Did/do you smoke?

Old May 24th 2009, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of
Default Did/do you smoke?

Hi,

I just wondered if any of you guys smoke? want to stop? or if you did smoke and don't anymore?

I've been reading Allen Carr and i'm on day 2 of no smoking. Yesterday was fine. Mr H was here and we were out and about so it was fine but today i'm by myself and struggling a bit.

I'm determined to stop this time. I'm 32 and i've smoked since i was 13. Thats nearly 20 years of smoking! I'm fed up being reliant on it and it's getting more and more unsociable. Even in Dubai i notice a difference since i got here.

Anyway any advice or tips to maybe make it a bit easier would be great much appreciated!

Mrs H
Old May 24th 2009, 6:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did/do you smoke?

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
Hi,

I just wondered if any of you guys smoke? want to stop? or if you did smoke and don't anymore?

I've been reading Allen Carr and i'm on day 2 of no smoking. Yesterday was fine. Mr H was here and we were out and about so it was fine but today i'm by myself and struggling a bit.

I'm determined to stop this time. I'm 32 and i've smoked since i was 13. Thats nearly 20 years of smoking! I'm fed up being reliant on it and it's getting more and more unsociable. Even in Dubai i notice a difference since i got here.

Anyway any advice or tips to maybe make it a bit easier would be great much appreciated!

Mrs H

I smoke and yes I would love to give it up. I have heard good things about this book, stick with it. If you want a cigarette go and brush your teeth, this worked for a friend of mine, she hasn't had one in nearly 8 years now.
Old May 24th 2009, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I smoke and yes I would love to give it up. I have heard good things about this book, stick with it. If you want a cigarette go and brush your teeth, this worked for a friend of mine, she hasn't had one in nearly 8 years now.
Thanks BC! I am going to do that now!

Thing is we want to have kids and i want to stop before that happens.

It says i have to keep the book and keep referring to it if i'm struggling so i'll do this too. He does make sense Mr Carr! Maybe you should give it a go too? I think you have to be ready to stop though.

Mrs H
Old May 24th 2009, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I used to smoke and gave up 18 years ago - used Nicorette chewing gum to get me started and then progressed to normal gum. It worked for me and I gradually weened myself off gum too. I used to smoke at least 20 a day and more at weekends.
Old May 24th 2009, 6:37 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Mrs H

1.You stink.
Not as badly as a labourer true, but you smell bad,so does your hair,clothes,home and probably your car.People avoid sitting near you because you stink.
You are just wasting your money on perfumes, shapoos,fabric conditioner,air freshnerds etc because they only temporaily mask the smell of nicotine-of which you stink.

2. Your complexion is dull,so are your eyes and the top of your lips probably have multiple wrinkles.Don't waste more money on anti ageing creams,moisturisers etc cos the nicotine of whick you stink writes off any benefits of same.You are destined to look older and with a dull unhealthy looking complexion so long as you smoke.

3. Teeth? Don't bother wasting money on scaling and polishing or whitening treatments-they will stay stained and yellowed.

4. Save all the money you'd spend on above items and employ a 'Funeral Planner' Something you are so readily contributing to, you should at least have a major say in how poisining your lungs and those of others or killing your heart off was definitely 'worth it'.

Stop it now-you know it makes sense Stinky.........
Sincerely,
E,

A convert(over 17years, upwards of 20 per day).
Old May 24th 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soukie
I used to smoke and gave up 18 years ago - used Nicorette chewing gum to get me started and then progressed to normal gum. It worked for me and I gradually weened myself off gum too. I used to smoke at least 20 a day and more at weekends.
I tried to stop once before about 5 years ago with the patches and i tried the gum. I couldn't even chew it! Made me feel sick.

Yeah i would say i was on about 20 a day and more at weekends just recently. Used to be about 10 a day before i came to Dubai.

I have to say well done Soukie as it's not easy!

Mrs H
Old May 24th 2009, 6:51 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Mrs H
stick with it Mrs H...

have only recent succumbed to the smoking bug (again) recently. hadn't smoke for a couple of years, now am back to bad habits.

shall have to find a copy of that book and see if it'll do the trick...
Old May 24th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eva
1.You stink.
Not as badly as a labourer true, but you smell bad,so does your hair,clothes,home and probably your car.People avoid sitting near you because you stink.
You are just wasting your money on perfumes, shapoos,fabric conditioner,air freshnerds etc because they only temporaily mask the smell of nicotine-of which you stink.

2. Your complexion is dull,so are your eyes and the top of your lips probably have multiple wrinkles.Don't waste more money on anti ageing creams,moisturisers etc cos the nicotine of whick you stink writes off any benefits of same.You are destined to look older and with a dull unhealthy looking complexion so long as you smoke.

3. Teeth? Don't bother wasting money on scaling and polishing or whitening treatments-they will stay stained and yellowed.

4. Save all the money you'd spend on above items and employ a 'Funeral Planner' Something you are so readily contributing to, you should at least have a major say in how poisining your lungs and those of others or killing your heart off was definitely 'worth it'.

