Reload this Page >

Did anyone hear THIS today?

Did anyone hear THIS today?

Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:49 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Did anyone hear THIS today?

Originally Posted by Millhouse
bloody noisy mosque next door
Wow, you made me laugh without saying anything disgusting!
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:50 am

Wow, you didn't say anything disgusting!
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha!. Not quite. We are between two, each a street or two away.

No way would I move next door to a mosque. We saw the nicest villa in Barsha, but it was opposite a notoriously noisy mosque so had to pass on that.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Ha ha!. Not quite. We are between two, each a street or two away.

No way would I move next door to a mosque. We saw the nicest villa in Barsha, but it was opposite a notoriously noisy mosque so had to pass on that.
Your place is lush. You shouldn't move.

Plus, it's ****ing massive. Don't be greedy.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:08 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Your place is lush. You shouldn't move.

Plus, it's ****ing massive. Don't be greedy.

We're definitely moving. Found a new place, which is essentially two buildings. One for us, the other for work.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

E-mail from Al Hamra (the nice one in Riyadh adjacent to the Brit School) yesterday which brought a tear to my eye

We are currently updating our waiting lists; therefore would like to know whether you are still “interested” in keeping your name on our waiting list for future contact regarding availability. If “Yes” or “No”, please reply back as soon as possible.

Our current price for three bedroom villas’ is as follows;

A type is 380,000/- SAR.
B type is 360,000/- SAR.
C type is 340,000/- SAR
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:11 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at the Greens. Prices have gone up (my friends are paying around 50k for a one bed, whereas I'm looking at 60k for the same).

The one thing that does seem to be rearing its ugly head again is one cheque landlords.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:23 am

You looking to move to Umm Sequim 1 then?
Things are not quite that bad

I was thinking perhaps I could pursue an environmental crusade (between the mosques) and plug your wantonly destructive bore-hole (Millhouse, stop it!!).
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

We're definitely moving. Found a new place, which is essentially two buildings. One for us, the other for work.
Oh that's decent then. Good to get it separate I suppose.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Property prices, rental and purchase, have been increasing steadily for quite a while now.

Yes, the supply of apartments etc has also increased, but the amount of property in the right locations has not - so you are seeing the output of that. Rents in highly sought after areas (Ranches, Jumeirah, etc) are all going up.

Added to that, there has been quite an influx of residents over the last 6 months and also people looking for cash purchases of property from other arab countries.

A local friend told me a couple of months ago he is seeing around 50 new companies set up a month at the moment.

There are lots of other ways to see that Dubai is 'back' (for whatever reason). Ask any hotel what their occupancy is, (get someone who looks like they'll tell the truth ) - they are all 90%+.

Taxis are busy, roads are very busy, businesses are busy. Even a little more supply of housing is not going to affect rents substantially as the most desirable areas will keep on increasing.

The UAE at the moment has very good GDP, a nice slow steady growth. I would think that rents would keep going up at the same pace for the forseeable future.

(I'm not an estate agent, just an observer)
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Slightly at a tangent, but sort of relevant, you may be interested in seeing where UAE is placed when comparing GDP.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/

Very steady growth compared to many other countries.

Things are looking very good for the UAE just now.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Not convinced Dubai is fully recovering (i.e. strong demand for property etc in all areas) but comments on here support that view anyway.

I still think retailing is patchy (lots of shops closing down in the malls) but the overall picture may be stronger than, say, a year ago.

The only really ambitious mega-project I can see is the Habtoor jobby where the Metropolitan Hotel/Rattlesnake were - if he can make a success out of that, I'll be very impressed............
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Slightly at a tangent, but sort of relevant, you may be interested in seeing where UAE is placed when comparing GDP.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/

Very steady growth compared to many other countries.

Things are looking very good for the UAE just now.
looks like Mongolia is thriving too
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:28 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Scamp
Oh that's decent then. Good to get it separate I suppose.
Our current place isn't that big. You should see some of the mansions we looked at. You'd need walkies talkies to keep in touch in some of them.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

But look at Mongolia's inflation and interest rates.

You need to be looking at the countries which have a GDP which is steady, with low inflation and interest rates too.

There are actually very few countries which fall into this bracket, UAE does!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.