Diet

Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diet

Originally Posted by Scamp
Don't mate. It's ****ing depressing.

One other useful thing to come out of it is the increased amount of attention I pay to what I eat on the other days. At first, the day after I'd be smashing a KFC or some filth to celebrate my successful diet day. Now, I'm still not perfect but I'm better at not going drastically the wrong way after doing well.

Also - I pay a lot more attention to the food I eat in general; ie: what's in it, is it covered in cheese, how fatty is it, is it carb heavy in the evening etc etc.
You've grasped the main part now . Incremental changes to your diet are worth their weight in gold . Couple that with a structured exercise programme and you'll be looking for a pair of 32inch jeans before you know it.

When people deprive themselves or make the routine too severe they fail , it's too much of a shock . Ive been around the same weight for 20 years 77-79KG and it's hard work as i have to constantly watch what i eat and i train at least 4 times per week .

I like to booze and eat crap now and again so you just have to make the right choices . Keep at it because the lighter and fitter you get the more incentive it will give you .

You'll be fighting the lasses of with a shitty stick at the Barasti soon
Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
You've grasped the main part now . Incremental changes to your diet are worth their weight in gold . Couple that with a structured exercise programme and you'll be looking for a pair of 32inch jeans before you know it.

When people deprive themselves or make the routine too severe they fail , it's too much of a shock . Ive been around the same weight for 20 years 77-79KG and it's hard work as i have to constantly watch what i eat and i train at least 4 times per week .

I like to booze and eat crap now and again so you just have to make the right choices . Keep at it because the lighter and fitter you get the more incentive it will give you .

You'll be fighting the lasses of with a shitty stick at the Barasti soon
Agreed. Too much too quickly is a waste of time. Got a pal who has quit smoking, stopped boozing, gym every morning, zero fun allowed. It's going to come tumbling down soon, such is.

I've focused on this diet, squash once a week and now I've moved offices; I have been smoking 50% less without really thinking about it.

Bit by bit.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:42 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
If you wanna lose weight, take looong hot showers and sit in the Steam room often.
actually you want the exact opposite

Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn | Home

TEDMED - Talk Details - What's the 'coolest' way to lose weight?
Old Mar 15th 2015, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Well done scamp - the hardest part of any change in lifestyle is getting out of your comfort zone.

5:2 is easy to start with. Miss sometimes a meal or 2 for the rest of the week and the weight will carry on dropping. People stop and blame fasting and look for a new diet when they stall. The body quickly learns to adapt hence the stalls.

Im big into fasting - its soo much easier than remembering calories, remember macro levels of protein/carbs/fat.

I now use a random generator on my phone and that tells me how many meals i eat in a day. Thats much more in tune how mankind developed - sometimes you found food and sometimes you didnt. I still try to keep away from all processed food but sod it a couple of double whopper meals is worth it !
Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

well done mate. My wife does the 5:2 and has had great results with it.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
I now use a random generator on my phone and that tells me how many meals i eat in a day.
what a depressing app.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I now use a random generator on my phone and that tells me how many meals i eat in a day.
How much do you eat that you need an app to tell you how many meals you have eaten?

Or do you have dementia?
Old Mar 15th 2015, 9:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Well done scamp - the hardest part of any change in lifestyle is getting out of your comfort zone.

5:2 is easy to start with. Miss sometimes a meal or 2 for the rest of the week and the weight will carry on dropping. People stop and blame fasting and look for a new diet when they stall. The body quickly learns to adapt hence the stalls.

Im big into fasting - its soo much easier than remembering calories, remember macro levels of protein/carbs/fat.

I now use a random generator on my phone and that tells me how many meals i eat in a day. Thats much more in tune how mankind developed - sometimes you found food and sometimes you didnt. I still try to keep away from all processed food but sod it a couple of double whopper meals is worth it !
That app sounds brutal!

I have found myself eating less in general. Yesterday I was up early to go to RAK to play golf and acquire beverages on the way back. Had lunch at about 3pm. Didn't eat any dinner. So I had one meal, oh and some chocolate orange, but that's alright. I find myself generally being less starving hungry etc but I still never eat breakfast. That'll be the biggest 'lifestyle' / diet change I need to make - to at least start doing that.

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
well done mate. My wife does the 5:2 and has had great results with it.
Christ, long time mate, how's things?
Old Mar 15th 2015, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

I use the app to give a random number ranging from 0 to 4 meals a day. If its 0 means a full day fast, 1 = 1 meal a day etc.

Nothing to do with dementia but more to do with learning to control my apetite (please dont start talking about how if i dont eat 6 meals a day my body will go into starvation mode). It works fine for me - your mileage will vary
Old Mar 15th 2015, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I use the app to give a random number ranging from 0 to 4 meals a day. If its 0 means a full day fast, 1 = 1 meal a day etc.

Nothing to do with dementia but more to do with learning to control my apetite (please dont start talking about how if i dont eat 6 meals a day my body will go into starvation mode). It works fine for me - your mileage will vary
What if the app gives a run of, say seven, zeros. That is possible.

The basic problem is too much cake, not enough walkies.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:29 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

What is the app called?
Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Do you know I actually did that last year for 3 whole months at fitness first (yeah yeah I know).
3-4 days a week, light upper body workout, 30 minutes in the Sauna (takes a while to go so long without a break actually). Used to sweat buckets everytime!! And the result?
Minimal loss of KGs mate.
Next 3 months I started a running / walking regime on the running machine :
200 meters fast run and 200 meters normal walk. Do that for 40 minutes or 5km, 2 times a week and voila, 2-3 KGs a month easy! Point in trying to make is, I thought that just by sweating a lot I could shed the fat but you also need to get a good cardio workout while sweating to actually get the fat burning.
I dislike Saunas because of the dry heat. Prefer Steam room.

If you didn't lose weight after 30 mins in the Sauna then sit longer and if that doesn't work sit even longer

I have high metabolism so my problem is trying to put on weight. Anyone know if those muscle building powders and shakes are any good in putting on bulk/body mass?

Here's another tip.
Even though I am not trying to lose weight,I found that limejuice / limeade / lemonade really takes away my appetite.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Mar 15th 2015 at 8:00 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I dislike Saunas because of the dry heat. Prefer Steam room.

If you didn't lose waterafter 30 mins in the Sauna then sit longer and if that doesn't work sit even longer

I have high metabolism so my problem is trying to put on weight. Anyone know if those muscle building powders and shakes are any good in putting on bulk/body mass?
they do work - but I find that they fill me a lot and then stop me wanting real food.

Here's another tip.
Even though I am not trying to lose weight,I found that limejuice / limeade / lemonade really takes away my appetite.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 5:42 am
Account Closed

So I'll give some of you an idea of diet day and what it's like; bullshit.

Woke up. Weighed myself, weekend of boozing, eating what I want and I'm back up to 102.3kg

No great dramas because the fluctuation has been on a downward trend still. I'll wake up tomorrow nice and light.

Two big black coffees and one cigarette so far. Normally I'd have had 2+ coffees and 3-4 cigs.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I find the fasting thing interesting and if it works on some people then fair play . It's not sustainable or long term though . People need to eat 'clean' full stop , it's the only long term solution for weight management and good health .

If you eat clean the majority of your time and train hard and well you will change your body shape very very quickly .

It's a very simple formula and i still don't get why people complicate it . Eating well coupled with resistance and cardio is the best way to go long term .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.