Well, when the photo was taken, it was on the road to Umm Said ( that long ago - well before Messaied, or what ever they call it this week)
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Al-Wakra is the small town you go through on the way from Doha to Messiaeed.

Um-Said = Messiaeed, it's one and the same place.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Al-Wakra is the small town you go through on the way from Doha to Messiaeed.

Um-Said = Messiaeed, it's one and the same place.
If you're old enough, there was a splendidly named darts team who were the Wakrah Anchors....

( Yeah, I know, I'm the ghost of christmas past!)
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When was the last time you got this close to Clock Square?
(This photo was taken in 1982...)http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1348417265
Attached Thumbnails Is this disconcerting?-img038.jpg  
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 6:41 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
And when was the last time you could get that close to a landing aircraft?

Skip to 29 seconds

Or taking off... also known as surfing the fence.

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:01 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit. I've just gone on a youtube trail ending up with the first Space Shuttle launch in April 1981...
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Dammit. I've just gone on a youtube trail ending up with the first Space Shuttle launch in April 1981...
Oh, you bastard! I remember watching that on TV! It was somewhere about lunchtime GMT. Umm, come to think of it, what I remember is it landing.

Last edited by OleJanx; Sep 23rd 2012 at 8:30 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:52 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Oh, you bastard! I remember watching that on TV! It was somewhere about lunchtime GMT. Umm, come to think of it, what I remember is it landing.
I watched it at my Uncle's house in South Humberside (as it was known then). I was completely awestruck.

Top of my bucket list is going to Cape Canaveral.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I watched it at my Uncle's house in South Humberside (as it was known then). I was completely awestruck.

Top of my bucket list is going to Cape Canaveral.
The happy days of 3 channel telly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.