Stop it now-you know it makes sense Stinky.........
Sincerely,
E,

A convert(over 17years, upwards of 20 per day).

I don't want to stink anymore! I never smoked in my house or car but it prob still stinks from me and i want to get my teeth done! Exactly, what would be the point?!

I'm pretty lucky coz i look younger than i am (well so everyone says) and i don't have any wrinkles YET! but for how long?!

Thing that got me was Allen Carr said in his book he was coughing up blood etc and his wife was really worried about his health and she has put up with him stinking, spending money on cigs etc and how would he feel if it was the other way round.

It just got me thinking if it was Mr H (he hates smoking) who smoked and i didn't, how would i be?!

It is just common sense! Also says in the book it's easier if your intelligent! Makes me even more determined! Don't want to be a thicko all my life!

Thanks Eva coz it defo helps to hear all this!

Mrs H
x
Old May 24th 2009, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by still.unsure
stick with it Mrs H...

have only recent succumbed to the smoking bug (again) recently. hadn't smoke for a couple of years, now am back to bad habits.

shall have to find a copy of that book and see if it'll do the trick...
Thanks still.unsure!

Oh thats a shame. Can i ask what got you started again?

The book i'm reading is 'Stop smoking permanently' which is his second book but his first one is 'Easy way to stop smoking'.
I'm thinking about getting this one too. Need all the help i can get!

Mrs H
x
Old May 24th 2009, 7:07 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Thanks still.unsure!

Oh thats a shame. Can i ask what got you started again?

The book i'm reading is 'Stop smoking permanently' which is his second book but his first one is 'Easy way to stop smoking'.
I'm thinking about getting this one too. Need all the help i can get!

Mrs H
x
(not sure if this is the right time to recount my stories of 'back on the smokes again!' )

i first really started smoking when i was attending autopsy's to get the smell off my hangs and out of my clothes... worked a treat. (there you go, another reason not to smoke! it's so bloody potent it can cover the smell of death! ) stopped for a few years then started again recently. it's all too prevelant here in the magic kingdom and stupidly difficult to resist. (either that or i'm just pathetic...)

thanks for the titles, will look them up!

keep going!

(nicotine is out of your system in 24 hours and the body physiologically doesn't crave it 24 hours later (48 hours). the only part of smoking addition after the first 48 hours is psychological! )
Old May 24th 2009, 7:13 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to stink anymore! I never smoked in my house or car but it prob still stinks from me and i want to get my teeth done! Exactly, what would be the point?!

I'm pretty lucky coz i look younger than i am (well so everyone says) and i don't have any wrinkles YET! but for how long?!

Thing that got me was Allen Carr said in his book he was coughing up blood etc and his wife was really worried about his health and she has put up with him stinking, spending money on cigs etc and how would he feel if it was the other way round.

It just got me thinking if it was Mr H (he hates smoking) who smoked and i didn't, how would i be?!

It is just common sense! Also says in the book it's easier if your intelligent! Makes me even more determined! Don't want to be a thicko all my life!

Thanks Eva coz it defo helps to hear all this!

Mrs H
x

Had most of it said to me Mrs H over the years I smoked.
You will get there.
Good luck.
x
Old May 24th 2009, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by still.unsure
(not sure if this is the right time to recount my stories of 'back on the smokes again!' )

i first really started smoking when i was attending autopsy's to get the smell off my hangs and out of my clothes... worked a treat. (there you go, another reason not to smoke! it's so bloody potent it can cover the smell of death! ) stopped for a few years then started again recently. it's all too prevelant here in the magic kingdom and stupidly difficult to resist. (either that or i'm just pathetic...)

thanks for the titles, will look them up!

keep going!

(nicotine is out of your system in 24 hours and the body physiologically doesn't crave it 24 hours later (48 hours). the only part of smoking addition after the first 48 hours is psychological! )

That is scary! Just made me shiver!

Yeah there isn't much to do in the "Magic Kingdom" is there? In saying that i think that it's going to be hardest when i'm drinking? and no booze there eh?

Well i've had the shakes this morning and feeling a bit weird but i'm hoping it will be better tomorrow.

Thanks!
Old May 24th 2009, 7:36 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Don't give up smoking, just don't smoke! It's all in the mind. If you try to give up, it's hard. If you don't smoke, it's easier.

I've been a non-smoker now for almost 20 years and I don't miss it one bit.
Old May 24th 2009, 7:39 am

That is scary! Just made me shiver!

Yeah there isn't much to do in the "Magic Kingdom" is there? In saying that i think that it's going to be hardest when i'm drinking? and no booze there eh?

Well i've had the shakes this morning and feeling a bit weird but i'm hoping it will be better tomorrow.

Thanks!
go for a walk (yes, yes, i know, the heat, but...) or do some activity that you wouldn't normally do to take your mind off of it.

you'll be fine!
Old May 24th 2009, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Roadking
Don't give up smoking, just don't smoke! It's all in the mind. If you try to give up, it's hard. If you don't smoke, it's easier.

I've been a non-smoker now for almost 20 years and I don't miss it one bit.
neat little way of thinking about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.