DIFC lunch card?

Old Jan 28th 2013, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default DIFC lunch card?

So I have 2nd and 3rd interviews for two companies in DIFC (I know, I know) and so might find myself in a position where I have to choose between them. I am currently weighing up the salaries and benefits of both, but one of them offers free lunch! I know this is a minor thing, but I really want to know more about it.

I was told that you get free lunch "up to AEDx per day", but what I really want to know is... can you save it all up to the end of the month then have dinner at one of the nice restaurants there? Or do you have to redeem it on a daily basis? I think the scheme may be something to do with the Al Ansari card, but am not sure. Just wondered if any of you guys worked at DIFC and had the same perk. Feel a bit embarrassed asking, actually. Which is why I didn't ask at the interview.

Thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:22 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIFC lunch card?

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla View Post
So I have 2nd and 3rd interviews for two companies in DIFC (I know, I know) and so might find myself in a position where I have to choose between them. I am currently weighing up the salaries and benefits of both, but one of them offers free lunch! I know this is a minor thing, but I really want to know more about it.

I was told that you get free lunch "up to AEDx per day", but what I really want to know is... can you save it all up to the end of the month then have dinner at one of the nice restaurants there? Or do you have to redeem it on a daily basis? I think the scheme may be something to do with the Al Ansari card, but am not sure. Just wondered if any of you guys worked at DIFC and had the same perk. Feel a bit embarrassed asking, actually. Which is why I didn't ask at the interview.

Thanks.
No idea, but I will help you spend it.

A mate of mine got something like this when he worked at HSBC - but it was a book of little vouchers.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Are you at DIFC then, Millhouse?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You are coming to the Middle East and you are worried about LUNCH VOUCHERS ???
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:32 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
LaLaLayla
BE Enthusiast

Something tells me she is already here....
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
No, I'm not worried about LUNCH VOUCHERS, I am comparing the benefits of 2 different jobs, one of which pays for lunch. I really want the lunch-paying one, not because of the lunch (obv) but because it is a more exciting job. However, the other one pays more so I am trying to big up the lunch-paying one. Having said that, I have just had a baby and haven't worked in ages, so the idea of saving up all the LUNCH VOUCHERS and going out for a nice dinner once a month is very enticing.

I realise this all makes me sound more than a teensy bit sad...
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:44 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just a bit. Just take the job, bitching over benefits never wins you friends. And yes, I'm in the DIFC.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:47 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all. It's a benefit.

I now bring in lunch because I average 48dhs a day.

That's 240 per week / 960 per month / 11,520 per year

If the other offer is say 7,200 (30dhs a day) better then you're looking at a matched package.

I'm a maths smart lad today.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
...bitching over benefits never wins you friends.
Goodness no, I'm not doing that. Especially here. I remember when I was at ADIA we made an offer to a guy who started to quibble over certain benefits (ridiculous as the benefits at ADIA are phenomenal).

Anyway, the head of our department told him to forget it and withdrew the offer...
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
If the other offer is say 7,200 (30dhs a day) better then you're looking at a matched package.

I'm a maths smart lad today.
Yeah, that's my thinking. It's AED 60 per day. But I need to know that I can benefit, as I certainly would not be eating AED 60 worth of lunch per day!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:06 pm
WWLLCJD?

Yeah, that's my thinking. It's AED 60 per day. But I need to know that I can benefit, as I certainly would not be eating AED 60 worth of lunch per day!
Millhouse will help.

Or just buy it and have it for dinner too.

Not sure Gaucho will take 20 lunch tokens for a dinner for two?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:09 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Some cracking lunch places over there though.... You could invite your friends or internet correspondents () and think of the benefit that would be!

Last edited by Miss Anne Thrope; Jan 28th 2013 at 12:12 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh, I hadn't thought of the embarrassment of having to sit there counting out lunch vouchers to pay for a meal
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:12 pm
WWLLCJD?

Oh, I hadn't thought of the embarrassment of having to sit there counting out lunch vouchers to pay for a meal
I feel mortified getting out vouchers for a free brekkie at Paul.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope View Post
Some cracking lunch places over there though....
Yeah, there are, but can you imagine how enormous you would get eating AED 60 worth of lunch every day? Everyone in DIFC seems to be slim and good-looking. You don't get like that by stuffing yourself with Potbelly sandwiches

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.