Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Direct flights to UK banned

Direct flights to UK banned

Old Feb 4th 2021, 9:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Direct flights to UK banned

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Sorry mate , wrong airport !!!!
You got me all excited, not that I can fly there of course.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I didn't want to let you down, if only I could say the same for my personal pilot and his unpunctual ways.
Is the hostie nice at least?
Old Feb 4th 2021, 11:52 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Is the hostie nice at least?
Covid regulations have turned the in flight entertainment to a mimed and socially distanced lesbian show. We are all hurting in this pandemic
Old Feb 4th 2021, 11:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Covid regulations have turned the in flight entertainment to a mimed and socially distanced lesbian show. We are all hurting in this pandemic
Does someone clean your dollar bills before you throw at them or do you have to do it yourself?
Old Feb 4th 2021, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I’m sure you could just do a lateral flow test.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 2:47 pm
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes - been reported in local press in Qatar.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

I was worried I was going to be let down by everyone. You saved the day with your PJ.

That's not bad then. We're trying to force guys sat in Dubai to Bahrain to quarantine for 14 days there, then hop over the border. If I was one of them, I'd laugh and tell HR to **** off.
If they are going to try to get in via Bahrain they had better be quick its going down the same toilet as the UAE. Doha is a safer bet its too boring to get covid.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HiHo
If they are going to try to get in via Bahrain they had better be quick its going down the same toilet as the UAE. Doha is a safer bet its too boring to get covid.
Interesting. It's our only route that works at the moment, otherwise we're going to be struggling for somewhere we've got an office to get them in.

That being said, if the team in Saudi aren't campaigning for a remote project office in Dubai for the next X Months then there's no hope for us regardless.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. It's our only route that works at the moment, otherwise we're going to be struggling for somewhere we've got an office to get them in.

That being said, if the team in Saudi aren't campaigning for a remote project office in Dubai for the next X Months then there's no hope for us regardless.
Have you looked at Addis?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 6:57 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of south African guys I work with are in zanzibar right now, going back to Saudi through Doha. And I heard from an ex colleague who's now at BAE that even British people he works with are also going via zanzibar because there's no quarantine restrictions there. Just do your 14 days and that's it.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Have you looked at Addis?
To be fair, most are here in the office and I think we should leave them here together instead of in multiple hotel rooms.

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
A couple of south African guys I work with are in zanzibar right now, going back to Saudi through Doha. And I heard from an ex colleague who's now at BAE that even British people he works with are also going via zanzibar because there's no quarantine restrictions there. Just do your 14 days and that's it.
This is a headache, we've got a few from SA and Zanzibar seems to be the best by far.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 5:48 am
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

Doha is a safer bet its too boring to get covid.
Qatar was for a long time the title holder of world's highest COVID cases per head. Bahrain has taken over in the regional field with El Trumpo and bumbling Boris having done sterling work to overtake Qatar recently

Last edited by fth; Feb 21st 2021 at 5:51 am.