Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Originally Posted by Bison
I would put my house on it (if I had one) that I am right, the signs you refer to are giving the wrong info, I know for a fact that you can do 140kph without triggering the camera, the official limit may be 100kph as you claim, but the cameras definately trigger at 140kph.

Bison
You would lose your house then..anyway, if the sign says 100kph why are you doing 140kph? You sound like a reckless speed merchant who deserves to be fined.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:57 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

You would lose your house then..anyway, if the sign says 100kph why are you doing 140kph? You sound like a reckless speed merchant who deserves to be fined.
I wouldn't lose my house, I am not wrong and I am doing 140kph as that is the limit and the signs are wrong (or out of date)

I know I have been doing that speed safely for the last year without being flashed or fined (I'm not getting into the whole speed debate again as you know my thoughts on it, please refer to the speed debate post that we had last year)

I will continue to do 140kph safely and will only refrain from this if I do get fined (which is unlikely as the cameras don't trigger until 140kph)
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:43 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't lose my house, I am not wrong and I am doing 140kph as that is the limit and the signs are wrong (or out of date)

I know I have been doing that speed safely for the last year without being flashed or fined (I'm not getting into the whole speed debate again as you know my thoughts on it, please refer to the speed debate post that we had last year)

I will continue to do 140kph safely and will only refrain from this if I do get fined (which is unlikely as the cameras don't trigger until 140kph)

Is Bison World a nice place?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to those of you that might disagree but surely speeding limits are there for a reason, why the hell they allow you to go over that limit before your done amazes me....

for some reason people seem to forget speed kills and with the amount of reckless drivers on the road that do not strap their children into their seats... why in gods name you would want to go any faster is beyond me
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:50 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You will surely be getting more fines and black points so why take the risk? When they have roadworks on SZR the speed limit is often reduced to 80kph for a reason but you will obviously continue to put other motorists at risk. Are you one of thiose guys who flashes drivers who are driving within the designated speed limits? By the way, since when has The Metropole Hotel been in Bur Dubai? As far as I know it almost opposite Safa Park.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:15 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

You will surely be getting more fines and black points so why take the risk? When they have roadworks on SZR the speed limit is often reduced to 80kph for a reason but you will obviously continue to put other motorists at risk. Are you one of thiose guys who flashes drivers who are driving within the designated speed limits? By the way, since when has The Metropole Hotel been in Bur Dubai? As far as I know it almost opposite Safa Park.
Just for the record, I do slow down in the Roadworks, I travel the speed limit and not over it, so I fail to see why you are attacking me? Your saying I am speeding and taking a risk, but the limit is 140kph and that is what the speed cameras are set at, so I am not speeding and I am not breaking the law? If someone is doing 100kph in the two fastest lanes when the slower lanes are empty then they are causing a problem and deserve a flashing, plus I never said the Metropole was Bur Dubai, I said Burj Dubai as that tower is the landmark I use in that area, I don't know the metropole?

To Mrs Haps - If you read some of the earlier posts, you will see that years ago the speed limit was 100/120kph in most areas, then some Swedes said that the roads were of a high standard and people could drive faster, so they upped the limit to 160kph and found that the accident rate didn't increase (which blows your speed kills theory out of the water, again refer to previous speed post) therefore they left it at the higer limit and have never updated the signs.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:21 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the record, I do slow down in the Roadworks, I travel the speed limit and not over it, so I fail to see why you are attacking me? Your saying I am speeding and taking a risk, but the limit is 140kph and that is what the speed cameras are set at, so I am not speeding and I am not breaking the law? If someone is doing 100kph in the two fastest lanes when the slower lanes are empty then they are causing a problem and deserve a flashing, plus I never said the Metropole was Bur Dubai, I said Burj Dubai as that tower is the landmark I use in that area, I don't know the metropole?

To Mrs Haps - If you read some of the earlier posts, you will see that years ago the speed limit was 100/120kph in most areas, then some Swedes said that the roads were of a high standard and people could drive faster, so they upped the limit to 160kph and found that the accident rate didn't increase (which blows your speed kills theory out of the water, again refer to previous speed post) therefore they left it at the higer limit and have never updated the signs.

ah Bison Bison Bison, you poor fellow.

The limit here is NOT 140, never was and never has been, nor was or is it 160.

What the cameras are set at is irrelevant as the leagally stated and publicly known (except in bison world) limit is that which is stated on the signs, be that 100, 120 60 or whatever
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Dont tell me speed doesnt kill - im not having a go at you all i am saying is why anyone would want to go another 20 over the speed limit... why the hell do they have speed signs if they mean nothing - a waste of money......

this is a conversation you have had on here before and it ended up the same way. I dont agree with you and the quicker this country put actual laws in place that actually mean something the better.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:28 am
100% British Beef

ah Bison Bison Bison, you poor fellow.

