British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dilemma....would you (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dilemma-would-you-618573/)

MataHari Jul 6th 2009 9:35 am

Dilemma....would you

forward pics that you found on facebook of friends of your teenage kids to their parents, in which they are seen at parties, drinking and behaving provocatively...
I personally wouldn't do it, and if another mother would send them to me I think my response would be something like mind your own business...
Think most of us have behaved in ways when we were teenagers that we wouldn't want our parents to find out about, and because there was no camera phones, FB etc, they usually never did, lol...
So now, just cause these things are better documentated so to speak, would you do it, or do teenagers deserve their privacy...

BangleMan Jul 6th 2009 9:37 am

Re: Dilemma....would you

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7727384)
forward pics that you found on facebook of friends of your teenage kids to their parents, in which they are seen at parties, drinking and behaving provocatively...
I personally wouldn't do it, and if another mother would send them to me I think my response would be something like mind your own business...
Think most of us have behaved in ways when we were teenagers that we wouldn't want our parents to find out about, and because there was no camera phones, FB etc, they usually never did, lol...
So now, just cause these things are better documentated so to speak, would you do it, or do teenagers deserve their privacy...

parties, drinking and behaving provocatively.......thats fckg disgusting....!

I never did anything like that, thank god

MataHari Jul 6th 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7727389)
parties, drinking and behaving provocatively.......thats fckg disgusting....!

I never did anything like that, thank god

then I just hope your sons make up for it big time...

Madam Medusa Jul 6th 2009 9:39 am

no i wouldn't...

MM, xx

MataHari Jul 6th 2009 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7727398)
no i wouldn't...

MM, xx

me neither...but guess what...all the women on EW would, lmao

Madam Medusa Jul 6th 2009 9:44 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7727404)

oh geez, now why doesn't that surprise me...

MM, xx

Spugsy Jul 6th 2009 9:44 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7727404)

well that tells you all you need to know about the site then, I've never been on but ti sounds horrific.

And hey, let the teenagers have their fun eh?

Euc- Jul 6th 2009 9:46 am

Of course not, it's something that is part of growing up, that's what's being young all about!

And the persons who do send it.. /me thinks of something with a pot and a kettle.

MataHari Jul 6th 2009 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7727414)
well that tells you all you need to know about the site then, I've never been on but ti sounds horrific.

And hey, let the teenagers have their fun eh?

oh I know, I wanted to go on and give them a different perspective, but I don't think it'll make any difference...

MataHari Jul 6th 2009 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 7727422)
Of course not, it's something that is part of growing up, that's what's being young all about!

And the persons who do send it.. /me thinks of something with a pot and a kettle.

yeah, seems like some of those mothers were never young themselves...
and they all think/say that their kids would never do anything like that cause they are good parents, hahaha...

Euc- Jul 6th 2009 9:51 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7727432)
yeah, seems like some of those mothers were never young themselves...
and they all think/say that their kids would never do anything like that cause they are good parents, hahaha...

Somehow I doubt it ;)

I went to check out the infamous EW, it's hilarious!

Who started something about bisexuality the other day btw?

The reason I ask this is today I was looking at my daughters facebook to see what was going on. I followed a link to a picture that she had commented on and OMG what I saw was horrifying.

There was a raging party somewhere in the last day or so.
Girls were stripped down to just their bra's and underwear.
Girls were licking something off of each others chests
The touchy feely thing was going on between multiple girls.
Still I wouldn't send it though.. Although.. what would we do if they're 11?

BangleMan Jul 6th 2009 9:52 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7727394)
then I just hope your sons make up for it big time...

the eldest one is at the moment.....he's 16, in love with a nice girl, who is all big hair, tits and make up, and he has just found alcohol....

Am I a bad Dad for buying him his first bottle of beer from me at Hyde Park concert a fortnight ago ?......

Good luck to him, as long as he is careful and doesnt do anything stupid like drugs or get some bird up the duff....he should have the time of his life for the next few years

lionheart Jul 6th 2009 9:53 am

I would get my kids to tell their friends that the photos had been seen, but not tell their parents. It might teach them to be more discreet in future.

MataHari Jul 6th 2009 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 7727440)
Somehow I doubt it ;)

I went to check out the infamous EW, it's hilarious!

Who started something about bisexuality the other day btw?

Still I wouldn't send it though.. Although.. what would we do if they're 11?

lol...
well, it doesn't mention any specific ages, so yeah, 11 would be young, but then I would guess 11 year olds are still monitored by their parents and wouldn't be out partying...
My agelimit would be around 14/15 I guess (looking back at my own youth)...

what made me gasp was that the woman has actually forwarded the pics to the parents...

BangleMan Jul 6th 2009 9:57 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7727457)
lol...
well, it doesn't mention any specific ages, so yeah, 11 would be young, but then I would guess 11 year olds are still monitored by their parents and wouldn't be out partying...
My agelimit would be around 14/15 I guess (looking back at my own youth)...

what made me gasp was that the woman has actually forwarded the pics to the parents...

jeez...you must have a good memory....was it in black 'n' white ?,