Diet

Old Mar 12th 2015, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diet

Good on you Scamp. Well done and keep up the good work, healthy eating is the key no matter what exercise you do. Swimming is a great exercise for the UAE.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just done 15mins on the stepper, structured as 1 minute very high intensity, followed by 1 minute average. Heart rate peaked at 175 when I thought I was going to die, then back to 166.

Followed by 15mins of intervals (30s on, 10s off) on weights, burpees, squats etc.

feel amazing.

got to love a quiet day in the office.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Congrats on the changes , that's the hardest part . As it's been mentioned HIT is best , steady rate exercise becomes useless once your body adapts and it will adapt quickly .

Break it down to short intense session and do everything to failure if possible. Your eating plan will have to change as it's not sustainable plus the more exercise you do the more fuel it will need but the right fuel .

I find people complicate a very basic science with fitness an weight loss , make the training and right food choices part of the change and you will see long term results .

The more you do the more you body will want to do , if you can do 25 press ups the body an do 30 the next time . If you push it the weight will fall off you like a pair of knickers in The York Hotel .

Keep at it and keep it simple
Thanks chap. You're right and you're saying things I kind of know already but useful to get told again.

I'm upping squash to twice a week and am going to introduce something else at home maybe with that app or perhaps going down to the gym now my office is next door to my apartment - lunchtime seems a real potential.

Originally Posted by Kim67
Good on you Scamp. Well done and keep up the good work, healthy eating is the key no matter what exercise you do. Swimming is a great exercise for the UAE.
Thanks. I do like swimming, in fact, I'm quite good, but it's also one of the most depressing things I have done recently, one length and I'm blowing out my arse.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Thanks. I do like swimming, in fact, I'm quite good, but it's also one of the most depressing things I have done recently, one length and I'm blowing out my arse.
Lol, that's a real talent, we Aussies are taught a different breathing technique.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 2:37 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Scamp, keep up the good work.

One more excercise than I can completely recommend is cycling. I started late last year and have lost over 6kgs without thinking about dieting at all.

I started in September and completed the Dubai 92 in a respectable time in December.

I do some big rides at weekends to train, but mostly its pottering around the Marina before work.

I love being outside but can't run due my knees and have no issue with them on the bike. If you're downtown, I am sure there are plenty of places to ride safely and if you check Dubizzle there are plenty of starter bikes on there cheap as chips.

And, NO, you dont need to look like a dick all in Lycra as they sell Mountain bike shorts which look normal but the padding is hidden away. I know how much you think about your crown jewels!!!!

Anyway, whatever you do, keep up the good work mate :-)
Old Mar 12th 2015, 3:27 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Lol, that's a real talent, we Aussies are taught a different breathing technique.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 3:44 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff, scamp. Well done.

I'm hoping that coming to Kuwait is going to be good for my health and fitness. I won't be doing a 500 mile commute every weekend with its inherent disruption (2 days travel, 3 full days working away, 2 days at home) and I'll be able to get into swimming and maybe cycling. Being in a "dry" country should be useful too.

Last edited by littlejimmy; Mar 12th 2015 at 3:47 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Being in a "dry" country should be useful too.
Muttley like snigger....!
Old Mar 12th 2015, 5:11 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Muttley like snigger....!
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
sadly not, but I think we can blag some at the fitness first in Al Mazil. I'll have a look at it and email you.

What is your resting heart rate? I tick over at about 58 these days, it used to be 70+
My RHR is 64/68.. I never do cardio, I train twice a week. Allegedly for my age that is great :-D
Old Mar 14th 2015, 1:27 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

600 calories a day?
hmmm....how many calories in a pint of bitter I wonder!
Old Mar 14th 2015, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone tried this?

TiffinBox.Ae: Tiffin Box In Dubai, Tiffin Box Dubai, Tiffin In Dubai, Dibbawala, TiffinBox Services In Dubai,Tiffin Box In JLT,Tiffin In JLT,TiffinBox Services In JLT, Tiffin Box In Dubai Marina,Tiffin In Dubai Marina,TiffinBox Services In Dubai Mari
Old Mar 14th 2015, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

If you wanna lose weight, take looong hot showers and sit in the Steam room often.
Old Mar 14th 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
If you wanna lose weight, take looong hot showers and sit in the Steam room often.
Do you know I actually did that last year for 3 whole months at fitness first (yeah yeah I know).
3-4 days a week, light upper body workout, 30 minutes in the Sauna (takes a while to go so long without a break actually). Used to sweat buckets everytime!! And the result?
Minimal loss of KGs mate.
Next 3 months I started a running / walking regime on the running machine :
200 meters fast run and 200 meters normal walk. Do that for 40 minutes or 5km, 2 times a week and voila, 2-3 KGs a month easy! Point in trying to make is, I thought that just by sweating a lot I could shed the fat but you also need to get a good cardio workout while sweating to actually get the fat burning.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
600 calories a day?
hmmm....how many calories in a pint of bitter I wonder!
Don't mate. It's ****ing depressing.

One other useful thing to come out of it is the increased amount of attention I pay to what I eat on the other days. At first, the day after I'd be smashing a KFC or some filth to celebrate my successful diet day. Now, I'm still not perfect but I'm better at not going drastically the wrong way after doing well.

Also - I pay a lot more attention to the food I eat in general; ie: what's in it, is it covered in cheese, how fatty is it, is it carb heavy in the evening etc etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.