Dinner

Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinner

Originally Posted by mission
maybe i am mistaken here...but isn't pig meat the one only meat that goes off the quickest and as you said above is loaded with bacteria compared to other animal meat?
MAT's explanation is more accurate than mine, I think.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
And you can use cheap cuts of meat, and they will be as tender as anything after 12 hours in one. Once you get used to it they are great, especially as you say prep time is minimal.!
Amen.

Mummy's slow cooker beef is wonderufl.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:41 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
maybe i am mistaken here...but isn't pig meat the one only meat that goes off the quickest and as you said above is loaded with bacteria compared to other animal meat?
Curing takes care of this so bacon and ham are much safer than other types of meat in terms of putrescence. Pork does not go off discernibly faster than say lamb or poultry, and a lot less quickly than fish. Beef does last a bit longer usually.

Chicken (and other poultry) actually is the one most susceptible to bacterial infection. Hence you do not eat chicken rare, ever...
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope

Chicken (and other poultry) actually is the one most susceptible to bacterial infection. Hence you do not eat chicken rare, ever...
Only in Japan... I lived to tell the tale.

Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:48 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

http://www.weirduniverse.net/images/2012/rawchicken.jpg
Nothing that some panko* and a deep-fryer couldn't sort...

*note how I avoided the tautology
Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:50 am
Hit 16's

*note how I avoided the tautology
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

*note how I avoided the hysteria
FIFY.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
I just dribbled. Actually dribbled, ignoring the hateful flavour of soup you suggest, I think I'm going to have to make that meal.
Originally Posted by hnd
They're not submerged. They sit on layers of thinly sliced potatoes and onions, over which has been poured a tin of Campbells Condensed Mushroom Soup. Put a lid on the dish or cover with foil and bake in a hot oven (230c) for about 50 mins, or until the spuds are just tender then remove the lid and brown the chops/crisp the fat for about 7 minutes. Delicious and, as said, a one-pot meal - and if you've got a timer on your oven it can be prepped in the morning and then stuck into the oven which is set to be ready when you get in from work!!
I've just copied this. Gonna have to try it!
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:42 am
Account Closed

http://www.weirduniverse.net/images/2012/rawchicken.jpg
What was it like?
Was it nice?
Old Nov 13th 2017, 10:56 am
Hit 16's

What was it like?
Was it nice?
I only tried the breast. Meh at best, and I was put off to some extent by the risk, although I enjoy meat or fish tataki, where the outside is seared but the inside is raw (top pic). My mother definitely wouldn't have approved. And I'll also willingly eat French food here, where the meat is invariably half raw (bottom pic is kidneys, the red is their blood: was delicious).

Dinner-ov-vadasds.jpg
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:27 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
I've just copied this. Gonna have to try it!
Forgot to mention, put a little water in the bottom of the dish and start with a layer of onions - helps stop the potatoes sticking 😊
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:37 am
Account Closed

I only tried the breast. Meh at best, and I was put off to some extent by the risk, although I enjoy meat or fish tataki, where the outside is seared but the inside is raw (top pic). My mother definitely wouldn't have approved. And I'll also willingly eat French food here, where the meat is invariably half raw (bottom pic is kidneys, the red is their blood: was delicious).

https://www.justonecookbook.com/wp-c...II-600x900.jpg

Attachment 128960
Interesting. Not known anyone who's tried the raw chicken stuff....fair play. Closest I got in Japan was raw horsemeat and mane. The latter was disgusting, just a tiny slab of yellow fat basically.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Not known anyone who's tried the raw chicken stuff....fair play. Closest I got in Japan was raw horsemeat and mane. The latter was disgusting, just a tiny slab of yellow fat basically.
Horsemeat, eh?

What did it taste like? Chicken?
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Horsemeat, eh?

What did it taste like? Chicken?
Nah. Was beefy coloured. Tough, almost had that gamey / smokey sort of aroma.

Wasn't bad at all, but don't really know if it was shit, good or great quality so you know.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Nah. Was beefy coloured. Tough, almost had that gamey / smokey sort of aroma.

Wasn't bad at all, but don't really know if it was shit, good or great quality so you know.
Like venison?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.