Did/do you smoke?

Old May 26th 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Did/do you smoke?

[QUOTE=Jim Smith;7602087]
Originally Posted by Meow
Yep, but psychologically only

Good luck MrsHawkes in your quest!

As a non-smoker I dont know how a non smoker could marry a smoker!!!

The local govt are doing some good things to curb the nasty habit. It is just a pity you have to make a dash through all the smokers huddled outside the entrance to the large shopping malls from where they are thankfully, banned!

Lets see some action in the pubs soon! European Cup Final on Wednesday will be hell on earth again for the non smokers!

Anyway to end on a lighter note who remembers the old joke about two women having a chat over a cup of coffee when one asked the other "Do you smoke during intercourse", and the respondent replied that "she had never looked"!
Thanks Jim!

I wish i was a non smoker and never started!

I'm feeling much better today though...... think it's getting easier.

Mrs H
x
Old May 26th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
Mrs hawkes, do you have a job? Maybe that would take your mind off smoking?

You know, like working for a living...keep your mind occupied?

Serious question...when I'm lazing around the house being bone idle, I graze on food constantly..when I'm working and focused on something I don't eat or drink coffee etc..

Maybe the same will apply for smoking...

No i'm being "bone idle" at the moment!

I'm looking for a temp job coz i'm going home in the summer for nearly 5 weeks and then i want to get a full time job when i come back.

I've joined a few angencies but not heard anything. Things are slow just now eh?
Old May 26th 2009, 10:31 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
No i'm being "bone idle" at the moment!

I'm looking for a temp job coz i'm going home in the summer for nearly 5 weeks and then i want to get a full time job when i come back.

I've joined a few angencies but not heard anything. Things are slow just now eh?
what do you do?
Old May 26th 2009, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commander
what do you do?

HR Logistics in a oil company.

Where would be the best place to look?

I got my last job through a friend of a friend if you know what i mean. Had to leave (long story) and i would go back there but they are closing the Dubai office now
Old May 26th 2009, 11:44 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
1.You stink.
Not as badly as a labourer true, but you smell bad,so does your hair,clothes,home and probably your car.People avoid sitting near you because you stink.
You are just wasting your money on perfumes, shapoos,fabric conditioner,air freshnerds etc because they only temporaily mask the smell of nicotine-of which you stink.

2. Your complexion is dull,so are your eyes and the top of your lips probably have multiple wrinkles.Don't waste more money on anti ageing creams,moisturisers etc cos the nicotine of whick you stink writes off any benefits of same.You are destined to look older and with a dull unhealthy looking complexion so long as you smoke.

3. Teeth? Don't bother wasting money on scaling and polishing or whitening treatments-they will stay stained and yellowed.

4. Save all the money you'd spend on above items and employ a 'Funeral Planner' Something you are so readily contributing to, you should at least have a major say in how poisining your lungs and those of others or killing your heart off was definitely 'worth it'.

Stop it now-you know it makes sense Stinky.........
Sincerely,
E,

A convert(over 17years, upwards of 20 per day).

There is only one thing worse than a reformed smoker.....

And thats one of them born-again religious freaks....

Still love ya, tho, Eva.....
Old May 26th 2009, 12:30 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE

There is only one thing worse than a reformed smoker.....

And thats one of them born-again religious freaks....

Still love ya, tho, Eva.....

Sweet
x

I am THE WORST converted non-smoker,unequivocally-I know I am.
Can't help it. I know I couldn't ever smoke again,making feel sick thinking about it.***Mrs H*** stop reading now

but I know I haven't found anything to date that is as satifying as the first few draws first thing in the morning,or after a splendid meal,or with a proper lovely glass of wine....or...at certain other moments
Old May 26th 2009, 12:33 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Sweet
x

Can't help it. I know I couldn't ever smoke again,making feel sick thinking about it.***Mrs H*** stop reading now

but I know I haven't found anything to date that is as satifying as the first few draws first thing in the morning,or after a splendid meal,or with a proper lovely glass of wine....or...at certain other moments
I miss the weed, not the tobacco though.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Sweet
x

ha ha i said that 2 years ago, thought i would never ever smoke again, as i was soooo ratty and it was so hard to do. I was also a terrible non smoker convert, couldnt stand anyone smoking near me, would shower as soon as i came back from a smoky place but it took me minutes to go back on them, tut never say never.

So in support of Mrs H i am going to give it another go next week and BM so should you...... You have not contributed to this topic i see...
Old May 26th 2009, 1:25 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

I am the ultimate non-addicted smoker. I smoke a cigar about once every three years

In general I hate smoking. Cigarette smoke makes my eyes water like nobody's business.

I need to get my exercise addiction back though
Old May 26th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eva
Sweet
x

I read it all Eva! I can imagine.............mmmmmmmmm

I miss smoking

Na i'll be ok, i'm feeling much better today.

I'll tell you what i'm loving, my mouth feels SO much better in the mornings! Hubbie agrees
Old May 26th 2009, 2:35 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
I read it all Eva! I can imagine.............mmmmmmmmm

I miss smoking

Na i'll be ok, i'm feeling much better today.

I'll tell you what i'm loving, my mouth feels SO much better in the mornings! Hubbie agrees

Haahahahhahaa!

You are doing well, course you'll miss it- but it's history now.
You don't smoke.
Old May 26th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
ha ha i said that 2 years ago, thought i would never ever smoke again, as i was soooo ratty and it was so hard to do. I was also a terrible non smoker convert, couldnt stand anyone smoking near me, would shower as soon as i came back from a smoky place but it took me minutes to go back on them, tut never say never.

So in support of Mrs H i am going to give it another go next week and BM so should you...... You have not contributed to this topic i see...
Yay! Go for it!

I haven't been near a smoker yet so not sure how i'll feel.....

Why did you start again? Just wondering so i don't fall into the same trap!
Old May 26th 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eva
Haahahahhahaa!

You are doing well, course you'll miss it- but it's history now.
You don't smoke.
Am i the only one who enjoys smoking and doesnt have bad breath and yellow teeth???
Old May 26th 2009, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deemi786
Am i the only one who enjoys smoking and doesnt have bad breath and yellow teeth???
Yes i think so!

How's that then?
Old May 26th 2009, 2:40 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deemi786
the rest of us are too scared incase we get hit over the head from the non-smoking brigade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.