Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Direct flights to UK banned

Direct flights to UK banned

Old Feb 1st 2021, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Direct flights to UK banned

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I can't imagine Heathrow has a long list of potential customers waiting to take up the slots right now.
In fairness, if Emirates do restart flights they should be demanding to be back at T3.

Terminal 2 is a ****ing disaster for a fully loaded A380 to land at. Tin pot shit show of a terminal.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
In fairness, if Emirates do restart flights they should be demanding to be back at T3.

Terminal 2 is a ****ing disaster for a fully loaded A380 to land at. Tin pot shit show of a terminal.
Don't worry scamp. The A380 won't be around for much longer.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Don't worry scamp. The A380 won't be around for much longer.
Terrifying thought. I fit in the A380 seats nicely and there's two in economy in the front section that are just superb. 777's just don't have the leg room.

And no....before the who's got the biggest dick parade starts, I don't often pay for bizzo because I'm not a ****.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously can still get between the two, via proxy countries. I wonder if Eurostar is going at the moment, that could be fun. Or KLM fly into Southampton, closer to Mothers.

People need to travel for a multitude of reasons so shutting the flights when you can still make the journey is dumb.
i wouldn’t say it’s dumb as it simply reduces the masses back and forth flouncing around town showing us their lip fillers and Botox on Instagram
Old Feb 1st 2021, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

they can demand what they want but isn’t T3 shut ?
Old Feb 2nd 2021, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by UKMS
i wouldn’t say it’s dumb as it simply reduces the masses back and forth flouncing around town showing us their lip fillers and Botox on Instagram
Yeah, it just feels all a little late. The horse has bolted, jumped the fence and is busy mounting other horses in the next town.

Originally Posted by UKMS
they can demand what they want but isn’t T3 shut ?
Yeah. Which is why they're using T2, which is crap.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 2:16 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/...onavirus-fears

No flights to Saudi from UAE now either, which has just messed me up as I was due to fly back on Saturday. Just forked out for a one way via Doha.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/...onavirus-fears

No flights to Saudi from UAE now either, which has just messed me up as I was due to fly back on Saturday. Just forked out for a one way via Doha.
You in the UAE now? You'll have to do 14 days somewhere else first?

Or were you going from home to Dubai to Saudi?

It's a ****ing disastrous bit of news, we're busy trying to get people back in Kingdom and new joiners in. I might book a two week holiday and hide from it all.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 8:35 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

And no....before the who's got the biggest dick parade starts, I don't often pay for bizzo because I'm not a ****.
Who flies commercial these days, private planes are where it's at
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 9:35 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

You in the UAE now? You'll have to do 14 days somewhere else first?

Or were you going from home to Dubai to Saudi?

It's a ****ing disastrous bit of news, we're busy trying to get people back in Kingdom and new joiners in. I might book a two week holiday and hide from it all.
With my family in Thailand, but was transiting through Dubai. Lucky for me Qatar flights are up and running because my other option was 14 days in Bahrain. Nice as that maybe, 3 days is enough for me there and I've just had 9 weeks off work. £400 for a one way ticket not the end of the world so just have to suck it up.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Who flies commercial these days, private planes are where it's at
I was worried I was going to be let down by everyone. You saved the day with your PJ.

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
With my family in Thailand, but was transiting through Dubai. Lucky for me Qatar flights are up and running because my other option was 14 days in Bahrain. Nice as that maybe, 3 days is enough for me there and I've just had 9 weeks off work. £400 for a one way ticket not the end of the world so just have to suck it up.
That's not bad then. We're trying to force guys sat in Dubai to Bahrain to quarantine for 14 days there, then hop over the border. If I was one of them, I'd laugh and tell HR to **** off.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

T3 Is operational mate
Old Feb 4th 2021, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
T3 Is operational mate
At Heathrow?
If so, that's good news. T2 was a disgrace.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

At Heathrow?
If so, that's good news. T2 was a disgrace.
Sorry mate , wrong airport !!!!
Old Feb 4th 2021, 9:17 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I was worried I was going to be let down by everyone. You saved the day with your PJ.
I didn't want to let you down, if only I could say the same for my personal pilot and his unpunctual ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.