British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Did anyone see this idiot??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/did-anyone-see-idiot-580611/)

The Dean Dec 29th 2008 3:55 am

Did anyone see this idiot???

Tall bloke.......... completely uncoordinated.............. kept losing his balance.........

At the Dubai Mall Ice Rink yesterday afternoon. Thought he could ice skate, but spent most of the time on his backside watching four-year-old Katarina Witt wannabes pirouetting balletically around his sorry, fallen, pathetic ass..........

What kind of moron would willingly subject himself to such a humiliating experience???

:o:o:o

admon Dec 29th 2008 4:48 am

Re: Did anyone see this idiot???

err.. that was me..

only joking. Still not been brave enough to actually go to Dubai Mall - most reports seem to say its pretty shite, with not a lot open..

Erinlee Dec 29th 2008 4:55 am

I saw him but the man that caught my attention was a stocky middle aged man with a moustache. He was clinging on to his friend for dear life with one hand and the railing with the other. He kept wobbling about and kept us and many others amused. :D

I thought it was great that he was making an effort and he seemed to be improving after going around after the 10th time.

I wasn't so brave though!

Seems to be a great way to get fit and lose weight. I will have to brave it sometime. :ohmy:

The Dean Dec 29th 2008 6:19 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7105755)
err.. that was me..

only joking. Still not been brave enough to actually go to Dubai Mall - most reports seem to say its pretty shite, with not a lot open..

Dubai Mall?

Yes - dull, dull, dull..............

DaWarrior Dec 29th 2008 7:06 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7105755)
err.. that was me..

Would still prefer Mall of the Emirates or Festival City over this...

Nic1 Dec 29th 2008 7:08 am

You've been ice skating this week then TD ?

You need a low centre of gravity to be good at it . . . .

N

MacScot Dec 29th 2008 7:09 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7105691)
What kind of moron would willingly subject himself to such a humiliating experience???

..probably some idiot on his birthday...what are you going to do ?

Happy Birthday The Dean :thumbup:

Kim67 Dec 29th 2008 7:13 am

Tall bloke.......... completely uncoordinated.............. kept losing his balance.........

At the Dubai Mall Ice Rink yesterday afternoon. Thought he could ice skate, but spent most of the time on his backside watching four-year-old Katarina Witt wannabes pirouetting balletically around his sorry, fallen, pathetic ass..........

Don't worry, it will get easier - wear some waterproof padding in the back of your jeans if you're going to spend so much time on your bum though.

DaWarrior Dec 29th 2008 7:48 am

Happy Birthday Mate!

Blue Cat Dec 29th 2008 8:04 am

you in Dubai then?

Madam Medusa Dec 29th 2008 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7105871)
Dubai Mall?

Yes - dull, dull, dull..............

noooo, it's my new fave mall...it will be miles better than the others once everything is open and the parking is sorted...

MM, xx

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Dec 30th 2008 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7106738)
noooo, it's my new fave mall...it will be miles better than the others once everything is open and the parking is sorted...

MM, xx

Is it not fully open yet? I hadn't realised. I had planned to go there on Saturday.

lionheart Dec 30th 2008 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7109512)
Is it not fully open yet? I hadn't realised. I had planned to go there on Saturday.

Yes it is officially open. The Aquarium, Discovery Centre, Ice Skating Rink and Food Courts are open. Many of the shops are open, but an equal number are not yet fully operational. Still worth a visit but, if you wanna see the fish, get there before lunch as it gets crowded weekend afternoons. Parking is a doddle.

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Dec 30th 2008 4:23 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7109588)
Yes it is officially open. The Aquarium, Discovery Centre, Ice Skating Rink and Food Courts are open. Many of the shops are open, but an equal number are not yet fully operational. Still worth a visit but, if you wanna see the fish, get there before lunch as it gets crowded weekend afternoons. Parking is a doddle.

Thanks. I am thinking of combining my shopping trip to Dubai with a day and a night in Sharjah.

admon Dec 30th 2008 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7109612)
Thanks. I am thinking of combining my shopping trip to Dubai with a day and a night in Sharjah.

a night in Sharjah? how come?