dilema time

Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all
Default dilema time

About 4 months ago my wonderful landlord let the villa nextdoor to mine to a bakers dozen of Filipinos (came home from work to see the bunkbeds being delivered).

Now, I think the latest municipality drive to oust those sharing villas is as mad as a bum full of smarties but, since moving in we have had nothing but trouble with them. Noisy parties, garbage left in the garden so we now have stray cats and rodents, fag butts flicked over the wall into the garden where my daughters play.

So - what would you do? Shop the *****er for the sugar rush high it would give you or adopt the moral high ground?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:49 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dilema time

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
About 4 months ago my wonderful landlord let the villa nextdoor to mine to a bakers dozen of Filipinos (came home from work to see the bunkbeds being delivered).

Now, I think the latest municipality drive to oust those sharing villas is as mad as a bum full of smarties but, since moving in we have had nothing but trouble with them. Noisy parties, garbage left in the garden so we now have stray cats and rodents, fag butts flicked over the wall into the garden where my daughters play.

So - what would you do? Shop the *****er for the sugar rush high it would give you or adopt the moral high ground?
would definately shop them...., why should you have to put up with that !
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
would definately shop them...., why should you have to put up with that !
Seconded.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:14 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: dilema time

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Seconded.
Thirded.

Anonymously of course .
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:49 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I would send them a written warning to clean up their act within one week or else. They will get the message.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:09 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: dilema time

Originally Posted by Shadya
Personally I would send them a written warning to clean up their act, mow your lawns, clean your pool and give you a reasonable amount in cash for not squeeling to the police within one week or else. They will get the message.
I like the way you think .
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Seconded.
Aye,me too...If only I knew what he meant by "shopping them"...
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Personally I would send them a written warning to clean up their act within one week or else. They will get the message.
One week is too short...You should give them a year to straighten up...
Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

Update;

Spoke to the landlord who said he would sort it (claimed he didn't know they had moved in). Anyway, fast forward a month or so and there are now, I would estimate, about 20 of them living there.

I emailed the landlord on Sunday and said this is unacceptable, can't go on etc. Not expecting much so, the big questions is what next. I can shop them to the municipality (couldn't see a number on their website), or call the fuzz when they are having one of their loud parties, but I am not too sure the fuzz would care about this sort of thing. Or, when my delightful landlord decides to contact me I can talk to him about a financial settlement / return to rent if I decide to leave.

Anyone had problems of this sort before? I would have thought with AED100k fine hanging over him he'd be a bit less of a shit.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:28 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the villa? If its in one of the freehold areas I don't think the villa sharing rule applies
Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Update;

Spoke to the landlord who said he would sort it (claimed he didn't know they had moved in). Anyway, fast forward a month or so and there are now, I would estimate, about 20 of them living there.

I emailed the landlord on Sunday and said this is unacceptable, can't go on etc. Not expecting much so, the big questions is what next. I can shop them to the municipality (couldn't see a number on their website), or call the fuzz when they are having one of their loud parties, but I am not too sure the fuzz would care about this sort of thing. Or, when my delightful landlord decides to contact me I can talk to him about a financial settlement / return to rent if I decide to leave.

Anyone had problems of this sort before? I would have thought with AED100k fine hanging over him he'd be a bit less of a shit.
tell the police they are running a brothel and selling drugs..they'll soon be down there...for the women and drugs if nothing else!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Update;

You need to be clear about what you want to achieve.

If you want them to just observe certain rules - less noise, no littering, etc then you could try approaching them verbally to find out who is the most senior person amongst them, you could also give them something in writing and perhaps even have it translated into Tagalog.

Should the situation not be resolved, then write to your landlord and again if necessary have a translation into whatever language necessary.

Noise is unacceptable and you would be within your rights to complain to the police and if necessary you can open a case asking for whatever you want resolved, ie noise reduction, realistic numbers of tenants, etc. You can also request from the police that you don't wish to make a case just have the tenants sign an undertaking that if they clean up their act you will not proceed to make a court case.

Keep within the law, get copies of everything (Arabic copies are always good and can be obtained very cheaply from one of the abundant translation centres). The law is generally good and if there really are issues then you are within your rights to make a complaint. So, don't suffer and put up with crap - good luck.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
tell the police they are running a brothel and selling drugs..they'll soon be down there...for the women and drugs if nothing else!
Ohh... you're mean...
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

do you really think the landlord didnt know about it, this happened to us in ad and what could we do about it, nothing, we had to move out, i was not living next door to 50 guys...... even if you shop them its not going to affect the landlord as he will say he didnt know, but of course it may help you, but then what may the landlord do to you at next renewal he may decide that he needs the house back etc.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Ohh... you're mean...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.