The limit here is NOT 140, never was and never has been, nor was or is it 160.

What the cameras are set at is irrelevant as the leagally stated and publicly known (except in bison world) limit is that which is stated on the signs, be that 100, 120 60 or whatever
Ok whatever, I am never going to win against a woman so I will just say let's agree to disagree.

I guess that makes me a speeder, but I don't get flashed at that speed so I will continue to drive at that speed at so will thousands of other motorists.

Even the police don't seem to care as I have over took them at 160kph on the way to AD many times!

Bison
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok whatever, I am never going to win against a woman so I will just say let's agree to disagree.

I guess that makes me a speeder, but I don't get flashed at that speed so I will continue to drive at that speed at so will thousands of other motorists.

Even the police don't seem to care as I have over took them at 160kph on the way to AD many times!

Bison
I just dont see that it is anything to be proud of or to brag about...

we all speed at one time or another, but I dont do it every day all day because im not going to get flashed, i usually have to do it because someone is riding my tail and i want out of their way!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:00 am
100% British Beef

we all speed at one time or another, but I dont do it every day all day because im not going to get flashed, i usually have to do it because someone is riding my tail and i want out of their way!
Exactly, everyone speeds, even the people on here that attack me about my thoughts on speeding. You've just admitted that you speed to, so what's your excuse then, sorry I killed that guy cos I was speeding, but it was only because some one was tailgating me? Don't give me that rubbish, tailgating doesn't give you an excuse to speed up, if you want to drive slowly and don't like tailgaters, then stay travelling at the speed you are doing (as long as it's not below the limit and holding up traffic) and let the tailgater keep flashin or move over!!

There are a lot of hypocrits on here that speed themselves, don't admit it, then attack me about it.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, everyone speeds, even the people on here that attack me about my thoughts on speeding. You've just admitted that you speed to, so what's your excuse then, sorry I killed that guy cos I was speeding, but it was only because some one was tailgating me? Don't give me that rubbish, tailgating doesn't give you an excuse to speed up, if you want to drive slowly and don't like tailgaters, then stay travelling at the speed you are doing (as long as it's not below the limit and holding up traffic) and let the tailgater keep flashin or move over!!

There are a lot of hypocrits on here that speed themselves, don't admit it, then attack me about it.
In all fairness:
1. You have opened up this debate on speed, so have to expect the comments, particularly after the thread in the same vein a few weeks ago.
2. Most people speed occasionally, they are late, nice bit of open road, whatever the excuse, etc etc. There is a lot of difference with your suggestions, as you seem to be determined to drive at all times at the maximum available speed that the cameras won't catch you at.
Sure, speeding can be safe. But it can also be inherently unsafe, depending on the surroundings and conditions on which you are speeding.
An attitude towards 'I speed at every opportunity' is bound to draw criticism, much as a thread about 'I hit children with big sticks whenever I can' would.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Pet what i was saying was totally different to i speed because i can!!!!

your the tosser who tail gates who could kill me if i had to brake and i usually stay out of the outside lane because of knobs like you! Its only when im over taking someone i sit in the outside lane doing the speed limit or over because im trying to get back into the 'slow' lane!

jesus how old are you 17? grow up!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:20 am
100% British Beef

In all fairness:
1. You have opened up this debate on speed, so have to expect the comments, particularly after the thread in the same vein a few weeks ago.
2. Most people speed occasionally, they are late, nice bit of open road, whatever the excuse, etc etc. There is a lot of difference with your suggestions, as you seem to be determined to drive at all times at the maximum available speed that the cameras won't catch you at.
Sure, speeding can be safe. But it can also be inherently unsafe, depending on the surroundings and conditions on which you are speeding.
An attitude towards 'I speed at every opportunity' is bound to draw criticism, much as a thread about 'I hit children with big sticks whenever I can' would.
I don't know what gave you the idea that I speed at every available opportunity? I even had a leisurely drive to work this morning at 100kph, in the 2nd lane, causing no obstruction to the drivers in the fast lane doing 140kph.

I fully agree with your comments depending on the surroundings and conditions on which you are speeding. I for one was doing about 60/70kph when it pissed down with rain! I do expect the comments, but still, lots of hipocrits, I'd bet that every body on this forum speeds or has sped at some point.

Bison
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bison
the speed limit on the main ad/dxb highway from shahama in ad and to the border with ad and dxb is 160. it was changed about 1.5 years ago, signs not changed tho. if you care to look at the gulf news back then they published the stats that a swedish firm did a 6 months survey and it didnt make any difference to the way people drive here so they decided to keep the new speed limit. its the people that drive in the incorrect lane at the wrong speed limit or weaving with their feet on the dashboard with the kids bouncing about all over the car or hanging out of the windows/sun roof that are the ones to watch out for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.